• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Scans of Halo 3 PICS OF THE FORGE IN ACTION!

Proelite

i wonder if they did anything with fake shadows casted by the environment. Fake as in a designated area called shadow where the player instantly turned dark upon entering the area. Not a big deal when the action is fast and hectic, but in slow cutscenes it might be jarring.

Dirtbag

GhaleonEB said:
Bungie "shot down" a lot of stuff from the Beta hex code as "smoke and mirrors" that has since been confirmed. For those of us trying to steer clear of any potential spoilers, that was a ****ing gut punch. I even avoided the level names from the hex code and Achievements (don't even know how many there are). It would not surprise me if the main level names at least were pulled from the Achievement list, which is more than I want to see.

I'm taking Marty's avice from here on out - I'm done with any forum but GAF for now, and I'm going to largely stay out of the Halo threads until I produce the official one. Regardless of whether that was an ACTUAL spoiler or not, it's clear there are people here willing to spoil as much as possible for everyone, I'm not down with that shit.

Laters.

Damn. What are the rest of us going to do now?

NJ Shlice

Wile E Bud said:
GhaleonEB sure got his panties up in a bunch and i dint mean to spoil the game for anyone. luke even said there were wrong. plus i couldnt find the spoiler tags.

Leave him alone guys. you see, he couldn't FIND the spoiler tags.

I dunno if you are new around here or not, but people take the plot very seriously. Like Harry Potter seriously and just to be safe you shouldn't have posted anything at all.

You should be banned.

*EDIT* If a mod is watching... can we ban Wile E as a sacrifice to get Ghaleon and Voc back??

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Wile E Bud said:
GhaleonEB sure got his panties up in a bunch and i dint mean to spoil the game for anyone. luke even said there were wrong. plus i couldnt find the spoiler tags.

Just...just clean up and go home. You've done enough here.

Falagard

Wile E Bud said:

I have three words for you:

You fail internets.

Dirtbag

Wile E Bud said:

alot of us have bitter memories from the halo2 leak. you should know better.

Chinner

Banned
thekad said:
So Bungie kept that same hill from the Beta? Wow, any explanation for that Stinkles? I can't recall anyone liking it.

It looks like you can see through it more this time. Which is always useful.

Mojovonio

Banned
thekad said:
So Bungie kept that same hill from the Beta? Wow, any explanation for that Stinkles? I can't recall anyone liking it.

Wow, this is a surprising remark from you. You're usually much more positive.

We'll be seeing the fruits of Frankie and Ske7ch's exploits in Amsterdam this week; maybe I'll stick around for that, but afterwards it's going to be an
(attempted-- I am weak)...
media blackout for me.

I feel guilty enough for seeing the scanz and whatnot already out and don't want to spoil myself any further. Imagine the impact of seeing all the things we've seen these past few days for the first time in September, totally out of the blue and unexpected. Marty was right. :/

Doodlebug

I don't mind the odd scan if all it does is flaunt the visuals.

The last thing I want to see is storyline spoilers. The title of a mission or something is enough to ruin it for me.

Dirtbag

Spaceman Spiff said:
We'll be seeing the fruits of Frankie and Ske7ch's exploits in Amsterdam this week; maybe I'll stick around for that, but afterwards it's going to be an
(attempted-- I am weak)...
media blackout for me.

I feel guilty enough for seeing the scanz and whatnot already out and don't want to spoil myself any further. Imagine the impact of seeing all the things we've seen these past few days for the first time in September, totally out of the blue and unexpected. Marty was right. :/

Bungie guards so much of the story/game though, that I don't think much more is going to be revealed in scans/videos. I've always felt pretty safe looking at what they show b4 releases.

HallwayGiant said:
Sweetness.

And 12:00 for the french pirates amirite?

I'm a descendant from actual french pirates.

raYne

Mojovonio said:
Wow, this is a surprising remark from you. You're usually much more positive.
:lol

thekad said:
That's not the same hill...

You could barely see through the Beta hill at all. Especially if it was white or brightly colored. That's the reason no one liked it and that seems to have been addressed already.

Mojovonio

Banned
Speevy said:
Good.

beelzebozo's little charade will soon come to an end.

Yes, I will confirm the Lair scores and such.

We normally get EGM on the last Tuesday of the month, and usually I don't buy them, I just read them on my break, but I'll likely get all 3 covers.

BTW, what hill are we talking about?

3rdman

Doodlebug said:
I don't mind the odd scan if all they do is flaunt the visuals.

The last thing I want to see (or read) is storyline spoilers. Tha title of a mission or something is enough to do that.
Really?...I don't care nearly as much for those things...Tell me that Cortana becomes a Tranvestite Pimp for the Flood and I'd probably shrug it off. In a game like Halo, I get the most enjoyment out of simply exploring the enviorment and trying different tactics and when the game space is spoiled, it kinda loses its "wow" factor. There are already some details from the first few levels I wish I hadn't known. :(

Falagard

Dirtbag 504 said:
Bungie guards so much of the story/game though, that I don't think much more is going to be revealed in scans/videos. I've always felt pretty safe looking at what they show b4 releases.

Marty recently warned everyone not to look at promotional material that comes from anyone except Bungie. Luke came on and said that Marty likes to exaggerate.

Later, an advert showed up on the HBO forums of a musical performance and on the advert was a potentially huge spoiler. Since it is related to music, I think that this is what Marty was talking about.

Stay away from everything.

Mojovonio

Banned
Falagard said:
Marty recently warned everyone not to look at promotional material that comes from anyone except Bungie. Luke came on and said that Marty likes to exaggerate.

Later, an advert showed up on the HBO forums of a musical performance and on the advert was a potentially huge spoiler. Since it is related to music, I think that this is what Marty was talking about.

Most of Halo 2 spoilers came from pirates who played through the game early anyways.

Dirtbag

Falagard said:

Damn, I stand corrected.

edit:though, I generally stay off the HBO forums cuz there so god-awful to use.

armubaba

Blimblim said:
155501406320070731173732.jpg

Looks very nice. Pelicans in particular look awesome. Most importantly, COLOR! GLORIOUS COLOR!!!!

Wile E Bud said:
plus i couldnt find the spoiler tags.

:lol

Doodlebug

Yeah, the hill does seem a little more transparent than it was in the Beta. That should please a lot of people.

I didn't mind how it was in the Beta. Sure, it was sometimes difficult to determine exactly where the grenades were coming from when you were inside the hill, but it was a little more challenging. It was fun.

Mojovonio

Banned
Doodlebug said:
Yeah, the hill does seem a little more transparent than it was in the Beta. That should please a lot of people.

I didn't mind how it was in the Beta. Sure, it was sometimes difficult to determine exactly where the grenades were coming from when you were inside the hill, but it was a little more challenging. It was fun.
That's what I suggested. Make it so grenades couldn't come through the side, but you could lob them in from the top. Otherwise, its too much chaos.

TDG

Banned
Well guys, I think it's safe to say that if Ghaleon still posted here, he's name me to be his successor.

On-topic:
I'm glad to hear the Hill might be a bit more transparent. I liked KoTH other than it being so hard to see. Also, certain colors had advantages in certain places.

Karg

the disgruntled gamer said:
Well guys, I think it's safe to say that if Ghaleon still posted here, he's name me to be his successor.

On-topic:
I'm glad to hear the Hill might be a bit more transparent. I liked KoTH other than it being so hard to see. Also, certain colors had advantages in certain places.

Yeah a red spartan on High Ground in the hill when it was in front of the base was such a pain. Could barely see where they were.

pswii60

armubaba said:
Looks very nice. Pelicans in particular look awesome. Most importantly, COLOR! GLORIOUS COLOR!!!!

Yep, one thing I love about the Halo series is how it stands out from every other FPS visually.

The art-style, environments, use of lighting and colour etc is unique and varied environemtns and really stops Halo from looking generic - hence its popuarity in the mainstream.

Reading the 1up preview got me so excited. The way they described the jungle area sounds really exciting.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
DAMN that shot looks gorgeous in direct-feed - just gorgeous!

Really reminds me how I always loved the design of the Pelican...

snack said:
84095519620070731132039.jpg

What is that weapon?

Ooooooooh - fourth grenade is in MP as well - nice!

And again, Elite HUD looks cool as hell!

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
LukeSmith said:
Yes. You are. It is a "timed release" however. Because of things that are for stuff and things. Next week's show seems semi-unlikely because of Frank and Ske7ch's absence, but them's the breaks.

Hope this means we're getting co-op infos in the podcast, in light of the new news.

OMG

Top Bottom