• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu readers' Top 100 games of 2006

Link316 said:
nice! we can infer from this that 360 & PSP owners are alot more satisfied with their purchases ;)

Buh what?

What we can infer is that percentage wise, Famitsu readers prefer PSP and 360 more than the general public of Japan does. How does it tell us about purchase satisfaction?

Defuser

Link316 said:
nice! we can infer from this that 360 & PSP owners are alot more satisfied with their purchases ;)
Hardware/software sales doesn't seem to fit the bill.
Which is why i question famitsu readers.

Brofist

Defuser said:
Hardware/software sales doesn't seem to fit the bill.
Which is why i question famitsu readers.

what do you question? yeah I'm sure they are all lying just for the shit of it. Or maybe as mentioned the type of game player that buys Famitsu is more likely to buy the type of games on that list. Which tells us Famitsu readers don't account for mainstream gamers in Japan.

Rhindle said:
One whole Western title made the top 100!

Japanese gamers are really expanding their horizons.

I honestly don't understand why the opinions of such a clearly xenophobic group of gamers matter so much to gamers in other countries, esp. America and the UK.

Brak

plagiarize said:
does anyone here think that if we voted on the top 100 games of 2006 that it would remotely line up with sales?

i don't see why you should expect the opinions of *hardcore gamers* like us and famitsu readers to represent what sold.
Actually, GAF's 2006 GOTY thread provided the absolute best list for top games in 2006. Way, way better than anything the so-called major websites shat out. And way more in line with mainstream tastes than Famitsu's wacky results.

Have a gander.

Top Bottom