• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpha69

Used today's free summon ticket. Got what I wanted finally!

wytVrLA.png

Guess rate-up isn't a lie sometimes :)

Quonny

Willing to bet nothing this week and Okeanos next week.

They should at least tell us this week if this is the case so we have something concrete to look forward to.

Sciel

I just did Siegfried's Interlude.

The final boss (
Fafnir
) dropped a gold chest!

dat delicious 4* exp card. Business as usual, wtb scales.

I played someway into Orleans Singularity, and the story is... actually better than I anticipated. I kept my expectation low, honestly, but the plot is interesting enough and the characters are lovable enough that I can positively get into it.

At the same time, though, I keep wishing that this is actually a full-blown RPG so I could explore and talk to NPCs and stuff to get more sense of the world and narrative build-up. Some more characters moments wouldn't hurt either.

Or maybe it's a good thing the character moments are as brief as they are because I've already gotten kinda attached to them that
when Mozart says he wishes Marie and him could get summoned together again I got this urge to splurge just to get Marie...

In other news, I knew it! The weird hat is sentient, after all!

(the translation in general feels rather wonky. A shame, that)

What I fear has come. This happened. Today's ultra hard challenge quest is Arash. With 5m HP and his NP cannot be blocked. He can revive 3 times with 2.1m HP. He also can't be stunned.

Hm... so how do you do that? Sounds interesting as hell, but if he can spam his NP...

---

I'm missing 4 Caster Monuments to ascend Medea to max. It's been like that for three weeks now, and every time I get Waver to appear, he drops pieces instead of monuments.

Is there any event in which we can get Caster Monuments on the horizon? I also need Feathers and Claws to max ascend Artemis, but I understand there's a farm spot in Okeanos for the former and I can farm for Claws on Fridays for the latter.

I played someway into Orleans Singularity, and the story is... actually better than I anticipated. I kept my expectation low, honestly, but the plot is interesting enough and the characters are lovable enough that I can positively get into it.

At the same time, though, I keep wishing that this is actually a full-blown RPG so I could explore and talk to NPCs and stuff to get more sense of the world and narrative build-up. Some more characters moments wouldn't hurt either.

Or maybe it's a good thing the character moments are as brief as they are because I've already gotten kinda attached to them that
when Mozart says he wishes Marie and him could get summoned together again I got this urge to splurge just to get Marie...

In other news, I knew it! The weird hat is sentient, after all!

(the translation in general feels rather wonky. A shame, that)

Just... don't get your hopes up for Septem.

According to other sites he will only cast Guts one more time after his automatic 3 run out, as a sort of Kaizo trap.

So basically, survive 5 Stellas.

Ala Alba

He can also use guts at will after using all of his initial three. And also he just used NP without any charge after that too. I don't know how to beat him yet.

According to other sites he will only cast Guts one more time after his automatic 3 run out, as a sort of Kaizo trap.

So basically, survive 5 Stellas.

Yep, pretty easy with Irisviel. Otherwise, you stack Defense buffs with Mash and a friend Waver until you hit 100%.

Bond 10 Herc has 4 guts and 1 evade, doesn't he?

Technically that survives exactly 5 Stellas but other attacks also have to be factored in.

Is there any event in which we can get Caster Monuments on the horizon? I also need Feathers and Claws to max ascend Artemis, but I understand there's a farm spot in Okeanos for the former and I can farm for Claws on Fridays for the latter.

Halloween will have monuments for the 4 classes not covered by Moon Goddess. Saber, lancer, caster, berserker.

Pejo

Destiny 2's been taking all my time lately, but I did get lucky the other day on Jeanne rate-up and picked her up. My list of "to level" characters is ridiculous right now. All this half AP stuff and out of all of it, I got 1 Rider, 2 Caster, and a single Zerker monument. Thanks game.

Though I did get a single snake orb thing too, which was unexpected.

We need a fucking event badly in this game.

Quonny

im so bored im even watching pointless youtube channels explaining systems and servants i already know everything about

Used up my remaining 15 tickets in hopes for Vlad but no luck. Maybe I'll get lucky and get him during the new years gacha. I really like his design.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kind of want to drop all my tix (9?) on waver banner...

All tix gone, no Waver.

HOLY SHIT i dropped my final 30 prism and the fucking last card out of the ten was Waver!!!! Seeing that rainbow color during the animation I was sure it was gonna be some crap CE.

I feel content now with my stable of 5*s of Jeanne, Gil, Vlad, Altera, and Waver.

HOLY SHIT i dropped my final 30 prism and the fucking last card out of the ten was Waver!!!! Seeing that rainbow color during the animation I was sure it was gonna be some crap CE.

I feel content now with my stable of 5*s of Jeanne, Gil, Vlad, Altera, and Waver.

That is some good luck, congrats.

The rainbow orbs spinning means it's definitely a 5* servant, I think? It's just that it might be a 5* servant even without rainbow orbs.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
TFW I can roll two 2% rolls in Warframe back to back but not a single 2% roll in FGO out of 15 rolls.

Kenai

...you probably have one of the best 5* lineups on GAF right there. I thought I was hot sh*t with 3 >.>

...you probably have one of the best 5* lineups on GAF right there. I thought I was hot sh*t with 3 >.>

Looking at all the cool characters coming down the pipeline I'm sure that won't last long even if true. Plus it's just about having your favorite characters from the anime to play with!

Also doesn't help that i only have 80 points and can't even use more than two of them at once. -_-

Would anyone be interested in my backup account?

Notable Servants:
Gil
Jeanne
Siegfried
Elizabeth Bathory
Hercules
Tamamo Cat

CEs:
Heavens Feel
2x Limited/Zero Over
Moonlight Fest
Formal Craft
and a lot of other 4 star CEs

PM me if you want it and I'll send you over the transfer info.

I just rolled a bunch of servants that doubled my dragon fang needs to over 60. Plus I need to seriously stock on on crystals and lanterns.

Yeah, let's have some 1/2 AP free quests.

chrono01

I really don't understand why this game is moving so slow content-wise. There's SO much backlog they can work through, and while I'm sure they'd like to keep things on-track to sync up with the Japanese version when it was released, there's no reason they couldn't go faster than they are. We're actually moving slower, from what I can see, but I could be wrong on that.

I love the game, and won't be dropping it due to the slow pace (since I have other gacha games to occupy me while I wait), I can see a lot of people getting frustrated and just moving on. I'd hate to see this game die for a reason like that (not that it will, as the IP is popular enough to keep it afloat, even with a few players leaving).

I wish I could make use of the 1/2 AP Free Quests, I already completed them all. :(

OVDRobo

There's not really much more to add to what's already been said, but it looks like we have another disappointing week of content.

I'm sick to death of grinding daily quests for EXP cards to convert to mana prisms or pretending that I actually have a chance of getting a single material drop in even a full AP bar.

Even as a fan of the franchise I'm having trouble maintaining any interest and there's not even any servants worth pulling for currently. I'll keep logging in so if they ever get a move on with content I've not missed out on tons of resources, but the game is tedium exemplified currently. This content release schedule just can't hang with the improvements that have been brought to gacha in the last couple of years that are displayed in so many other games and if they stick to it for the sake of parity then the game deserves to fail.

Sciel

I really don't understand why this game is moving so slow content-wise. There's SO much backlog they can work through, and while I'm sure they'd like to keep things on-track to sync up with the Japanese version when it was released, there's no reason they couldn't go faster than they are. We're actually moving slower, from what I can see, but I could be wrong on that.

I love the game, and won't be dropping it due to the slow pace (since I have other gacha games to occupy me while I wait), I can see a lot of people getting frustrated and just moving on. I'd hate to see this game die for a reason like that (not that it will, as the IP is popular enough to keep it afloat, even with a few players leaving).

I wish I could make use of the 1/2 AP Free Quests, I already completed them all. :(
Didn't recognise you at first due to that display picture lol.

Well they supposedly want us to "experience" the game like players in FGO JP have. That probably includes gaps in content, following content order like for like and so on. That's just setting up the game to fail in this gacha market tbh. I rather be overwhelmed with content that being drip-fed miniscule amount of content.

I wonder if the NA team has a say in this or is it strictly a directive from the overlords over in JP.
There's not really much more to add to what's already been said, but it looks like we have another disappointing week of content.

I'm sick to death of grinding daily quests for EXP cards to convert to mana prisms or pretending that I actually have a chance of getting a single material drop in even a full AP bar.

Even as a fan of the franchise I'm having trouble maintaining any interest and there's not even any servants worth pulling for currently. I'll keep logging in so if they ever get a move on with content I've not missed out on tons of resources, but the game is tedium exemplified currently. This content release schedule just can't hang with the improvements that have been brought to gacha in the last couple of years that are displayed in so many other games and if they stick to it for the sake of parity then the game deserves to fail.
*high five* my interest in this wanes by the day. If I wasn't a huge sucker for the franchise I would probably have quit over a month ago.

chrono01

Didn't recognise you at first due to that display picture lol.

Well they supposedly want us to "experience" the game like players in FGO JP have. That probably includes gaps in content, following content order like for like and so on. That's just setting up the game to fail in this gacha market tbh. I rather be overwhelmed with content that being drip-fed miniscule amount of content.

I wonder if the NA team has a say in this or is it strictly a directive from the overlords over in JP.

*high five* my interest in this wanes by the day. If I wasn't a huge sucker for the franchise I would probably have quit over a month ago.
I like to switch out my profile picture on occasion, but I'm sure 2B will eventually make a return. :)

Yeah, I'm sure the reasoning behind them releasing the content is as you say (to keep things in-sync with the way they were in the JP release), but I can't see that working out well in Global. In the Japanese version, you didn't really have anything to compare it to, since that particular version was leading the way. With the Global release however, we have the JP version to reference, and while it's not fair to expect us to get massive amounts of content at once (it does take a while to translate, and I'm sure they won't want us catching up with the Japanese version), I do think we could be moving a bit faster then we are. These constant breaks in-between events/story content are especially frustrating for us, since we know the potential content. It could very well be a DelightWorks issue and out of Aniplex's hands, that's entirely possible.

Whatever the reason, I do share the frustration of many, but I'll stick with this game until the bitter end, as I love the IP and it's enjoyable to me. I'll just designate the new few weeks to more material/Mana Prism farming, and hope the next update is the one many of us are waiting for.

Moonlight

Banned
Definitely hanging by a thread here. Still interested in sticking with it, especially since I've been fortunate enough to draw two 5*s, but I didn't expect how fast fatigue would hit me with half AP farming, and another week of nothing to do sounds miserable. Not even half as aggressive about making sure I'm being AP efficient.

Sort of ironic after how desperate I was to get back into the game when it was keeping me out, lol.

T-Rex.

Banned
I'm not bothered with them taking their time as long as the translation is good. The first 3 story chapters were all over the place quality wise, whereas Moon Fest was excellent. I'm only playing for the story and the waifus characters anyway so the downtime doesn't bother me all that much.

Of course if they take the piss and the translation is still bad then that's a different matter..

Articalys

I'm not bothered with them taking their time as long as the translation is good. The first 3 story chapters were all over the place quality wise, whereas Moon Fest was excellent. I'm only playing for the story and the waifus characters anyway so the downtime doesn't bother me all that much.

Of course if they take the piss and the translation is still bad then that's a different matter..
They still haven't fixed most of the existing mistakes, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom