• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 5: Welcome to Hope County, Montana teaser videos, full reveal May 26th

oti

Banned
I can totally see why they reveal it before E3. At E3 this would've been "another Far Cry". This way they have more time to flesh out their narrative and they'll have all the podcasts talking about it for a solid week without big competition (presumably).

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Love the teasers, very haunting and dark. My guess is that it will be a mature rated game LULZ.

Please be good.

I... I would be ok if it's something like...

justified-fx-premiere_20110325043645.jpg

Seriously, an Elmore Leonard inspired game is a must buy for me.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Of course you can. It's not the head making the bell sound, it's the force of the head moving the bell so that the clapper strikes against the bell.

I'm not sure if this would work with a huge church bell.

Simo

Wait, focus testing is still a thing in 2017? I thought we all agreed actual customers are the best source of feedback? The "leaked" details come from an apparent focus tester for the game.

Wouldn't a focus tester be an actual customer hence why they do these things? All mediums and markets still use them. Lol

Plus according to that leak what he saw was over a year or so ago.

NotLiquid

So they're doing the Hobo With A Shotgun thing where the location is called "Hope" but it's actually an ironic name and the location is in reality infested with atrocity?

VeeP

Wow. Interesting vibe from the little we know of. I'm really into this whole small town, evil lurking, etc thing. So I'm interested Ubisoft. Hopefully the trailer blows me away.

bombshell

Huh. I went back and found the Great Falls Tribune article about the live action trailer being made and seems they'd edited it since to remove any mention of Hope County and the size of the game as well as the September release comments.

Ubi ninjas got them. Lol

Nope, still there.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/st...rew-poplar-shoot-scenes-video-game/101241072/

However, it's not talking about the size of the game.

Producers couldn’t release the name of the video game but said production areas for it stretched more than 5,000 miles from California to Montana.

The backstory of the video game, which will be released in September, is of a world that takes place in an imaginary location, Guillot said.

Yea, i'm thinking things like flathead lake, some of the resevoirs, and canyons. Montana has a variety of different landscapes.

My guess is that the western part of the map will be Rockies inspired mountains, middle will be prairie with rivers and a lake or two and the east will be badlands.

Stiler

How are they going to fit the "far cry" style of game into this setting?

I mean it's REALLY gonna take you out of the setting if the game plays like Far Cry 3/4.

I hope they actually subdue that kind of gameplay and go for a more realistic take in terms of navigation and use of violence.

Would be REALLY out of place having you go around like the other games.

Hope they model it after say, Justified, in terms of narrative/structure.

Boke1879

I mean it's REALLY gonna take you out of the setting if the game plays like Far Cry 3/4.

I hope they actually subdue that kind of gameplay and go for a more realistic take in terms of navigation and use of violence.

I mean it's no more unrealistic in other games, but I'm sure there will be more modern vehicles and weapons.

But there are some pretty secluded places in American once you get to more rural and open spaces.

kaskade

Glad it's not a western as Red Dead Redemption 2 already has that covered. I really like the idea for this setting good on them for trying something different.

How does being set in America change anything?

Kinyou

I wouldn't be surprised if scales a little back and focuses even more on stealth. After all does horror only really work if you feel underpowered.

Vuze

Could be nice but my expectations are super low. FC4 bored me to death. Primal was pretty damn nice but ultimately too long as well.
Good setting can't make up for awful gameplay / mechanics.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
OléGunner;237682710 said:
Cool teasers. Also glad we're getting gameplay reveal in just a couple days!

it says worldwide reveal not gameplay. I bet we get a lenghty gameplay demonstration at the E3 Ubi press conference.

Alebrije

Think is an actual rural murica and not an old western game, the teaser of the guy running and get shooted show at the far some modern grain storage silos.

Also think this is moving more to RDR undead nightmare and changing traditional Far Cry mechanics. Not saying it will be about zombies , it seems more creepier/ obscure.

Think is an actual rural murica and not an old western game, the teaser of the guy running and get shooted show at the far some modern grain storage silos.

Also think this is moving more to RDR undead nightmare and changing traditional Far Cry mechanics. Not saying it will be about zombies , it seems more creepier/ obscure.
Or the teaser with overhead power lines in it. It's definitely not wild west.

We already know it's modern day Montana.

If there are any zombie types it'll probably something like meth or pill addicts.

Ubi should go all out with how depressing rural/small town life has become.

GavinUK86

Live action trailers are always a bit weird.

Looking forward to some gameplay.

Guess it's set in the modern day and not in the Wild West. Slightly disappointing.

Top Bottom