• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fast Racing Remix announced by Shinen

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Would be a good flagship title for the eShop.

I just wish Nintendo would have talked about this.

Why not have a segment about indies on Switch? Even if not at the reveal event then do it during Treehouse Live.

Feels like a wasted opportunity that Shin'en had to kinda announce this one on their own when people are looking for more games to fill out the Switch lineup.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Will "up-double-dip". Had it on Wii U and it looked/played fantastic. This will be godly! Seriously, though I love F-Zero, as long as we have Shinen doing the "Fast Racing" series and "Redout" by 34BigThings the absence of Zero is at least bearable.

Stopdoor

From what I can tell, the only definite new content is 6 new tracks - the original had 24 including DLC. Otherwise all the numbers seem like the same game, the messaging is vague.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
Shine? Weren't these the guys who said they had 4k/8k textures on Wii U? I imagine on Switch they will have some truly epic visuals.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Kinda wish Shin'en would be open to Nintendo bringing them on as a second party and giving then the F-Zero license

The Art Director, Martin Sauter, was at the NYC Switch event. Super cool guy! He was really enthusiastic about the game. Went out of his way to sit down and explain to my friend who doesn't play video games how everything works.

jmga

What reasons do they have to keep these games exclusive to Nintendo?

I fail to understand why an independent indie developer would want it.

Realeza

Banned

They probably do better in Nintendo consoles. They ported one of their games to PS4, so I wonder how that sold.

psyfi

Banned
I'm definitely picking up either this or Redout. This looks better to me, though. And by better I mean more like F-Zero and less like Wipeout, haha.

GameTrust (GameStop) should knock on their door to get it at retail. They're already releasing Frozenbyte's Has Been Heroes at retail including on Switch, so I don't see why this can't be. :( Granted that would be NA-only as I don't think GameTrust is a thing in EU is it? Maybe AUS since EB Games is there, but I don't know if they release their published games there.

they're Nintendo fans and very small company (5 people?) so haven't really got the resources to port to other consoles and the few (one?) PS4 port they did do sold crap

Oregano

they're Nintendo fans and very small company (5 people?) so haven't really got the resources to port to other consoles and the few (one?) PS4 port they did do sold crap

Not to mention they clearly get VIP treatment from Nintendo. The fact that they are the only indie with a demo station at Switch events says it all.

Not to mention they clearly get VIP treatment from Nintendo. The fact that they are the only indie with a demo station at Switch events says it all.
They were quite a large focus of the Switch reel too, Nintendo would be smart to collaborate with them or fund some projects.

Skyzard

Banned
Btw Redout is also coming to the switch (great futuristic racing game). A shame there aren't analogue triggers on the switch.

jmga

Well, it's not like a PC port would cost so much and they would have far more revenue than releasing only on Nintendo consoles.

Looking at their history, they are like the european Atlus.

Well, it's not like a PC port would cost so much and they would have far more revenue than releasing only on Nintendo consoles.

Some games get more attention for being exclusive and that's certainly been the case with Shin'en titles.

Giolon

Looking at this and their recent Fast Racing titles, why hasn't Nintendo worked with these guys to get a new F-Zero title made?

Sometimes it's not all about the money. They're pretty happy with Nintendo and they have been for over a decade. They tried porting one game to the PS4 and from what I heard got bad returns from it. More than likely they simply like the environment their in and just choose to stick with Nintendo.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Shinen are for Nintendo what Quantic Dream or more or less Insomniac are with Sony.

They like their position, they arent in any hurry to jump ship and are fine with being independent but working with close publishing partners.

Doczu

They probably do better in Nintendo consoles. They ported one of their games to PS4, so I wonder how that sold.
As far as i know it bombed pretty hard. Not that it was a bad game, but the competition on a Sony platform is way bigger and can be a pain in the ass to break out.

Top Bottom