• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FAST RMX / Shovel Knight for Switch launch, no VC at release

If they can get Sega consoles, Neo Geo, Gamecube it will be worth the wait

Neo Geo is already confirmed via the Arcade Classics but that's technically not part of the VC.

I don't get why they can't just have a comprehensive VC service FFS. They were on the right track with the Wii but have dropped the ball so hard since then

I do wonder how many times they can get away with getting people to rebuy the same game digitally. Each time with the excuse of WELL THIS IS IMPROVED SO YOU GOTTA GIVE US SOME CASH! This time they'll chuck in some online leaderboards or something and that will be the reason.

I'm their core market, hardcore Nintendo fan, I spent heeeaps on the Wii VC, loved it! Wii U and 3DS one though I didn't get anywhere near as many. Obviously the selection was no where near as good but also the price just isn't 'sure why not?' range.

They need Sega and the others back (fully) on board too, I wanna see MS, MD, MCD, 32X etc! Why not? :D

The other systems were a huge appeal of the awesome Wii VC and really help flesh out the drip feed releases.

Well just got an answer from YachtClub

@GameOnGreggy There is no upgrade promotion. However, Specter of Torment is available at a lower price if you want to play the latest.

SO there's no upgrade promo for SK from say my 3DS purchase to Switch.

everytime your avatar pops up all I can think of is this :)

200_s.gif

JMY86

No VC at launch is a surprise to no one. They should have waited to launch the Switch it is not nearly ready IMO. I'm still on the fence about this damn thing, I decided yesterday to keep my preorder now I'm waffling again...

Pinky

Banned
I'll have Zelda at launch, but I want to snag Bomberman, FAST RMX and Shovel Knight shortly after. Zelda will keep me busy for a long while.

Not having Virtual Console at launch seems inexcusable to me. It could be a sign they are preparing to present it in a new way (subscription perhaps). It just sucks because the delay means the games I want will take that much longer to get on the service.

Randomizer

Nice more things to play at launch. Fast Racing was one of the only Wii U exclusives I have yet to play. I have only played through Shovel Knights main campaign so I have all the DLC to play through too.

sugarless

Just Specter of Torment is $10. Treasure Trove is $25 and includes everything that has been released thus far, Including Specter of Torment (and the upcoming King Knight campaign).

Source: http://yachtclubgames.com/2017/02/specter-of-torment-and-treasure-trove-initial-release-date/

I forgot about King Knight! I have Shovel Knight on Wii U so I was thinking I'd just get Specter of Torment on Switch, but if you consider that King Knight's campaign would make it $20 separately anyway, I might as well get Treasure Trove. Well played, Yacht Club Games!

Just Specter of Torment is $10. Treasure Trove is $25 and includes everything that has been released thus far, Including Specter of Torment (and the upcoming King Knight campaign).

Source: http://yachtclubgames.com/2017/02/specter-of-torment-and-treasure-trove-initial-release-date/
Thanks for info. Didn't know they had posted that. Great deal for $25 for all three campaigns and coop goodness (assuming coop can be played one player per joycon, its a great day one deal).

Well, the money that was going to go to the VC is gonna go to Spectre of Torment instead it looks like. I just hope we get the VC before summer instead of having to wait until paid online goes live in the fall.

Haines

Banned
Im ok with vc coming later if its done better than the wiiu trickle bullshit.

I will probably nab at least shovel knight on first sale.

Not having Virtual Console at launch seems inexcusable to me. It could be a sign they are preparing to present it in a new way (subscription perhaps). It just sucks because the delay means the games I want will take that much longer to get on the service.

It wasn't at 3DS or Wii U launch either and other than Miiverse there was no difference with them.

I don't see how it's inexcusable. There's only ever been one console in history that has launched with VC or VC games (The Wii). So where this standard has come from I don't know.

Nintendo have never claimed to have VC up on day 1 so don't understand the issue.

Wonderful, I was hoping shovel knight would be close to launch, day 1 is as close as you can get

I'm now excited about getting my switch

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
The Virtual Console didn't make the Wii U or 3DS launch, not sure why anyone thought it'd be there at the Switch launch.

I'll probably stick to my Wii U and 3DS copies of Shovel Knight for now. Hopefully a retail Switch release is in the cards later on. I didn't give the first FAST release enough love on my Wii U, so I'll probably try to do that first.

The Big N

Banned
I don't see how it's inexcusable. There's only ever been one console in history that has launched with VC or VC games (The Wii). So where this standard has come from I don't know.

Nintendo have never claimed to have VC up on day 1 so don't understand the issue.
Its the haters who never bought a console at launch. Even the PS4 and Xbox One had limited features at launch along with a small library of games. I think it took me over a year to even consider buying either console due to a lack of a system seller (for me) and the amount of ports and remasters each console got.

Cool, I'll probably pick up Shovel Knight and play it finally. Anyone know if it is also getting a physical release?

http://yachtclubgames.com/2017/02/specter-of-torment-and-treasure-trove-initial-release-date/
It appears to just be a digital release at launch. I was also hoping for a physical copy (due to the limited internal storage). However, Yacht Club Games said they only finished development last week so its pretty amazing they have it ready to go for launch.

$10 for Specter of Torment
$25 for Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (includes everything)

So, the lack of VC at launch...does this hurt Laura Kate Dale's credibility even more? It seems like all these things she claimed to know are falling apart the more we find out about the system.

Phoenixus

So, the lack of VC at launch...does this hurt Laura Kate Dale's credibility even more? It seems like all these things she claimed to know are falling apart the more we find out about the system.

Was it her that said people would be disappointed with the VC lineup at launch? None certainly qualifies. :p

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Not having VC at launch only would be inexcusable if they had shown a bunch of VC games while marketing the system or said that VC would be ready for launch.

None of this happened. Same as GAF expecting a sub 200 dollar price because of rumors and being shocked when reality hits.

Top Bottom