• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

joecanada

Looking forward to exploring this and skipping most of the story lol. And I think it's way cool you can invite friends in

Vein

Banned
Looks so much more refined than Far Cry 3. I have to finish up Far Cry 3 now I think. Nvidia and these guys have really put a step forward in improving some standard tech. Little worried how it will run.

I'm sold on this game after the Giant Bomb quicklook. Looks like they fixed some of my issues with FC3. Will definitely be picking this up
on sale

I am not really sure how the co op really works. There is a trophy for doing stuff while playing as Hurk, which I think I have seen is the character in co op besides the main character. If I were to give a key to someone and they played off my game, would I be able to play as Hurk?

Also a neat feature. If you can't play coop you can call for back up offline if you are having a hard time taking over outposts and fortresses.

Lernaean

Banned
PS4 version is godlike in graphics department. So beautiful. Framerate is 30fps, had just one small dip in 4 hours or so.

That's what i've seen in vids too, it looks gorgeous, and runs great.
One thing i noticed in vids though is some stuttering when the camera moves around. Is it noticeable in the game?
Please let me know because i'm between PS4 and PC, and i'd prefer to play it on the big ass TV tbh.

One thing i noticed in vids though is some stuttering when the camera moves around. Is it noticeable in the game?
Please let me know because i'm between PS4 and PC, and i'd prefer to play it on the big ass TV tbh.

Digital foundry found no noticeable stutter in their analysis. They said they only experienced a drop in framerate once in a story sequence but the rest of the time it was pretty much locked 30 even when the engine is under a lot of stress.

Anyone else feel like the co-op for this makes up for the MASSIVE letdown that was the FC3 co-op "campaigns"? That shit was awful.

Really hope this delivers on the promise of co-op in an open world shooter.

Havent seen a stutter myself tbh. But Im not very hard to please in the technical department

Aces&Eights

So, I am on the West Coast and my preload says 20:45 minutes until unlock? That is 9:00pm local time.Is this unlocking based on east coast midnight? (Hope so!)

OT: Very excited for this one as the reviews are coming in high. Looks great in 1080p and seems to have a stable framerate. So far, no mention of a companion app and all that bullshit. Woot.

Kabuto

Already got it preloaded so just got to wait 24 hours! I loved Far Cry 3; it was the first game I played on my gaming PC and I 100% it. Hyped for tomorrow!

Yoday

So, I am on the West Coast and my preload says 20:45 minutes until unlock? That is 9:00pm local time.Is this unlocking based on east coast midnight? (Hope so!)

OT: Very excited for this one as the reviews are coming in high. Looks great in 1080p and seems to have a stable framerate. So far, no mention of a companion app and all that bullshit. Woot.
Yeah, both this and dragon age unlock at 9pm PST. The PSN store page for a game will tell you exactly when a game unlocks.

magawolaz

d0_Q9rj_N.jpg

could have used this in the OP, OP. or at least a variant of it.
untitled-1zgaokpgyd1.gif

I miss the kazification

great OP btw!

I hope there'll be a dlc like Blood Dragon, that was 10x more enjoyable than the base game.

Except for the crazy plot they have taken some mechanics from blood dragon and put it in fc4. I don't expect blood dragon 2 but I expect another standalone expansion like freedom cry for it.

Dunkers92

So up for this! So many games competing for my time.

I think Far Cry 4 will be the one that wins most of my time considering how much I adored Far Cry 3.

Hobohodo

So we have confirmation this game is fully coop now yeah? Not just roam around the open world doing stuff, but actual main missions coop?

DryvBy

I'm getting GTA V (which I'm certainly excited about trying), Dragon Age: Inquisition, and then this tomorrow. Far Cry 4 will be the first game I'll be loading up. I've been completely excited since I first heard mention of it. Such a good series.

dreamfall

Brilliant OT!

Definitely will be playing this over the holidays, as I've got way too much on the plate for Tuesday. But it looks so great! Hated the story in 3, and absolutely loved 2. Hoping for a blend of the best of those games.

ekim

Easteregg Spoiler (well maybe a bit more than an easteregg, click on your own risk)
There is an alternative ending that can be reached within 15 minutes, very intentionally so

Haven't played this series before either, but looks great and the Pagan Min character pushed it over the top, looking forward to checking this out :D

Top Bottom