• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
https://webview.fate-go.us/2017/0824_maintenance_notice/

Thank you for playing "Fate/Grand Order."
The following is a message from the administrative team.

"Fate/Grand Order" will undergo routine maintenance during the period specified below.

Note that the game cannot be accessed during the maintenance period.

Please be sure to finish any quests or battles you may be engaged in before the maintenance begins.
*Any quests or battles still in progress once the maintenance period begins may be unable to be completed or their rewards may be lost.

Upon completion of the maintenance period, the game may run slower for a short period of time due to increased data usage on the server from the downloading of update files or other reasons.
We ask that you try to download all necessary files once the maintenance is completed.
Furthermore, it is recommended that you download the files while you are connected to a Wi-Fi network.

- Date & Time
08-24 04:00 - 07:30 UTC
* Please note that the maintenance period is only an approximation and may conclude slightly before or after the scheduled time.

Updates:
1. [Limited Time] "Does Moon Goddess Dream of Dumplings?" ends
2. Orion's voice adds.

Bug Fixes:
1. The following Daily Quests are offering incorrect rewards.
 * The affected quests are:
 - MON: Enter the Treasure Vault - Novice, Intermediate and Advanced
 - WED: Enter the Treasure Vault - Novice, Intermediate and Advanced
 - SAT: Enter the Treasure Vault - Novice, Intermediate and Advanced
2. Some voicelists are not displayed correctly in the Spirit Origin List for a certain Servant.
 * The affected Servant is:
 - Nero Claudius

Improvement of the Game:
1. Improvement of translation

As an apology to all of our players affected by the bugs listed above, we would like to offer the following in-game bonus.
Applies to:
All users playing “Fate/Grand Order” as at 2017-08-24 03:59 UTC

Details:
- Saint Quartz x4

Distribution Method:
Gift Box

Distribution Period:
2017-08-24 07:30 - 2018-01-31 23:59 UTC

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Strimei

Hm wonder what the incorrect rewards are then. Never really noticed.

And I'm always down for apologems.

There's some FGO thing at that convention Crunchyroll has, so I expect we'll get our next announcement there. Seems that they really are syncing it up to cons, so far heh.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I hope we get more congems on top of apologems.

5PgeuoX.gif

There was no maintenance for starting or ending Nerofest.

This maintenance should be setting up as-yet-unannounced content for the coming weeks, then.

I finally managed to finish the Moonlight Goddess event. If she's actually Artemis herself, why does her card still dubs her "Orion"? Somehow this really bugs me and keeps me awake (not really).

Caim

I finally managed to finish the Moonlight Goddess event. If she's actually Artemis herself, why does her card still dubs her "Orion"? Somehow this really bugs me and keeps me awake (not really).

From the wiki:

"Artemis was summoned while having Orion as an accessory. Correction, it is the opposite. Upon summoning Orion, a hero of Greek Mythology, for some reason the goddess Artemis also came along. To make matters worse, Orion completely changed into a strange creature (mascot character) that cannot be defined as either a person or a beast."

Orion still counts as a male servant in-game.

Holy Shroud of Magdalene is effective in the 40AP Orion fight.

Much, much later, Orion will also count as a male figure from Greek mythology. This is a status that the game will track for... reasons.

chrono01

Happy for those free maintenance SQ!

In-regards to the Orion event, I cleared out the shop today. The only things remain are the EXP cards (won't bother), the 5k CE, and the QP. What a grind, though.

Slashlen

I'm down to xp cards and ass pieces(already have 35 of them, getting 55 isn't exactly a priority). I think I'd rather just farm hearts, at least until I get one.

sonicmj1

The story for this event was actually a lot of fun. Hopefully the translation can meet the level they've set here going forward. Time makes a big difference.

I'm also glad to hear that this will be the last time we have to grind a 5 AP mission for an event. Trying to empty 125 AP that way was torture. Once I got all the pieces and monuments, I switched to the 30 AP mission and haven't looked back. I should be able to clear out half the Fuus before things end.

I just got THREE heart drops in a row. For a total of five so far from the event. Holy shit.

So that's where my hearts went...

And since I got no hearts, and I remembered just how awful normal farming is, I got back to dumpling farming, and am now 1000 away from the 5000 CE.

Please help.

From the wiki:

"Artemis was summoned while having Orion as an accessory. Correction, it is the opposite. Upon summoning Orion, a hero of Greek Mythology, for some reason the goddess Artemis also came along. To make matters worse, Orion completely changed into a strange creature (mascot character) that cannot be defined as either a person or a beast."

Much, much later, Orion will also count as a male figure from Greek mythology. This is a status that the game will track for... reasons.

Huh, I see. In that case, that's kinda not fair for Orion to be sidelined in his own card with Artemis front and center like that. I mean, until now, I didn't even realize that there's a bear there...

It should be something more like this:

EDIT:

Anyway, is there actually a way to go back to the battlefield screen thingie once you've pressed the big "Attack" button? I've made this blunder so many times.

Articalys

To make this just a little less enigmatic for anyone wondering, while still not giving it entirely away: much like Boudica has a skill that gives her extra attack against enemies with the already-somewhat-specific "Roman" trait, there will eventually be a Servant who has a skill that grants extra attack against the even-more-specific trait of "Males from Greek Mythology" (of which Herc is obviously also a member). For the rest of the details, stick around for a long while.

Adeptrain

Hey, so I haven't really played this game in three weeks now (other than logging in and stuff) and realized that my account is just sitting around. I just....don't play it anymore. So, I'd like to give it to someone who really enjoys the series and game, but whose luck trying to drawn a 5* has been terrible :)

The account has:

Gilgamesh lvl 54, Altera lvl 53, Vlad lvl 50, and Jeanne lvl 61

Also has these 4*:

Alt Saber
Emiya
Atalante
Marie
Stheno
Heracles
Tamamo

Also, a bunch of 3* and a bunch of various C.E.'s.

Anyway, Just PM if you want the account and help me transfer it (I've never transferred an account before ;o)

Edit: Account given away :) If the person doesn't pick it up by the weekend, I'll try to give it away again :)

I've bought out the pieces, monuments, and Fous. I'm done. I'm free. I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'll probably just run the 30 AP a few times on the last day and call it an event. Thank Baby Jesus that DW realized what they did wrong with this event and never made 5 AP grindfest the optimal route in an event ever again.

Articalys

I've bought out the pieces, monuments, and Fous. I'm done. I'm free. I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'll probably just run the 30 AP a few times on the last day and call it an event. Thank Baby Jesus that DW realized what they did wrong with this event and never made 5 AP grindfest the optimal route in an event ever again.
Well, at least it means those of us without a servant that would normally get picked as a support can pick up lots of FP for a bit...

Laiza

I would get d'Eon picked a whole lot more often if there were just more reason to take a dedicated tank with you.

Alas, the damage output of dailies is just nowhere near high or threatening enough to get people to buckle. Oh, well. At least I have Altera. Too bad I don't have enough monuments or dragon scales to get her to a high enough level to matter. (Grumble grumble, mutter mutter...)

aitakute

Got 5 CE dropped while grinding mats for part 1 of the event.
Almost finished grinding mats for part 2 (only coin left) and not a single CE has dropped yet.
What the heck?

Kieli

Hey, so I haven't really played this game in three weeks now (other than logging in and stuff) and realized that my account is just sitting around. I just....don't play it anymore. So, I'd like to give it to someone who really enjoys the series and game, but whose luck trying to drawn a 5* has been terrible :)

The account has:

Also has these 4*:

Alt Saber
Emiya
Atalante
Marie
Stheno
Heracles
Tamamo

Anyway, Just PM if you want the account and help me transfer it (I've never transferred an account before ;o)

Dayum, you got some insane luck!

chrono01

I was one of those crazy starting people who re-rolled till I got two 5* :p
It took a couple of days to start...and now I've already gotten bored...sigh. All that time wasted!!!!
Sorry you lost interest, that's a pretty nice account you have there. :(

Nice to see you give it away here, though. I hope it finds a good home!

Adeptrain

Sorry you lost interest, that's a pretty nice account you have there. :(

Nice to see you give it away here, though. I hope it finds a good home!

Me too!! I hope the person enjoys it.

Heh...actually...I seem to be just trading one game for another :p Quitting this one and trying out Naruto cause of you actually :p Your passion for the game got to me!

chrono01

Me too!! I hope the person enjoys it.

Heh...actually...I seem to be just trading one game for another :p Quitting this one and trying out Naruto cause of you actually :p Your passion for the game got to me!
Naruto is some decent fun, and now is definitely a great time to start. It's not my favorite gacha game, but they have been steadily improving the game over the last couple of months to make it less of a grind (as well as add new mechanics for gameplay).

It's great to see the numbers of the players grow though, so I welcome you! I do hope you enjoy your stay. If you need any particular advice or whatever, ask in the OT and I'll try to help you out.

Slashlen

Finally got the heart I needed. Emiya maxed, just about out of xp cards. Now to finish 5AP grinding and be done with the event.

Cleaned out the shop:

Silver XP Cards
Gold XP Cards
Fous
Monuments
Pieces
the 500 CE

No hope of getting another 2000 for the next CE before the end of the event, so I went back to the daily grind.

mfw everyone on my friends list still has MoonFest CEs equipped T_T

On another note, I took a peek at the January event (Saber Wars). The last encounter is a boss with 3.3 million HP.

D:

We have 4 months to build teams that can fight that.

alpha69

The account has:

Also has these 4*:

Alt Saber
Emiya
Atalante
Marie
Stheno
Heracles
Tamamo

Edit: Account given away :) If the person doesn't pick it up by the weekend, I'll try to give it away again :)
Damn that's my 5 star dream team right there. Too bad I missed it, would love to have it. If it's not picked up yet by weekend give it to me :)

Mupod

Hm, apparently they have a localization panel on Saturday. Okeanos release date? Another 20 quartz? More ultra cringe translator guy?

JP FGO sounds like it's having some emergency maintenance due to some people losing all thir CEs but I dunno how much of that is fearmongering/trolling. NA has had pretty stable servers, obviously it's got a lot fewer players though.

Quonny

Hm, apparently they have a localization panel on Saturday. Okeanos release date? Another 20 quartz? More ultra cringe translator guy?

JP FGO sounds like it's having some emergency maintenance due to some people losing all thir CEs but I dunno how much of that is fearmongering/trolling. NA has had pretty stable servers, obviously it's got a lot fewer players though.

This is a guarantee.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Okay, I'm throwing in the towel for now. FGO will go into the log in once a day camp to get log-in rewards and I'll check back in in a few months when things pick up.

I did get all the monuments from the dumpling challenge tho!

RSchmitz

Okay, I'm throwing in the towel for now. FGO will go into the log in once a day camp to get log-in rewards and I'll check back in in a few months when things pick up.

I did get all the monuments from the dumpling challenge tho!

Please remember to change your berserker CE to kaleido before vanishing.
Thx.

Pejo

Did one more ticket on the banner, not really sure what I was hoping for, and got Saber Alter, cool!

Now I have Altria, Altria (Alter), and Altera for the saber slot. I already have Altera ready for the last Ascension as soon as I get some saber monuments, which out of the other two are better? I seem to remember reading that Alter's NP was better for waveclear.

Done with farming, got all monuments, pieces, and ATK Fou. Could probably have gotten HP fou as well but sick of werewolves.

Out of curiosity, would you prefer that NA stay behind JP schedule or catch up such that we get simultaneous events? On one hand we get previews of whats upcoming and can plan accordingly. On the other hand, feels like everyone knows who's good and bad and things end up kind of samey. E.g reroll for Waver, Pick Herc for 4*, Don't roll for Orion cause Archuria is awesome. Save for XXX whos coming in YYY.

Playing another gatcha game that had a sudden jump to JP content. Once we got over the initial power spike, things become much more fun. All the events are new. I still hoarded the quartz equivalent but am much more willing to use them on banners that looked interesting since i have no idea how much they will be power creeped by if at all.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Woo, another heart drop finally. Need 1 more for Emiya final ascension! Had used the heart rewards earlier for Herc ascension.

Cruziao

Neo Member
Got Moonlight Fest drop 15 hours before the event ends. This troll of a game smh -_-a
Anyway almost done with the grinding yay, slaughtering werewolf for the past week really take its toll on my sanity... what a bad civilization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom