• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

If nothing else, I appreciate Carnival Phantasm because nowadays if you do a Google image search for "smug red man" the first result is
2WHg228j.jpg

Strimei

You either have exceptional taste and like Rin, or poor taste and dislike Rin. There is neither "and" nor "or".

Tell me, good sir. Which side of the coin do you fall on?

What if you think she's good but someone else is better?

Arturia for days

Sorry Sakura but I dislike the cooking and senpaisenpaisenpai

edit: That said, Rin-Ishtar I very much like.

chrono01

What if you think she's good but someone else is better?

Arturia for days

Sorry Sakura but I dislike the cooking and senpaisenpaisenpai

edit: That said, Rin-Ishtar I very much like.
We will accept the "she's good" opinion. As long as you do not outright hate her (Haly, I'm looking at you) then there is hope for you still.

chrono01

Good side actually, I do like her, it just surprised me that Rin had fans here.

Also, Saber is forever and thus, far superior.
To not know the glory of Rin is to live an unfulfilled life. I am glad to see you've been enlightened, as you walk the righteous path.

(Saber is cool too.)

Strimei

We will accept the "she's good" opinion. As long as you do not outright hate her (Haly, I'm looking at you) then there is hope for you still.

Works for me!

Also I do expect to go broke rolling for Rin-Ishtar in the future, so yeah I do like her, heh.

aitakute

Astolfo best girl

I did think he was a girl when I first played fgo and called him cute. All my friends made fun of me for that.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's funny when I think of everyone being a big happy family back in Chaldea HQ eating dango but she's still ded.

Articalys

I've entered the dullest cycle for 5AP.

Front line: Lancelot w/Imaginary Element, Jeanne w/Moonlight Fest, support Waver w/Moonlight Fest
Back line: whoever the hell I want to slowly gain Bond points w/Automaton x 2 and Beginning of the Journey

1st turn: Waver ATK+ skill, kill everything
2nd turn: Kill everything
3rd turn: Waver Crit+ skill on Lancelot, machine gun

Then the game trolls me by giving me three gold dango drops so I'm barely more efficient than doing 30AP runs.

Rinse and repeat.

chrono01

I was thinking of Altria/Arturia when I typed that. I meant King of Heroes.

Damn it, brain! Do what I tell you to do!

IS it worth spending 500 dangos for that CE? How much do you have to play to make it back? lol
It's definitely worth it. The 2,000 one is...debateable, but keep in mind when the event re-runs later on we'll be able to use these CE again, so even the 2,000 one might be worth it.

Might be.

Absolutely grab the 500 one, though. It helps out on the farming so much.

I'm working towards the 2000 one. Its decent stat-wise and should barely pay itself back this event and I'll profit during the reruns. 5 AP is irritating since I would love a CE drop, but the gold chests are usually (not so) rare dangos.

As for Rin vs Arturia, wasn't the canon UBW ending
both?

chrono01

I'm working towards the 2000 one. Its decent stat-wise and should barely pay itself back this event and I'll profit during the reruns. 5 AP is irritating since I would love a CE drop, but the gold chests are usually (not so) rare dangos.

As for Rin vs Arturia, wasn't the canon UBW ending
both?
Yeah, I actually just purchased the second event CE for 2k now. With more than four days remaining, I'm sure it'll earn me back close to what I spent, and I'll have it to use in the re-run. I figured the early I get it, the better. Definitely not grabbing the 5k one, though, way too expensive for it to be worth it.

Now I'm just going to grind for the rest of the items!

Deadly

I actually just got the event CE as a drop. Seems kinda too late to start attempting to buy the 2nd one in the shop for a 3rd one though

Kenai

It's hard to farm this event during Gencon. I haven't been letting my stamina cap but I have been doing 30 to save time.

Also been debating uncapping Emiya to 80. If I do that though no 90 Waver til Nobu event. Hmmmm

Bought out all the monuments, and now I just have the pieces left. I'm getting more hopeful I'll make the extra 2000 I need to buy all of the Fou cards.

Quonny

Bought out all the monuments and pieces, and now I just have the Fous left. I am 100% sure I'll make the extra 2000 I need to buy all of the Fou cards.

Bought out all the monuments and pieces, and now I just have the Fous left. I am 100% sure I'll make the extra 2000 I need to buy all of the Fou cards.

Now you have enough assassin pieces/monuments to ascend Carmilla in shame after you fail to summon Jack.

Nice avatar btw.

Slashlen

I got a CE from a drop, makes all the dango math look a lot better, even with all the red chests.

This event feels like it's completely backwards. I'm grinding the easiest fight instead of the hardest, and I'm crossing my fingers that I don't get the best type of chest.

elty

I think I am definitely doing something wrong. I just bought the first CE yesterday, and I only have 650 dango now after converting all the rare ones. I have not bought a single other stuff.

I was already using +100% friend with the 30AP, and +3 friend with the 5AP..... I never spend a AP outside of the event either. I have no idea how you guys can afford clearing the shop/buying second CE already.

chrono01

I think I am definitely doing something wrong. I just bought the first CE yesterday, and I only have 650 dango now after converting all the rare ones. I have not bought a single other stuff.

I was already using +100% friend with the 30AP, and +3 friend with the 5AP..... I never spend a AP outside of the event either. I have no idea how you guys can afford clearing the shop/buying second CE already.
Are you using the CE that grants +1 dango on the rest of your Party Support? It's not much, but it does add up. I'm not sure if you have more than the one copy though, as you need to get your second/third/whatever via the FP gacha on premium gacha. I lucked myself into four copies, so I can run 2x event CE (that grants +3 dango per sun) as well as the rest of the party with the +1 dango. Well, I do keep the +FP on my Mash, but other than that.

Other than that, 650 dango does seem low, even if you got abnormally unlucky with getting red chests instead of silver. If you're only interested in the dango, definitely stick with the 5AP and +3 dango friends, never run the 30AP unless you're filled with baths or really need the hearts.

Baalzebup

The problem with extra mooncells is that it is entirely RNG based. I've done about 35 10-pulls in the FP gacha since the start of the event and haven't gotten even a single extra mooncell.

chrono01

The problem with extra mooncells is that it is entirely RNG based. I've done about 35 10-pulls in the FP gacha since the start of the event and haven't gotten even a single extra mooncell.
Yeah, I got one of them from the FP gacha. I got two from the premium gacha, when I used a few tickets trying for more event CE, and I got the single one everyone gets for completing the story quests. If you don't get the additional ones though, it can definitely make grinding the dango a bit more difficult, but should still be doable even with the +1 and +3 CE everyone gets (+1 from the story quest and +3 for the 500 dango CE), just have to be vigilant about it. There's also the hope you can get another Moonlight Fest as a drop, but I haven't seen one yet. :(

5AP runs make the grinding feel so much worse, though.

elty

Well I only have the free +1 CE and only recently bought the +3 CE. I sunk about 5 ticket and 40K FP for nothing. So every run gives me +7.

1 hour = 12 AP
1 day = 288 AP = 57.6 Run of 5AP

If you buy 2000 dango CE, then on average it gives about +6 per run (assume a drop rate of 2 rare 1 normal). This means the expected rate of return is 345.6 dango per day of owning the second piece. Doesn't seems worth it when the event only has 4 days left.

Actually, at this rate I won't even have enough dango to clear the shop nevermind the 2K CE.

57.6 run x 16 dango x 4 = ~3700 dangos. All pieces, Monument and fou = 6000 dangos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom