• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FAST RMX / Shovel Knight for Switch launch, no VC at release

Goddamn that's a no-brainer

I love how suddenly no one cares about VC and everyone is stoked about Shovel Knight, a game they could play on any other platform. People are bending over so far backwards to justify their purchase.

Actually the new campaign is Switch-exclusive for a month or so. Eat that, negative Nancy!

Can you already buy these games online with you nintendo account? Or do I have to wait until march 3rd?

As far as I know the games are not currently available on the eShop so you cannot buy them, but the same currency that works for the 3DS and Wii U eShop will work for the Switch, so if you have any amount on your wallet, you can use it for Switch.

"First of all we were able to drop all the tricks that we needed to make FAST Racing Neo run at 60fps at all. So the image quality of FAST RMX is much higher then FAST Racing Neo. We also improved the rendering resolution from 720p to 1080p. We also took this chance to create a complete new user interface to make better use of the higher resolution." this is great to hear.

Plum

That pricing's amazing, definitely puts it in a "must buy" zone for me.

Zelda, 1-2-Switch, Fast RMX, Snipperclips & one of the Tomorrow Corporation games sounds like a pretty damn good launch.

Stopdoor

I think they're implying you can do splitscreen + online (and consequently LAN) in that article? The wording is a little weird, hope so, 8 people between 2 Switches is my dream.

TDLink

Port, remix, same thing. They threw the DLC too but anything else?

It's all the DLC plus more new tracks beyond that, yes. You're getting a lot more content with this version for the same price you originally paid for the original version 2 years ago.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Damn, well I guess I am gonna spend more on launch day than I thought. Of course there's no VC launch day though. Obviously Zelda pushed up this launch further than Nintendo was ready for.

Any impressions yet on the Joy-Con split d-pad?

Nothing substantial so far which is a shame as I'm eager to be proven wrong should it be in any way useable.
Pooling my Wii and 3DS VC libraries onto one (portable) device is certainly one of the things I'm most excited about with Switch but, preferring to play handheld, the lack of a D-Pad is a massive issue.
Fingers crossed the patented Joy Con with D-Pad (and hopefully analogue triggers) actually releases...

maxcriden

GameXplain talked about it in a follow-up video after their hands-on with the developers. I don't have a link pulled up but it's a recent video. Not ideal.

Thank you. Yeah, I am staying away from YT entirely so I don't get spoiled on Zelda (media blackout since 12/1/16 for me). I'm curious if it is something you get used to over time, but...yeah, the way the buttons are placed/shaped makes me skeptical unfortunately. I do really like the split d-pad of the PS2 controller, though.

Nothing substantial so far which is a shame as I'm eager to be proven wrong should it be in any way useable.
Pooling my Wii and 3DS VC libraries onto one (portable) device is certainly one of the things I'm most excited about with Switch but, preferring to play handheld, the lack of a D-Pad is a massive issue.
Fingers crossed the patented Joy Con with D-Pad (and hopefully analogue triggers) actually releases...

Thanks, and I hear ya on that, JSC. On the bright side, even if the J-C with d-pad doesn't release (and I really think it will) surely someone will release a third-party one sometime soon. Unless, third-parties can't sell Joy-Cons, hmm...wonder what the patent dealio is there. As to VC I am hoping everything Wii U and 3DS comes over to Switch...especially stuff like DS VC that would work best in a portrait HH mode....

Does Nintendo do weekly/monthly/seasonal digital sales on the eShop like XBL and PSN?

Might seem like a silly question, but I skipped Wii U and only own physical on Gamecube/Wii.

I'm taking a wait n see on any digital purchases to make sure they improved the shitty account system, but assuming that goes smoothly I'm excited to check out some classic VC titles...especially if they actually have VC GCN. The idea of that has me more hyped than just about anything other than BoTW.

Does Nintendo do weekly/monthly/seasonal digital sales on the eShop like XBL and PSN?

Might seem like a silly question, but I skipped Wii U and only own physical on Gamecube/Wii.

I'm taking a wait n see on any digital purchases to make sure they improved the shitty account system, but assuming that goes smoothly I'm excited to check out some classic VC titles...especially if they actually have VC GCN. The idea of that has me more hyped than just about anything other than BoTW.

Yeah eShop gets sales quite frequently, there was also a pretty awesome 3DS and Wii U Humble Bundle once so hopefully that happens again.

Port, remix, same thing. They threw the DLC too but anything else?

It is more of a remaster. Here is a list of improvements:

- rebuilt the game from the ground up to improve fidelity

- increased the resolution from faux720P60 to dynamic1080P60 in single player and 2-player split screen modes

- increased fps from 30 to 60 in 4-player split screen mode

- improved rendering effects

- rebalanced the difficulty

- revamped the menu system

- added more content

- added local multiplayer support

- added HD Rumble support

Top Bottom