• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Velcro Fly

I started a second file and basically got to the point where I could go to Port Puerto. It is fun but I get frustrated that the random elements of gathering stuff sometimes just takes forever for no reason. I needed like one type of fish from the West Grassy Plains and I literally fished every spot three times looking for it and still I'm 4/5 on my completion. Like come the fuck on I just want this fish so I can move on with the game.

I'm already basically skipping cooking, alchemy, the other three combat lives, and sewing until I can pay to respec later in the game. Just want a nice leisurely romp through the game again to enjoy how charming and engrossing it is but that dumb fish RNG made me mad.

daydream

Banned
it might still make it onto 3ds at a later date

also, it looks pretty damn similar to the first one so i'm not too broken up about this

Robin64

Doesn't even have any new lives. That would have been the killer. Instead it just looks like FL1 with an added town building mode. If that's their idea of a sequel, they can keep it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm contemplating picking this up to play alongside Monster Hunter. Seems like a more casual experience with a bunch of content. How tough does the post-game stuff get? I like to have some challenge to work for.

Meffer

I'm contemplating picking this up to play alongside Monster Hunter. Seems like a more casual experience with a bunch of content. How tough does the post-game stuff get? I like to have some challenge to work for.

It's a fairly cruising game but the DLC (which should get honestly) monsters hit hard.

Hobbun

Sorry for the bump, but just started up a game last night, purchased the DLC, and having a lot of fun so far.

About 3 hours into the game and have so far tried two Lifes, Paladin and Alchemist (started with Paladin). This game seems made for me. I am very OCD on getting, raising and maxing everything, so I see myself spending a LOT of hours.

May seem like a silly question, but can you only open chests with your gear put away? I tried to open a small, red chest in the East Grassy Plains area and it wouldn’t open. I didn’t think of it until now, but did not attempt to do so while putting my gear away (hitting ‘B’). Although to be fair, at that time, I hadn’t even attempted putting my gear away yet.

Top Bottom