• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 5 Trailers: Feb 27, full 2 player co-op, custom lead, map editor, more info

Pastor Jerome's video describes Trump-land.

Woe to the man who leads my flock astray. For if I am not their shepherd then I must be the wolf.

Keasar

Boss★Moogle;238142811 said:
Ghost Recon Wildlands looks as good as the trailers. It's a much nicer looking game than people give it credit for too, especially the lighting.

john-cleese-no.gif

This gives me pause, in that it suggests they'll just be going for a cipher protagonist instead of one with personality. I guess we'll see how it turns out.
Well it's not like when they had protagonists with a personality they actually... gave them a personality. So I'm for it.

shanafan

Have no interest in the rural America setting but willing to see some gameplay before I judge it too much.

Not being biased but I think Australia would have been the perfect setting for a farcry game , deadly animals , remote outback gives you the crazy people setting , but also possibilities for oceans and waterfalls etc I mean look at forza horizon 3 and imagine that as an fps

Maybe farcry 6 :)

Wasn't that similar to the setting of the first 3 Far Cry games?

Bets on massive downgrade on release?

Idk, Far Cry 4 looked amazing at release, and that was 3 yrs ago already. I thought the trailer looked totally like what you could expect at 1440p-ish and all max settings, so 1080/Ti equivalent on PC.

Certainly won't look like that on consoles, but I'd guess that's pretty close to what it'll look like on a decent PC

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Really wish it didn't have a "not all religious people are bad" priest character in there. I'm ready for games to go ahead and start, straight-up, attacking religion and it's utter insanity.

I realize they'd get blowback, but, it'd be worth it.

Otherwise, game looks ballin. I'm in.

Seriously?

Attack people for believing in something you don't? That's a troublesome path to head down.

This gives me pause, in that it suggests they'll just be going for a cipher protagonist instead of one with personality. I guess we'll see how it turns out.

As for the plausibility angle, Far Cry has never really operated in a "normal" world, so cults taking over small towns seems right up there with everything else as part of its heightened reality.

Let's be real, these games don't have a good track record for interesting protagonists.

tilomite!

I was hoping for 2017, but it's not too much later. The trailer was not the most awesome inspiring, but I think it's gonna be pretty fun.

Metal-Geo

Idk, Far Cry 4 looked amazing at release, and that was 3 yrs ago already. I thought the trailer looked totally like what you could expect at 1440p-ish and all max settings, so 1080/Ti equivalent on PC.

Certainly won't look like that on consoles, but I'd guess that's pretty close to what it'll look like on a decent PC

Far Cry 4 maxed out on the PC looked nothing like its gameplay reveal trailer(s). Cue the Crowbat video et al.

This is still Ubi. We're being fed bullshots and tuned up 'in-engine footage' like it's a tradition.

MYeager

Pumped, really enjoyed the character trailers especially Pastor Jerome 'I must be the wolf.'

I like where they're going with the main antagonist as well, he thinks he's the good guy here because the world is going to end and he's just trying to save everyone no matter the cost.

Alebrije

Really wish it didn't have a "not all religious people are bad" priest character in there. I'm ready for games to go ahead and start, straight-up, tackling religion and it's utter insanity.

I realize they'd get blowback, but, it'd be worth it.

Otherwise, game looks ballin. I'm in.

6RXwFaMCU826mOm_Ix629K82w9iufsQyoXPo-jSHz73YdGO8I07GaPDVjaLDJ8ywkO5gQrKXL7ZA2SQI3Ulc0yLhrcYGdCQaExRTmrE=w320-h289-nc

Setting looks good, just hope they change some gameplay elements so the game feels more like a survival experience than a trophy race, but I am afraid UBI wants to follow the GTA road with FC5

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
wow looks like early seasons of Justified, haven't played the last couple of Far Cry's but this has my interest.

megalowho

Pastor Jerome's video describes Trump-land.

Woe to the man who leads my flock astray. For if I am not their shepherd then I must be the wolf.
And yet the game seems to cut that commentary by its knees with the antagonist in question being a clearly deranged doomsday cult doing doomsday cult things. Your NPC allies are the true hard working Americans. There's potential for more religious, racial and political nuance than early promotional materials let on, but outside of the Pastor Jerome video I'm not really feeling that's the vibe they're aiming for.

jdstorm

Banned

As for the plausibility angle, Far Cry has never really operated in a "normal" world, so cults taking over small towns seems right up there with everything else as part of its heightened reality.

That same description could be used to describe Mass Effects Commander Shepard. Having a set character and a character creator shouldnt be much of an issue.

I've never played a Far Cry game before, they never interested me really, but damn - this looks awesome! I love the setting and plot, and the characters in those individual trailers seem pretty hardcore. Getting the option to play the story co-op is also a pretty sweet bonus, I already hit up my best friend and told him that we're getting this day one.

Looking forward to following more news on this title!

Djostikk

Why would they bring the ability to tame pets from Primal? It's kind of silly and doesn't fit the setting at all. Well, I understand the dog, but other animals? Why?

Newlove

Another big hit this year to have PlayStation marketing...I can't think of a third party game attached to Microsoft this year which a bit concerning.

Choomp

Banned
Looks really interesting. I don't know if I'm going to be entertained here gameplay wise so I'm not entirely sold yet..

Whilst I'm getting pretty bored of the sequel factories going on in the industry, I have to admit I like the look of this, I enjoyed FC4.

tci

Weak trailer imo. I like the setting, and I hope the story is better than 4, which was boring.

Waiting until after launch to decide whether or not to get it.

I hope this is good, but it sounds to me like the dev's went to Montana, talked to some local's, got put off by their customs and made a video game exaggerating and vilifying them.
What makes a Far Cry game anyway? The developer in the video (roughly) says "Its something in a story you hear at a bar, that can be realistic." That is so vague, are you telling me your team goes out for drinks and BS's about work? Shocking!
Didn't this franchise used to have a cool map editor, super-powers, hang-gliders and jet skis? Wasn't Far Cry the name of the Project for human mutation? Why do any of these newer games have the Far Cry title if they aren't related?

Top Bottom