• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FAST RMX / Shovel Knight for Switch launch, no VC at release

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://nintendoeverything.com/nindi...el-knight-for-switch-launch-no-vc-at-release/

The launch of the Nintendo Switch system is rapidly approaching on March 3, and Nintendo can confirm that Nintendo eShop will be ready to go, complete with a lineup of downloadable indie games. To celebrate many of these upcoming “Nindie” creations before launch, Nintendo will host a Nindies Showcase video presentation on Tuesday, Feb. 28, at 9 a.m. PT. Just visit http://live.nintendo.com to watch.

This year, Nintendo eShop will be home to more than 60 indie games, in addition to digital versions of packaged games, DLC and more. Three indies that will launch at the same time as the system on March 3 are:

FAST RMX from Shin’en Multimedia: Challenge your friends to local split-screen competition or take part in online races against players from all over the world. This lightning-fast anti-gravity racer is exclusive to Nintendo Switch.
Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment from Yacht Club Games: The latest DLC for the critically acclaimed hit Shovel Knight is a full-featured game starring Specter Knight, one of the enemies from the original game. The massive campaign includes even more content than the last DLC, Plague of Shadows. Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment is exclusive to Nintendo Switch for a limited time.
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove from Yacht Club Games: For Shovel Knight’s biggest fans, Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove includes the original Shovel Knight game, as well as all previously released DLC – even Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment! Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove will be exclusive to Nintendo Switch for a limited time.

Some additional news about the launch of Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch includes:

People who already have funds in their accounts on other Nintendo devices can access them using a shared wallet that works on Nintendo Switch as well. Once they link their Nintendo Network ID and Nintendo Account and then their Nintendo Account to their Nintendo Switch system, this functionality becomes possible.
Virtual Console games will not be available on Nintendo Switch at launch. We will share more information in the future.
A news feature will offer updates about the latest additions to Nintendo eShop, as well as providing information about upcoming games and other updates from Nintendo.
To access Nintendo eShop, a system update that will be available on launch day is required. The system update downloads in the background, is designed to install quickly and doesn’t disrupt gameplay.

After visiting Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch for the first time, gamers can also purchase Nintendo Switch digital games on Nintendo.com. Users can purchase the games on Nintendo’s website and have them download automatically to their Nintendo Switch system at home or on the go, wherever there is a Wi-Fi connection.

RG0BS1U.gif

Jalen

Neo Member
Happy about Fast RMX being there at launch.

Really wanted VC at launch so I could finally have a Nintendo Retro tablet, but I'll be too busy playing Zelda to care, honestly.

sonto340

Linked wallet is fantastic news.
Hopefully VC is late because they're working on a solution for games you already have but I'm not holding my breath.

Magikoopa24

Neo Member
Not surprising on the VC, but I had hoped at least some games would be ready on launch. Hopefully this means it'll launch improved than if it launched on the third.

In other news, guess who's buying Shovel Knight for the third time.

ggx2ac

Hopefully it means they are making better emulators for VC similar to the NES Mini Classic from N.E.R.D. compared to what the Wii U used for some VC systems.

Literally could not give less of a fuck about VC skipping launch considering they have some work to do on their handling of it anyways and I can play all those games on so many other devices.

I wanna know when Cave Story is gonna be out tho

E-phonk

Banned
Cool for fast & shovel knight, but i hope they clear out the VC situation soon.

Hopefully it's because NERD are busy finalising the improved VC

I always knew it was destiny that I only ever got half way through Shovel Knight when it came out. Can't wait to play through it all.

Not shocked about the VC news. I sincerely hope its out within 6 months and has some spectacular new features.

Zedark

FAST RMX at launch? Awesome, just what I'd hoped! Shame about VC, but I am not shocked seeing as we hadn't heard stuff yet.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yes!

Both will be bought.

Expected the VC news. We went this far without any information, so it seemed clear that they had none to give. Disappointing all the same

jacobeid

Banned
I'm interested in purchasing Fast RMX at launch, but not Shovel Knight because of the lack of d-pad and because I already bought it four times. Do we have a price for Fast RMX?

deadfolk

I'm in for FRMX and a double-dip on Shovel Knight.

Thank the maker it looks like I'll have something other than BotW to play!

mclem

Interesting that they have a short period of exclusivity on Specter of Torment. It won't be particularly significant; I suspect the reasoning was something along the lines of "Well, it's so close to launch *anyway*, can we go a little extra and be officially a launch title?"

shingi70

Banned
I'm okay with this, hopefully the VC is delayed to make deals with Sega and the other third parties that were on the Wii VC.

Top Bottom