• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fatal Frame: Nuregarasu no Miko has Ayane from DOA series as a playable character

Raiho

Neo Member
Well reading the description, it seems that the reason Ayane is there because she attempted suicide, which makes much more sense for her than Kasumi, since she isn't portrayed as that dark (well if you just avoid thinking about killing 1000 ninjas during gameplay in Razor's Edge). The only other person it would make sense would be Momiji, since she is a shrine maiden and exorcising spirits comes with the territory with that job.

Another thought is, how do ghosts even catch her? Part of the difficulty in Fatal Frame games is that these girls run with that slow exaggerated girly gait, but Ayane flips around and runs off walls. I hope her run animation isn't like the other girls, even if they tone her down a lot.

I might be misreading your post, but Ayane doesn't attempt suicide in this game. The person she is perusing, Tsumugi Katashina, is the one that attempted suicide. I can understand it being confusing because Tsumugi and Ayane have very similar childhoods in the story.

It appears Ayane won't be using her awesome ninja mobility because she's injured at the beginning of her story.

I might be misreading your post, but Ayane doesn't attempt suicide in this game. The person she is perusing, Tsumugi Katashina, is the one that attempted suicide. I can understand it being confusing because Tsumugi and Ayane have very similar childhoods in the story.

It appears Ayane won't be using her awesome ninja mobility because she's injured at the beginning of her story.

Yea I just read that wrong, because right above it names the new character. You would think a ninja would carry an elixir or two, since they are suppose to be prepared, she is suppose to regenerate health out of combat anyways!

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I didnt know I wanted this but upon deep meditation yes the DOA girls are perfect for survival horror.

Raiho

Neo Member
Yea I just read that wrong, because right above it names the new character. You would think a ninja would carry an elixir or two, since they are suppose to be prepared, she is suppose to regenerate health out of combat anyways!

She's sporting some funky tattoos on her back in this game. She might be cursed or something of the sort. :p

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Seems like DOA and Ninja Gaiden is everywhere these days! Not that i'm complaining. But yeah some people have said Ayane should be killing those fucking ghosts instead of running away and i agree. She's killed demons and man alike, why should she run from a damn ghost? Its like Ryu running from a dumbass ghost instead of doing some Ninja shit and destroying the thing.

Also..does that mean the main characters in this game will be in DOA5 for PS4? :D

sleepykyo

Ayane comes from Team Ninja's Hayashi, who requested she be in the game. Everyone came up with ideas and decided not to make it a standard bonus, but make a proper episode out of it. You get to enjoy sneaking around, with a different weapon. Since it's DoA, they've naturally made sure to bring out her beauty and sexiness. They spent a lot of time adjusting things like the wobble of her chest. Team Ninja gave them lots of advice.

So Ayane is poochie and Hayashi is Homer?

Wow, that's really weird. And they picked one of the worst DOA characters (IMO) to boot. Oh well.

Can't believe it's out in 2 days in Japan!

SerTapTap

Some of the things said in that interview are just off-putting. I understand they're just guys having fun, but sheesh.

It's pretty weird, hope it doesn't affect game design too much. I recall finding the Gothic Lolita outfit a bit strange in Fatal Frame 2, but it was rather tame and quite difficult to unlock and didn't have any real impact on the game.

Mesharey

Seems like DOA and Ninja Gaiden is everywhere these days! Not that i'm complaining. But yeah some people have said Ayane should be killing those fucking ghosts instead of running away and i agree. She's killed demons and man alike, why should she run from a damn ghost? Its like Ryu running from a dumbass ghost instead of doing some Ninja shit and destroying the thing.

Also..does that mean the main characters in this game will be in DOA5 for PS4? :D
She seems to be hurt or something, there's something on her back.

Dantis

Eurgh. Not impressed with this.

Also, Kikuchi is a bit of a creep. I wish they'd leave Shibata to just do his own thing, though I think the games would be a bit more mad if they did.

raven777

screenshots

l_5424f231a4ea475z37.jpg

l_5424f217a0bc6vmxj9.jpg

l_5424f23088e6aqsl0w.jpg

l_5424f22ce8595ofy04.jpg

more at famitsu

TheMoon

Isn't it optional ?

Yes, post-game bonus episode. I wish people would actually read the thing.

You're not gonna be running around the place, all immersed in the story and suddenly go "ayo! ayane! whattup, beeyatch! sho me dem tittays! and run from my ghosts! woo!"

I don't see why this stuff has to sour people on the main game.

Top Bottom