• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sciel

Sure, but the example you used was FEH and wasn't that free pick a one time thing as well? So pretty much the same thing as FGO. And currency wise we've gotten how many free quartz and tickets since launch?

I mean it's not perfect, but I don't really see how FGO is any less generous than the other gacha games out there, especially when unlike some of the others it's entirely possible to clear the content as a F2P player. I won't defend the 1% or whatever it is rate, but we all know it's garbage lol.
The equivalent of that free pick in FGO would be like DW suddenly going "Hey guys, you can pick one of Merlin, Wave, Jeanne Alter or Gil for free".

I suppose you are right about the quantity of free quartz and tickets. But then again, i feel the value of these are somewhat diminished due to the nature of the game's gacha.

Zanzura

Another level, another friend slot opened up, and apparently someone removed me. Sent a request to Kenai and Moonlight. Same IGN as here.

Dezner

Any idea if we might get a Septum banner down the road soon after the Fuyuki one? I'm going to try and abstain from using quartz or tickets to summon so I can get me some Nero someday!

Also, I've still never really figured out the Rate-Up thing. So, if a servant on the right side of the screen during a particular day is shown, you can get an even higher rate somehow that isn't mentioned in the details section? What's the actual percentage then? o_o

Sciel

Any idea if we might get a Septum banner down the road soon after the Fuyuki one? I'm going to try and abstain from using quartz or tickets to summon so I can get me some Nero someday!

Also, I've still never really figured out the Rate-Up thing. So, if a servant on the right side of the screen during a particular day is shown, you can get an even higher rate somehow that isn't mentioned in the details section? What's the actual percentage then? o_o
The rate to get a 5* doesn't change, its still 1%. But if you actually hit that 1% to get a 5* then there is a ~70% chance that it is the servant featured on the banner,

Nero already was on rate up during Nero Fest. The next time she's on rate up will probably be during the Saber Wars event which should arrive around January. She will share the 4* spot with Saber Alter though.
You could also wait until Valentines when limited 5* Nero Bride will be on rate up.

Sciel

2 Stamina bars + 1 Apple and i still haven't gotten the last monument i needed.

c897609383.jpg

Why.

Sciel

I only get one caster monument per 24 hours of AP. Still need 5 more so will be done in 5 weeks!
I'm assuming that Caster monuments have the lowest drop chance since there are no 4* Casters in the daily quest.
Think the highest is Silver? (Shadow Caster Cu) who does drop monuments.....once in a blue moon.

5 weeks? That's still sooner than when Okeanos will be out (j/k prob next week) !

elty

It is just the desire sensor. Back then when I need piece Waver does not even appear at all.

Now I need monument, Waver appears a lot more often except she always drop piece.

I am debating to use all the AP for it, or save some for monster hunting since I also need one more feather.

Thanks guys.

And yea she is great. I love that special ability/move of hers

I love that they even took the stuff she says while doing the move right from the fate apocrypha. Best waifu.

On another note I've gone down the google list and tried to add everyone but it seems like a lot of people's lists are already full. If anyone wants to add me my code is 430,942,449.

Pejo

Gold Member
Man, Jeanne hasn't given me a single super succ since I got her. Leveling her up has been a pain since I'm trying to mainly grind monuments and drops right now with the half AP.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm assuming that Caster monuments have the lowest drop chance since there are no 4* Casters in the daily quest.
Think the highest is Silver? (Shadow Caster Cu) who does drop monuments.....once in a blue moon.

I still seem to get more Caster monuments than Berserker. I have yet to get any of those today.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
14 runs
0 Caster monuments, out of 2 Waver encounters
2 Berserker monuments, out of 3 Kintoki encounters

First time farming dailies in a while. Could have been worse, I guess.

Laiza

It literally took me at least a thousand AP to finally get the 4(!!) berserker monuments I needed to ascend Kiyohime to stage 3.

And now I need another 8 monuments and 14 dragon fangs.

Can it be Halloween already? I'd rather just do the events for these things. This is too much.

I'm confused.

My Jeanne is at NP3. When I activate the NP at the bottom it even says NP lvl 3 100%. According to cirnopedia it should be restoring 2k HP per turn but I'm still only getting 1k healed per turn. What gives?

Articalys

I'm confused.

My Jeanne is at NP3. When I activate the NP at the bottom it even says NP lvl 3 100%. According to cirnopedia it should be restoring 2k HP per turn but I'm still only getting 1k healed per turn. What gives?
Cirnopedia's layout for NP effects can be less intuitive to read sometimes; Wikia's is a bit clearer in this case.

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Jeanne_d'Arc#Noble_Phantasm

For Jeanne's NP the DEF buff scales by level and the HP restore scales by charge.

I'm confused.

NP level and overcharge level are different. Each NP has effects based on level (guaranteed) and effects based on overcharge level (only if you charge NP to that level).

Jeanne will only restore 2000 HP per turn if you charge NP to 300%. Filling the NP bar each time gives 100%, and if you manage to chain multiple NPs then later NPs in the chain also gain overcharge.

Cirnopedia's layout for NP effects can be less intuitive to read sometimes; Wikia's is a bit clearer in this case.

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Jeanne_d'Arc#Noble_Phantasm

For Jeanne's NP the DEF buff scales by level and the HP restore scales by charge.

NP level and overcharge level are different. Each NP has effects based on level (guaranteed) and effects based on overcharge level (only if you charge NP to that level).

Jeanne will only restore 2000 HP per turn if you charge NP to 300%. Filling the NP bar each time gives 100%, and if you manage to chain multiple NPs then later NPs in the chain also gain overcharge.

Ooooh that's how it works.

Hmmmm combining dupes seems not that great then no? I can barely get a guy to 100% NP before a fight ends. The only way I ever get more than 100% is when I chain and it seems like you can do that even if the servant only has NP1?

I guess a benefit is if you have combined three dupes together for NP3 you could technically get 500% if you chain it with two NPs coming before it?

Oh and of course the slightly higher def bonus in the case of Jeanne like you mentioned Articalys.

EDIT: OOOOOH ok I get it now after looking at some different characters. I didn't understand before that there was a scaling benefit with the NP level and then a separate scaling benefit for percentage accumulation.

Ooooh that's how it works.

Hmmmm combining dupes seems not that great then no? I can barely get a guy to 100% NP before a fight ends. The only way I ever get more than 100% is when I chain and it seems like you can do that even if the servant only has NP1?

You can always overcharge an NP by chaining NPs, but the NP level effect is important too. Most of the time you're leveling up NP damage by combining dupes.

Also, you can't reach overcharge 500% until you have NP5. The 300% level of the NP gauge does not unlock until then.

You can always overcharge an NP by chaining NPs, but the NP level effect is important too. Most of the time you're leveling up NP damage by combining dupes.

Also, you can't reach overcharge 500% until you have NP5. The 300% level of the NP gauge does not unlock until then.

Oooh I see. I thought each level would give you another 100%.

B.O.O.M

I love that they even took the stuff she says while doing the move right from the fate apocrypha. Best waifu.

On another note I've gone down the google list and tried to add everyone but it seems like a lot of people's lists are already full. If anyone wants to add me my code is 430,942,449.

man I still haven't seen Apocrypha. Hmm waiting for Netflix to drop it is becoming a bit harder now

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Got a few more feathers just right before maintenance hit. I wasn't getting dick last week farming for them, it's like the game showed some last second mercy.

chrono01

One 10-roll and 8 tickets, finally got my first Kaleidoscope!
Congrats!

Meanwhile, I use 8 tickets and only got a Heaven's Feel out of it (and a couple 3* Servants). I pulled just 'cause I wanted to try for a Kaleidoscope (don't have one yet) as well as OG Saber. Didn't get either.

Oh well, saving actual SQ for a couple Jack pulls, but I honestly might wait for Jeanne Alter. I'll do the guaranteed summons though, whenever/if they happen. The rest will be ticket pulls.

Congrats!

Meanwhile, I use 8 tickets and only got a Heaven's Feel out of it (and a couple 3* Servants). I pulled just 'cause I wanted to try for a Kaleidoscope (don't have one yet) as well as OG Saber. Didn't get either.

Oh well, saving actual SQ for a couple Jack pulls, but I honestly might wait for Jeanne Alter. I'll do the guaranteed summons though, whenever/if they happen. The rest will be ticket pulls.

Kaleidoscope is not on rate up during the Fuyuki Banner. The CEs on the banner picture are just for flavor. CEs are only on rate up if the campaign description explicitly mentions it. For example Black Grail was on rate up during the Kintoki banner and Fragments of 2030 will be on rate up during the Scathach banner.

chrono01

Kaleidoscope is not on rate up during the Fuyuki Banner. The CEs on the banner picture are just for flavor. CEs are only on rate up if the campaign description explicitly mentions it. For example Black Grail was on rate up during the Kintoki banner and Fragments of 2030 will be on rate up during the Scathach banner.
WHAT!? That's false advertising! :(

Damn it. Oh well, at least it was only 8 tickets (and not SQ) and I did get a 5* CE out of it (although it wasn't the one I wanted).

elty

So any place that has a high AP cost (7 or above?) that has good drop rate of something? I will go crazy if I keep farming those 3-4 AP quest..

Finally got enough Caster Monuments to final ascend Medea! Now I need Claws and Plumes for Artemis, and... other stuff for Heracles.

And I need to find a Lancer and a Saber that I like for my team.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I finished most of the free quest stuff a while back. Guess I'll use all these pieces I've not been using and ascend some folks I haven't done interludes for.

Pejo

Gold Member
Jeeze, Saber Alter is a beast with her NP. She out-damages my NP2 lv.80 Altera at level 50, with less buffs. Kinda funny considering normal Saber Altria is probably the worst 5* servant right now, and she's 5*.

I'm not sure I have the patience to farm half price FQs, so I'm just going to keep on working on leveling my servants with XP cards. Do we get a 1/2 XP daily period of this "event" or nah?

Jeeze, Saber Alter is a beast with her NP. She out-damages my NP2 lv.80 Altera at level 50, with less buffs. Kinda funny considering normal Saber Altria is probably the worst 5* servant right now, and she's 5*.

I'm not sure I have the patience to farm half price FQs, so I'm just going to keep on working on leveling my servants with XP cards. Do we get a 1/2 XP daily period of this "event" or nah?

Nope. If anything 1/2AP Free Quests/Story Quests is the surest sign they're ready to drop the next Singularity on us.

Sciel

Used about 250ap to farm Gaul today. Got the last 3 Octoplet pieces i needed to ascend Herc. Questioned my sanity greatly during this process. Would have been so much easier if i could still grind using an emulator.

I can do the final ascension as well but will probably hold off since it'll eat into my supply of Hearts (IM ALSO LACKING EXP CARDS NOW OMG).

Pejo

Gold Member
Nope. If anything 1/2AP Free Quests/Story Quests is the surest sign they're ready to drop the next Singularity on us.

Thank god! Do you know what this opens up to us, regarding new drops we can farm? I am pretty sure we have access to the snake eye orbs now, but what about reverse dragon scales?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom