• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FAST RMX / Shovel Knight for Switch launch, no VC at release

Shiggy

Physical release of Shovel Knight likely after everything's finished according to their Twitter account. The team also confirmed on Twitter that there's no cross-buy or upgrade available on Switch if you own the Wii U or 3DS version. Don't know why they only support cross-buy on Playstation platforms.

Oregano

Physical release of Shovel Knight likely after everything's finished according to their Twitter account. The team also confirmed on Twitter that there's no cross-buy or upgrade available on Switch if you own the Wii U or 3DS version. Don't know why they only support cross-buy on Playstation platforms.

Yeah, regardless of Switch policies crossbuy is fully supported on 3DS/Wii U but most developers don't bother. It's kind of a piss take tbh.

maxcriden

Yeah, regardless of Switch policies crossbuy is fully supported on 3DS/Wii U but most developers don't bother. It's kind of a piss take tbh.

Agreed when it comes to Wii U/3DS crossbuy but do we know if Switch crossbuy with either of those systems is possible?

Oregano

Agreed when it comes to Wii U/3DS crossbuy but do we know if Switch crossbuy with either of those systems is possible?

Nothing has been said either way but considering 3DS/Wii U games are recorded on your Nintendo Account I don't why not. Hell 3DS didn't even have NNID and they still managed it!

Nothing has been said either way but considering 3DS/Wii U games are recorded on your Nintendo Account I don't why not. Hell 3DS didn't even have NNID and they still managed it!

Yeah, I mean the money on your 3DS/Wii U transfers, so in theory I'm sure purchases could.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I don't really care about VC at this point.

I'm happy FAST RMX comes at launch, I really need more games to better justify my purchase.

deadfolk

So the Tomorrow Corp. games are delayed, huh? Wow, this launch is sure a rollercoaster ride!

I hope all the prices are revealed during the stream. I need to know how much money to hold back (or eShop credit to buy) when I go to pick up my Switch.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Another question, what does the Shovel Knight Amiibo do on the Switch since co-op is built in?

It's been a while since I learned this, so I could be wrong...but I'm pretty sure the amiibo on Wii U and 3DS also stored a custom Shovel Knight that gained abilities over time (through a progression system of some kind). I really don't remember the details and how it differed from a regulat Shovel Knight, but I believe it offered functionality that was separate from the co-op mode.

Now, will this remain an amiibo exclusive? I don't know. Will the amiibo get new functionality? I don't know that either.

So the Tomorrow Corp. games are delayed, huh? Wow, this launch is sure a rollercoaster ride!

Good point. I wouldn't be surprised if they were delayed, since the developers were recently talking about trying to add co-op modes to all the games. If it's not releasing on launch day, I don't think it'll slip out of March.

Too bad about the VC but if they keep adding more games to launch, I won't be complaining. I wonder if those indies will make it to launch in Japan.

At least we know Snipperclips will launch in Japan for ¥1800 :D Will probably launch in other countries as well.

Too bad about the VC but if they keep adding more games to launch, I won't be complaining. I wonder if those indies will make it to launch in Japan.

At least we know Snipperclips will launch in Japan for ¥1800 :D Will probably launch in other countries as well.
Snipperclips is €19.99 and a launch title according o NintenDaan's Twitter, this might be worthy of a new thread.

deadfolk

Would be amazing if Snipperclips was at launch.

That would be a big part (With SN and FRMX) of elevating this launch from one of the worst to actually pretty good.

KtSlime

Bummed that Shovel Knight won't be launching in Japan on the eShop. Hopefully it comes out soon, I really want to try Spector of Torment.

The full Shovel Knight for $25 on Switch seems like a pretty bad deal when you can get it on sale for $10 on a variety of platforms right now.

Now Fast RMX: that seems way better than the Wii U version. I'm honestly a little salty that they're not gonna go back to the Wii U version and at least patch in the rebalancing, better AI, and toned-down rubberbanding.

Dominator

Yesssssss FAST RMX at launch. I'll get Shovel Knight on a sale since I've bought it twice before now, but excited to play that on Switch as well.

Flandy

The full Shovel Knight for $25 on Switch seems like a pretty bad deal when you can get it on sale for $10 on a variety of platforms right now.

Now Fast RMX: that seems way better than the Wii U version. I'm honestly a little salty that they're not gonna go back to the Wii U version and at least patch in the rebalancing, better AI, and toned-down rubberbanding.
Hopefully there's a launch discount because I'd feel like an idiot buying it at launch when it's on sale for $10 even on Wii U

TDLink

There's a lot more content in the game than when it first launched. I don't have a problem "paying for it again" considering that. Additionally, Specter of Torment is Switch exclusive for like a month so anyone who buys it for $10 on another platform will have to wait until April while people who buy it for $25 on Switch will be able to play it right away.

Het_Nkik

I've bought one of the few crossbuy Nintendo games (Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars) and all it does is generate out a download code on your receipt for you to put into the other system you didn't buy the game on.

It doesn't actually tell the other system you bought the game in any capacity.

deadfolk

Fast rmx? I guess it's either 19.99 or 24.99. I just hope it's 19.99

Yeah me too. Either way, it's a no-brainer for me. Skipped it on Wii U, and it looks amazing on Switch.

My lineup is now:
BoTW (Obv)
Snipperclips
Fast RMX
Shovel Knight
I am Setsuna (depending on price)

If anything else is announced, I may juggle that list. SK is a double-dip as I already have it on the 3DS, so although painful that may be the first casualty.

Glass Joe

Sweet I'll likely get Fast at launch to go alongside Zelda. Good for them to get it out launch day, where it has a better chance of being recognized and before everyone goes to Mario Kart.

Bummer about VC but I'm holding out hope that it'll have the same discount program as Wii to Wii U, except this time with the excuse that they've added online features (borders and trophies would be nice too, just sayin).

VC isn't essential Day 1 but it better be soon, once the droughts start getting severe it'd be nice to have that to fall back on.

Oregano

I've bought one of the few crossbuy Nintendo games (Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars) and all it does is generate out a download code on your receipt for you to put into the other system you didn't buy the game on.

It doesn't actually tell the other system you bought the game in any capacity.

There's other games that do it the other way. There was a bit of a stink about it because if you buy crossbuy games on the Wii U every linked NNID gets the 3Ds version for free.

I love how suddenly no one cares about VC and everyone is stoked about Shovel Knight, a game they could play on any other platform. People are bending over so far backwards to justify their purchase.

Thoraxes

I love how suddenly no one cares about VC and everyone is stoked about Shovel Knight, a game they could play on any other platform. People are bending over so far backwards to justify their purchase.

Well, it's the first platform to get the Specter of Torment content (other platforms have been mentioned for April in their latest update). That in itself is pretty exciting.

Fast RMX would be an easy purchase for me if I had not already bought and played the Wii U game. I may pick it up eventually but not Day 1.

Now Shovel Knight... that's a game I've been waiting to dive into for quite a while now, so that's an easy pick up for me.

I'd take exciting and (relatively) new indie games over NES/SNES re-releases any day. Wii U and 3DS VC was a joke. If Nintendo is taking their time to do VC right and in the meantime supporting indie developers, then they can take all the time they need imo.

ryechu

Well, it's the first platform to get the Specter of Torment content (other platforms have been mentioned for April in their latest update). That in itself is pretty exciting.

I also sold my psvita, and dont want to play shovel knight on a screen as small as the 3ds. So I'm excited to be able to do one of the 9 playthroughs necessary to get all the feats when on the go.

Haines

Banned
I watched a video of fast and just seems average at best.

I was considering shovel knight but with no real dpad for potable mode might have to pass on that as well

Xdrive05

$20 US? I'm fucking there minute 1.

Actually a decent piece of software to "show off what the Switch can do," so to speak.

Zelda will be the awesome AAA game running on Switch, but technically it will leave a sour taste in the mouths of folks used to PS4bone games. RMX will at least show similarly competent performance while docked, and then wow in handheld mode.

How much is Fast RMX? My job's pop up blocking won't allow me to load the site.

But glad that we are getting more games at launch announced, especially one week away. Snipperclips/Snake Pass/ Shovel Knight ($10 version) will retail together the same as 1-2-Switch, so I might decide on one over the other come Friday.

Top Bottom