• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fans: Bring Xenoblade, TLS, Pandora to US | NoA: lol no | NoE: Come here instead!

AceBandage said:
The thing about petitions is that they're so easy to fake and flub with false accounts.
It's much harder to get tens of thousands of people to order a game on Amazon.

That's not what I meant. That's genuinely showing intent to buy, which is good.

What I mean is spamming Facebook/Twitter pages and making groups. It kinda worked with Namco, it might work here, but I think whatever effect it may have will lessen over time.

Takao

Banned
Phoenix_Apollo said:
What I mean is spamming Facebook/Twitter pages and making groups. It kinda worked with Namco, it might work here, but I think whatever effect it may have will lessen over time.

Maybe for Tales fans, but .hack fans had rallies, and sent a huge box of fan-art, letters, printed online petitions, burned copies of Naruto games, and sent in plushies to Scamco. That game (.hack//LINK) still ain't gonna be localized.

Neither will Dragon Ball Kai: Ultimate Butoden, but no one cares about that. Even though it's the last good game a beloved development studio will ever make.

waytofailself

Neo Member
Struct09 said:
FYI, the address for NOA in the OP doesn't exist anymore - that's their old building that was demolished. Their new address is 4600 150th AVE NE.

The letters will probably get forwarded, but just letting you know.

Crap, that's the address I originally had on my envelope. I changed it after seeing the post at IGN.

Oh well, it will get there somehow. At least the letter itself has the correct address on it?

Go_Ly_Dow

Phoenix_Apollo said:

Bq9iu.jpg

COME ON REGGIE, DO THE RIGHT THING FOR ONCE!

Effect

Hope people don't let up. If they are still interested in the game and want to play it the should still pre-order if they haven't yet and pass the word to others if they can as well.

Takao said:
Maybe for Tales fans, but .hack fans had rallies, and sent a huge box of fan-art, letters, printed online petitions, burned copies of Naruto games, and sent in plushies to Scamco. That game (.hack//LINK) still ain't gonna be localized.

Neither will Dragon Ball Kai: Ultimate Butoden, but no one cares about that. Even though it's the last good game a beloved development studio will ever make.

I really do feel for the .hack fans. It's a shame that game probably won't make it over.

But my god, I think Xenoblade/The Last Story/Pandora's Tower actually have a shot here. MONADO TOOK DOWN THE KINECT AND ZELDA AND COD. IT IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD.

Foffy

Banned
Phoenix_Apollo said:
I really do feel for the .hack fans. It's a shame that game probably won't make it over.

But my god, I think Xenoblade/The Last Story/Pandora's Tower actually have a shot here. MONADO TOOK DOWN THE KINECT AND ZELDA AND COD. IT IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD.

It's only the
Beginning of the World.

Bel Marduk said:
WE FUCKING DID IT!!!

No we haven't! It now has to maintain momentum. Don't give up now just cause it's number 1 on Amazon right now. It means nothing if the game isn't released. CONTINUE TO SPREAD THE WORD!!!

kunonabi said:
So how many preorders did it take to get Monado to number 1? How can anyone formulate a reasonable estimate?

It started Friday at over #12,000.
Today it's at #1, beating out a slew of popular games, accessories and systems.
I'd say in the tens of thousands, but I dunno what the actual traffic of Amazon is, so.

Regulus Tera said:
No, because Nintendo fans did not buy Sin and Punishment 2 despite its miraculous localisation. [/still bitter]

Hey, I bought it.

anaron

kunonabi said:
So how many preorders did it take to get Monado to number 1? How can anyone formulate a reasonable estimate?
This is what ultimately matters. The surge in its ranking could mean very little otherwise. (Aside from bringing the obvious and much need attention)

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
anaron said:
This is what ultimately matters. The surge in its ranking could mean very little otherwise. (Aside from bringing the obvious and much need attention)
Yeah, the speed of this almost makes me wonder if it only took a few thousand pre-orders on Amazon

Deku

Banned
Even though I'm in Canada, I pre-ordered on the US site and put friend's mailing address in the states.

Now let's see Nintendo call that bluff and actually release it :p

anaron said:

Regardless, the insane upswing in preorders should get it noticed. Not just by the community, but the average Amazon surfer.

"What is this Monado and why is it suddenly getting so many preorders?"

This will help lead to word of mouth and (hopefully) another strong push.

Trurl

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
No, because Nintendo fans did not buy Sin and Punishment 2 despite its miraculous localisation. [/still bitter]
This is a completely different genre, though.

Edit: Nintendo should now do a stealth launch of this game so that people don't have a chance to cancel their pre orders.

Takao

Banned
Phoenix_Apollo said:

Right now is a bad time to be a .hack fan as they're getting collectively shit on this year. CyberConnect2 and Scamco are adamant that this year is the end of .hack. To celebrate its conclusion they're releasing one final direct to video series, which likely either won't be released in the US, or will end up subtitle only. To add to that, the manga series, which appeared to do well in the US, had their publication cut tragically short as the publisher for it in the US closed down, and no longer functions. Of course this is topped off with the fact that the supposed last game in the franchise (.hack//LINK) won't be coming over any time soon.

heringer

Reggie is a fucking genius. They were planning on releasing Xenoblade all along, but wanted us to do their job and market the game for them.

Diffense

#1 overall...wow
Fans are basically marketing the game for NOA on top of commiting to a purchase.
Biggest FU ever, if this doesn't get localized.

NOA *laughs*

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
heringer said:
Reggie is a fucking genius. They were planning on releasing Xenoblade all along, but wanted us to do their job and market the game for them.

Reggie gaming's premiere chessmaster confirmed.

Well I did my part for Xenoblade. While I'd like Xenoblade and The Last Story to get localized, I'd rather Disaster: Day of Crisis, Takt of Magic, and/or Zangeki no Reginleiv get localized instead of Pandora's Tower.

Well done to everyone involved in the campaign, it's good to see a properly organised effort to show a company money on the table rather than those useless online petitions.

Azure Phoenix said:
Well done to everyone involved in the campaign, it's good to see a properly organised effort to show a company money on the table rather than those useless online petitions.

Too early to celebrate. Gotta keep the momentum going.

Top Bottom