• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 5 keyart revealed

Griss

Not feeling that at all. Every piece of Far Cry reveal art has always made me feel "Yes, I want to visit that place and adventure there." Well, with the exception of the shitty Blood Dragon spinoff.

But this... I don't see it. I don't see Montana's landscape being as interesting as tropical islands or Nepalese mountains, and I find the idea of christian fundamentalists as bad guys tiring already and I haven't even seen a trailer yet.

I love Far Cry, though, so I'll continue to give this a chance as they roll out the press materials.

This is the first time I've been interested in a Far Cry game that wasn't subtitled Blood Dragon.

Basically I'm the opposite of this guy.

OldMuffin

Concerning the rumoured subject matter (which is pretty much confirmed looking at them iron crosses) I hope they get down and gritty with this. Also throw some really fucked up choices like that one from the beginning of bioshock infinite and on god this could be quite the eye opener.

I've never been inter dyed in playing a Farcry but I'll be damned if that art doesn't intrigue me. I can already see the controversy brewing.

robotrock

Banned
Kill the faction leaders and unlock new parts of the map so you can kill more faction leaders and eventually see credits

Lunar15

After the past few Far Cry games skewed a bit too close to being overly "exotic", this is probably the right move for the series.

EDIT: I hope that came out correctly - one of my problems with far cry is that they're kinda "hey western hemisphere, here's your entry course into this wacky foreign country and all of it's problems!"

Whelp... my thoughts pretty much confirmed. They made FarCry: Banshee

QNWlnOK.jpg

plus FarCry: Justified

justified_fx.jpg

Alx

I suppose there won't be as much wildlife in this episode ? I mean the previous one had elephants, bears, rhinos and tigers (oh my).

shandy706

Haha, this looks interesting for once.

The only other Far Cry since 2 that I've been interested in was Primal....and I've yet to try it.

Fury451

Banned
This is gonna be good.

Obligatory main villain in the center again though.

Also not seeing how this will be controversial in the US at all, there's nothing here based solely on this picture and the presumed premise you wouldn't find already out there. Hardly the first game, much less tv shows/films that have tackled similar subject matter. Give us Americans a little credit.

Rymuth

Hopefully they treat their charismatic villain right.

Vaas was great but he was no longer a factor past the halfway mark.

Pagan was fantastic but simply having him call you on the phone was just not enough.

Hopefully they find the right balance with this dude.

Top Bottom