• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

I took the lazy way out and only did 30AP for almost the entire event. The only double-drops CE on my friends list was on Pejo's Gilgamesh and oh man did he ever get put through his paces.

I didn't quite clear out rider and assassin monuments, but I have more than I'll need for a long time. And 5 hearts sure beats whatever other crap is in that shop, since I still need to max out Emiya and Tamamo Cat. Real Tamamo will need em too.

Did one more ticket on the banner, not really sure what I was hoping for, and got Saber Alter, cool!

Now I have Altria, Altria (Alter), and Altera for the saber slot. I already have Altera ready for the last Ascension as soon as I get some saber monuments, which out of the other two are better? I seem to remember reading that Alter's NP was better for waveclear.

You got Saber Alter from the event banner? I thought that wasn't even possible because Saber Alter is normally locked to the story summon. If she is actually in the event banner, that would be a huge game-changer for how we all plan our rolls.

And definitely put Alter in the saber slot. Excalibur Morgan is the best AoE saber NP in terms of damage right now. Plus she's just rarer than the others (which should be due to it being theoretically impossible to get her from event banners...)

Got Moonlight Fest drop 15 hours before the event ends. This troll of a game smh -_-a
Anyway almost done with the grinding yay, slaughtering werewolf for the past week really take its toll on my sanity... what a bad civilization.

Which ones have a possibility of dropping the CE?

Pejo

I took the lazy way out and only did 30AP for almost the entire event. The only double-drops CE on my friends list was on Pejo's Gilgamesh and oh man did he ever get put through his paces.

I didn't quite clear out rider and assassin monuments, but I have more than I'll need for a long time. And 5 hearts sure beats whatever other crap is in that shop, since I still need to max out Emiya and Tamamo Cat. Real Tamamo will need em too.

Glad you got some use out of him! I just finished maxing out his ATK fous, now just need a few more reverse dragon scales to get him to 90

You got Saber Alter from the event banner? I thought that wasn't even possible because Saber Alter is normally locked to the story summon. If she is actually in the event banner, that would be a huge game-changer for how we all plan our rolls.

And definitely put Alter in the saber slot. Excalibur Morgan is the best AoE saber NP in terms of damage right now. Plus she's just rarer than the others (which should be due to it being theoretically impossible to get her from event banners...)

Yea i was thrown off by this as well because I didn't think it could happen either. Maybe I accidentally pulled on the story banner, but I'm fairly sure I remember Orion being in the corner on the screen when I hit summon...

Regardless, thanks for the info, I'll put Altria on hold and start working on Alter.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
30AP. It's the one with the Demon fight.

Drop rate is ass, though. So be warned.

It would be fine if the demon gold drop wasn't split with a friggin gold EXP card alongside the heart. Those are easy to get in the EXP dailies, why even make it a rare drop?

Got all the Pieces and Monuments. All I need is more Void Dust and my boy Emiya will be fully Ascended.

I think I will actually start my Fate franchise journey with one of the anime. I'm going to track down the Grand Order tie in, and then either Zero or Unlimited Blade Works. Which one, FateGAF?

XiaNaphryz

I think I will actually start my Fate franchise journey with one of the anime. I'm going to track down the Grand Order tie in, and then either Zero or Unlimited Blade Works. Which one, FateGAF?

Carnival Phantasm. Ignore the rest. Maybe watch Zero. :D

Well, I cleared all the shop but the HP Fous and the expensive CEs. I'm now grinding the 10 AP for 4 Dragon Teeth I need to Ascend Atalanta and then... I need more Serpent things.

I got a Bath CE from a ticket but... it's not useful at all at 10 or 5 AP.

I think Zero is a better start. Chronologically, it plays before Unlimited Blade Works (Stay Night) and, while not required to understand the story, sets up the story and setting of Fate. But if you want to watch it in order of release, Unlimited Blade Works is based on the second route of the VN, which was the first Fate related story.
I don't think you can go wrong with either anyway, if you're interested in the world of Fate (and the Nasuverse), you'll end up watching both anyway.

Watch Irisviel Consultation Room after Zero, and Carnival Phantasm after both Unlimited Blade Works and Zero.

Got all the Pieces and Monuments. All I need is more Void Dust and my boy Emiya will be fully Ascended.

I've watched all of them except Fate/Kaleid. The only one I really really didn't like was the Studio Deen UBW movie.

On top of Fate Zero being very popular and a good starting point (being the prequel), it's actually a big deal for understanding the backstory of several servants in the game right now.

And early next year there should be a major, story-heavy event that also serves as a follow-up to Fate Zero. It will probably not make sense at all without that background.

On top of Fate Zero being very popular and a good starting point (being the prequel), it's actually a big deal for understanding the backstory of several servants in the game right now.

And early next year there should be a major, story-heavy event that also serves as a follow-up to Fate Zero. It will probably not make sense at all without that background.

Ooooh I can't wait!

At the end of the event, should I buy the 2000 dango CE or those Attack up items?

Buy the CE if you're going to max limit break the CE or if you somehow have a team build that really needs another crit up CE.

Buy the Fou if you have a powerhouse attacker that could use more attack power.

I think the second applies to a lot more people than the first.

Ah ok I'll make sure I don't combine mine until at least the next event if it's confirmed mlb alters it.

On another matter anyone have tips on how to clear the 40ap?

I did it once on another account but i had to use the seals to revive and I don't have 3 seals right now.

Pejo

Ah ok I'll make sure I don't combine mine until at least the next event if it's confirmed mlb alters it.

On another matter anyone have tips on how to clear the 40ap?

I did it once on another account but i had to use the seals to revive and I don't have 3 seals right now.

It's going to be tougher now that a lot of good support units are going to have event CEs instead of better ones. Without knowing your team setup and without seals, it's probably best to find a level 90 Jeanne and take a Cu towards the end of your party setup so he comes in last and just try to outlast Orion. Put your best wave clear NPs in first with Kaleido or NP boosting CEs and try to just wipe out early waves as quickly as possible.

I'd set someone up if I had a Jeanne or Waver, but Gil or Vlad probably won't be as valuable in the friend slot.

It's going to be tougher now that a lot of good support units are going to have event CEs instead of better ones. Without knowing your team setup and without seals, it's probably best to find a level 90 Jeanne and take a Cu towards the end of your party setup so he comes in last and just try to outlast Orion. Put your best wave clear NPs in first with Kaleido or NP boosting CEs and try to just wipe out early waves as quickly as possible.

I'd set someone up if I had a Jeanne or Waver, but Gil or Vlad probably won't be as valuable in the friend slot.

Ah ok thanks for the tip! I will try!

EDarkness

Was it worth doing the event stuff? It was so repetitive and just not all that fun. Mobs are like damage sponges and take forever to kill. Stuff takes hundreds of buns to get anything, too. I ended up just getting some characters leveled and easily ran out of the 1 million units of current this game uses as money. I had to build that back up, too.

Just curious, I want to Ascend Emiya again, but it says I need some stone things to do it. I only have one of them, though. Anyone know where I can get them? Same with whatever they're using as money in this game. Where is the easiest place to get it?

Sorry for the thousand questions. Been going at this game blind for a long time now.

XiaNaphryz

Aniplex has a Madoka Grand Order game now......lol.

Lad53vp.jpg

tvErmzQ.jpg

Pejo

Was it worth doing the event stuff? It was so repetitive and just not all that fun. Mobs are like damage sponges and take forever to kill. Stuff takes hundreds of buns to get anything, too. I ended up just getting some characters leveled and easily ran out of the 1 million units of current this game uses as money. I had to build that back up, too.

Just curious, I want to Ascend Emiya again, but it says I need some stone things to do it. I only have one of them, though. Anyone know where I can get them? Same with whatever they're using as money in this game. Where is the easiest place to get it?

Sorry for the thousand questions. Been going at this game blind for a long time now.

For most of the day 1 players, the event gave us something to actually do besides grind the dailies. You should at least try to clear all the stages once for the rewards, even if you don't farm it. As for ascension materials, go here and click the NA tab to find what you need.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...qx4CeJMqlz687HdSlYqiW-JvQA/htmlview?sle=true#

For money, do the highest level daily quest you can complete for the Treasure Vault series. Once you are capable of doing the 40AP one, you get millions of the currency really easily.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
In other news I've been pretty lucky on hearts. Like 4 in the last 2 days. Hoping for one or two more before midnight.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Both Cleo and Jeanne are magical girls.

Ruler Jeanne and Magical Girl Jeanne crossover when?

Kenai

Maybe they'll have a Prisma Illya crossover event lol

I would actually be interested if
they used the pre-witch magical girls from the show as characters too
, that would add a lot of characters. But that'd also perhaps be a ton of original content to do for a gacha so I dunno.

Laiza

I knew there were spin-off manga for the Meguca franchise, but I didn't realize there were so many of them...

I need to do a bit of catching up, methinks.

I knew there were spin-off manga for the Meguca franchise, but I didn't realize there were so many of them...

I need to do a bit of catching up, methinks.

Madoka is my #1 favorite anime. I've read all of the spinoffs, have most of the artbooks (Even the $400 ones), etc.

There are 7 main spinoff stories. 3 are failed timelines from the main series and just use the same characters.

The other 4 introduce maybe 20 - 25 new girls with most of them coming from Kazumi Magica. I was looking over the Madoka Magica gacha game announcement a couple of days ago and only recognized 2 of the 'new' girls they showed. Both were from Oriko Magica.

So they're definitely just making a lot up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom