• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.
I simply didn't play for the last 1,5 months and only logged in for the daily bonus. Don't know why people feel the need to play this to death.

chrono01

At this point, I'm just logging in to do a few dailies and for my rewards and that's it. I want to farm the free quests for materials, since they're at 1/2 AP, but with those drop-rates...

I'm okay with the slow pace personally, as I have a handful of other gacha games to play. I just worry about the state of the game and whether people will stick with it as it goes through the beginning stages. I'd hate to see the game fail just because it has a slower start than most since, as we know, content will eventually be there (judging from the Japanese version) we just have to wait it out.

aitakute

So I just got these today.
q1s8kNm.jpg

6tkBrwU.jpg
Would pay money for that loli

Bonus, cute mascots

I touched Mashu!

FGO stage show will be tomorrow but I got sick today so I won't be able to go. I hope they will announce info about 10m download and next chapter.

The moment they said they wanted 'the JP experience' and Leff said inagme that humanities death date is the end of 2018 I knew the first few months were going to be rough.

Granted I'd have preferred they just gave us the updated Dailies out of the park...

I'm wondering who I should level as my berserker. I've currently got Vlad, Kintoki, Hercules, and Lancelot.

Lancelot is the only one out of those who can AoE which helps with farming (the only metagame right now). Hercules and Kintoki become more useful down the road when stronger bosses start appearing.

Ephidel

I'm wondering who I should level as my berserker. I've currently got Vlad, Kintoki, Hercules, and Lancelot.
It depends what you want out of them and who else you have to use with them, frankly.

Vlad has an unusual skill card layout for a berserker, and as a result works better as a damage dealer for Arts teams so you can chain his arts cards with theirs and aim for NP spam. His NP is single target hits multiple times so it generates stars. His first skill increases his NP gauge and has a chance to drain the enemy's NP gauge. His second is naff now but gets a boost later (right now it increases his defense, later on it will get an upgrade quest that makes it boost attack too). His third gives him guts and helps him survive.

Kintoki is a 'standard' berserker, high damage with a single target NP that pierces defense and has a chance to stun. He has the highest attack stat in game once maxed out (for now, at least. He drops a spot later on). His first skill boosts his attack, his second charges his NP gauge, his third is a recover.

Herculus is the survivalist, high damage mixed with mass guts and a single target NP. His second skill is an evade, his third is guts (so a self revive), and at bond 10 (which is a long way off, granted) his personal CE gives him guts 3 more times, so he'll survive longer and keep hitting things.

Lancelot is a star generator with an AOE NP. This makes him great for farming stuff.
His first skill increases his star absorption, his second increases his star generation, and his third increases his np gain. When I've used him as a support I've mainly used his NP to gain stars for other people to use in chains.

Lancelot is the king of farming and won't be beaten in that role for a long time, but you'll need a Kaleidoscope for him (and Waver support) for best results. You simply can't turn on his NP otherwise.

Herc, Vlad, and Kintoki are best used for one-shotting the bigger mob enemies in dailies and for taking out high-HP bosses with their NPs.

At level 90, Kintoki is almost strong enough to one-shot the chimera in Germania (the strongest enemy in free quests right now) with his NP if buffed a couple of times.

Herc can't quite match Kintoki because his NP is DEF down and not DEF ignore. Herc will deal more damage for long attrition bosses, but we don't have any of those yet.

Vlad's arts NP doesn't deal nearly the same level of damage on its own. But, his damage potential can surpass the others once we have arts support (Tamamo/Nero Bride) and once he gets his first interlude in London to upgrade his NP.

Man, the finale is much easier than the last 2 quests. I couldn't clear them at all

For those not keeping up with Nerofest 2017 in JP FGO:

The skull-head guy (widely called King Hassan, officially called "First Hassan"), as a servant, has a low baseline probability to instakill with any of his attacks, and a high chance to instakill with his NP. This is one of those passive skills that's far more powerful on the enemy side than on your side, because all enemies worth using instakills on have resistance against it.

This guy has never been a boss until now. As a boss, he still has a random chance to instakill anyone on your side with any attack. If he hits twice he could theoretically kill two party members in one turn, if your luck turns out amazingly bad. And even if you use servants with high death resist, his attacks still hit very, very hard.

As an assassin enemy, he has a 3-part charge bar, so he's firing off that NP every 3 turns. Better yet, he can gain charge to NP off even faster.

It is impossible to kill this guy quickly because he is stacked with a ton of damage reduction buffs (impossible to bypass with DEF ignore or invulnerability pierce), and the fight's gimmick, long story short, means you have to wait a number of turns for those to come off before you can even start dealing meaningful damage to him.

Turns during which you have to hope those instakills don't proc so many times that your whole team dies before they get to do anything.

Laiza

Well, at least those challenge quests only give summon tickets.

Is beating King Hassan just a matter of luck? Pray you don't get Death-ed before the buffs wear off? Kind of frustrating to get thrown that kind of RNG in combat when we already have enough RNG in the gacha as it is.

I will take solace in the fact that I won't have to deal with that for a couple years...

Ala Alba

Well, at least those challenge quests only give summon tickets.

Is beating King Hassan just a matter of luck? Pray you don't get Death-ed before the buffs wear off? Kind of frustrating to get thrown that kind of RNG in combat when we already have enough RNG in the gacha as it is.

I will take solace in the fact that I won't have to deal with that for a couple years...

The challenge quests also reward rarer materials in addition to the summon tickets. Still not worth stressing about, though.

There are some measures you can take to mitigate his instant death. For one, there are two servants with naturally extremely high resistance to instant death (one of them free), and one of the fight gimmicks is that the enemies will often apply taunt to the first party member. Of course, there is still the problem where First Hassan hits like a truck, but it shifts the fight more towards protecting the tank instead of just hoping you don't get instant killed.

The other way is just to use a lot of Guts buffs.

Of course, even with those people are using a lot of turn resets to make it through. It's nice though that you can't use any quartz or command seals on a full party revive (no way to pay your way through), and the 1 ap cost makes trying different strategies a matter of how patient you are instead of having to worry about running out of ap.

gaiadyne

For those not keeping up with Nerofest 2017 in JP FGO:

The skull-head guy (widely called King Hassan, officially called "First Hassan"), as a servant, has a low baseline probability to instakill with any of his attacks, and a high chance to instakill with his NP. This is one of those passive skills that's far more powerful on the enemy side than on your side, because all enemies worth using instakills on have resistance against it.

This guy has never been a boss until now. As a boss, he still has a random chance to instakill anyone on your side with any attack. If he hits twice he could theoretically kill two party members in one turn, if your luck turns out amazingly bad. And even if you use servants with high death resist, his attacks still hit very, very hard.

As an assassin enemy, he has a 3-part charge bar, so he's firing off that NP every 3 turns. Better yet, he can gain charge to NP off even faster.

It is impossible to kill this guy quickly because he is stacked with a ton of damage reduction buffs (impossible to bypass with DEF ignore or invulnerability pierce), and the fight's gimmick, long story short, means you have to wait a number of turns for those to come off before you can even start dealing meaningful damage to him.

Turns during which you have to hope those instakills don't proc so many times that your whole team dies before they get to do anything.

The brokeness to look forward to

aitakute

Are the buff also impossible to remove via Medea's Rule Breaker?

Yes

Also

Chapter 1.5 part 3 will be available mid October and will be tittled "屍山血河舞台 下総国 英霊剣豪七番勝負" 10m downloaded reached. Free 1 4 star servant of your own choice. More will be announced later. Just annouced at kyomaf

Strimei

Oh fuck. I can't wait for a CA Hassan animation update.

Oh man, and I've been using CA Hassan lately too (in NA, so gonna be ages to get it there, I figure). I was just thinking he really needs to have better animations. I mean he has the honking big cursed arm yet he just plinks away with knives.

sandpiper

Oh man, and I've been using CA Hassan lately too (in NA, so gonna be ages to get it there, I figure). I was just thinking he really needs to have better animations. I mean he has the honking big cursed arm yet he just plinks away with knives.

Depends. NA got animation update Emiya and Seiba, among others. We could get the CA Hassan update early.

Strimei

Depends. NA got animation update Emiya and Seiba, among others. We could get the CA Hassan update early.

True. Well I'll hope for soon!

Also envious of the whole pick-non-limited-free-4* but then again the ones I really want are a long way off too so for the best.

Moonlight

Banned
A free non-limited 4*, eh. Guess that means I won't need to worry too much about getting a Nitocris, assuming I still don't have one in two years.

Just started playing a week or two ago (JP version; downloaded on a whim while I was in a Japan). Have been generally having fun... then I decided to pull on my free crystals.

I kinda wanted to spend a bit on this due to liking the animations (and the overall high quality the game feels; it's got a fucking 'record' of Main Story, Events, and Heros―they even replay when you power up your Servant), but the fact that a 10x Summon has no guarantee that it'll give me a 4-star Servant makes me feel real bad about spending money.

Getting only a bunch of 3-Star Servants―that you can get for free― feels far worse than not getting your target 5-Star Servant. It doesn't help that you have a daily free pull + current event spams you with Friend pts.

I know Craft Essense/概念礼装 can be game changers, but god damn it, do I look like I spent money to pull that 4*star Smugface Kotomine Kirei??? That "guaranteed 4-star or higher" should be reserved to Servants (or 1 servant + 1 gainen/CE).

Out of 90 crytals (30 pulls) + those 15 single summon ticket, Saber Extra was the one and only character I got that's 4 stars or higher.

It now makes me feel ultra bad that I missed an event 4-star Rider Ishtar (which is more or less Rin) by only about a month.

I also pretty much finished the current event (except the challenges), too, and only a few days before it ends; even have 5 copies of the event cards to max them out.
(All thanks partly to really strong people that accepted my friend request*)
. But I kinda now want to reroll until I get Caster Extra (or Brunhilde as a Noto Mamiko fan, but I'm not sure I like Brunhilde enough. Plus Caster was my choice in Fate/Extra)

*It makes me wonder how much they spent. They have a couple of 5-Star Servants with maxed out 宝具/Noble Phantasm. Or is there a way to upgrade those without having to obtain a copy?

Ephidel

Just started playing a week or two ago (JP version; downloaded on a whim while I was in a Japan). Have been generally having fun... then I decided to pull on my free crystals.

I kinda wanted to spend a bit on this due to liking the animations (and the overall high quality the game feels; it's got a fucking 'record' of Main Story, Events, and Heros―they even replay when you power up your Servant), but the fact that a 10x Summon has no guarantee that it'll give me a 4-star Servant makes me feel real bad about spending money.

Getting only a bunch of 3-Star Servants―that you can get for free― feels far worse than not getting your target 5-Star Servant. It doesn't help that you have a daily free pull + current event spams you with Friend pts.

I know Craft Essense/概念礼装 can be game changers, but god damn it, do I look like I spent money to pull that 4*star Smugface Kotomine Kirei??? That "guaranteed 4-star or higher" should be reserved to Servants (or 1 servant + 1 gainen/CE).

Out of 90 crytals (30 pulls) + those 15 single summon ticket, Saber Extra was the one and only character I got that's 4 stars or higher.

It now makes me feel ultra bad that I missed an event 4-star Rider Ishtar (which is more or less Rin) by only about a month.
Well on the up side you will be able to get some more quartz and a free 4* when their 10mil celebration hits. You're kind of spoilt for choice though, the selection is huge.
*It makes me wonder how much they spent. They have a couple of 5-Star Servants with maxed out 宝具/Noble Phantasm. Or is there a way to upgrade those without having to obtain a copy?
Nope, you need dupes.
I mean, they might have gotten very lucky with saved up free quartz, but they probably spent some cash on it.

Is anyone able to confirm that Octuplet Crystals actually exist?
I can't even count how many times I've run Gaul these past few days and I still haven't seen a single one drop x_x

Rephin

Is anyone able to confirm that Octuplet Crystals actually exist?
I can't even count how many times I've run Gaul these past few days and I still haven't seen a single one drop x_x
Can confirm, spent 2 straight days and some apples at half AP to get the 6 I needed for Kintoki. Drop rate is painful.

Slashlen

I've actually been doing alright in farming, I got just about all of the free quest farmable stuff I need for the next few ascensions(including 6 crystals from Gaul). Unfortunately, right now it's seeds which means reliving werewolf hell but at 3AP.

I really need some xp cards at the moment, I may skip out on Okeanos for a while to grind some.

I also pretty much finished the current event (except the challenges), too, and only a few days before it ends; even have 5 copies of the event cards to max them out.
(All thanks partly to really strong people that accepted my friend request*)
. But I kinda now want to reroll until I get Caster Extra (or Brunhilde as a Noto Mamiko fan, but I'm not sure I like Brunhilde enough. Plus Caster was my choice in Fate/Extra)

About rolling for Tamamo: odds are not great because there are a ton of 5*s in Japan's gacha pool by now. Normally you would want to try for a specific one during their rate-up (and you just missed the chance to roll a gacha with rate-ups for all casters).

And getting Nero is pretty rare because she's normally exclusively in the story gacha and not in any event banner ones.

But, seriously, if you want 4*s then just save a few rolls for every rate-up banner than comes your way, and build up your collection. Also be sure to get your pick for the upcoming free choice of 4*s.

How much do those special CEs cost in mana prisms that are coming down the pike? And how spaced out are the CE events?

I've saved about 500 mana prisms now but i keep getting tempted to buy the Fous.

How much do those special CEs cost in mana prisms that are coming down the pike? And how spaced out are the CE events?

I've saved about 500 mana prisms now but i keep getting tempted to buy the Fous.

The first one should arrive in January and be available for three months. Then it gets replaced by the next CE which will be available for three months and so on.
Each CE costs 1000MP. In order to max limit break a CE (which is worth it) you will need to buy 5 copies for 5000MP total.
Getting all the MP from events should get you most of the way there (events give you around 4000MP in three months time). So as long as you are able to accumulate an additional 1000MP every three month you should be good to go.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Bonus, cute mascots

I touched Mashu!

FGO stage show will be tomorrow but I got sick today so I won't be able to go. I hope they will announce info about 10m download and next chapter.
I love these mascots, they're so cute. Thank you for sharing.
Get well soon. =)

Since there's an ongoing Okita gacha in the JP version, I made a new account just to test my luck. In my 5th summon: Jeanne. Not exactly the Saberface I was hoping for, and now she's my 5* in both servers.

Yep, mistranslation in this week's master missions.

Mission 1's "Ghost" enemies are actually Undead enemies (skeletons or ghosts). Mission 4's Ghost-type enemies are actual ghosts only.

RSchmitz

No success with rerolling, or...?

Creating an itunes acc...
At first I got the verification code, but when I tried to verify nothing happened. The code simply disappeared when I clicked next.
That happened like 3-4 times with different e-mails.

Now whenever I get to the last screen I get a message "We've run into a problem. Please try again later". I wonder if I got my ip blocked or something for insisting so much.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Creating an itunes acc...
At first I got the verification code, but when I tried to verify nothing happened. The code simply disappeared when I clicked next.
That happened like 3-4 times with different e-mails.

Now whenever I get to the last screen I get a message "We've run into a problem. Please try again later". I wonder if I got my ip blocked or something for insisting so much.
Oh. For some reason I thought you guys had something like QooApp. Had no idea it could be such a hassle.

It's probably better to stick to one account anyway though. The JP load times are noticeably longer for me, don't think I could put up with it in the long run so I'm just using it to play around with newer servants. I used BB as a friend servant today and her animations are gorgeous. Can't believe she's a welfare servant.

The first one should arrive in January and be available for three months. Then it gets replaced by the next CE which will be available for three months and so on.
Each CE costs 1000MP. In order to max limit break a CE (which is worth it) you will need to buy 5 copies for 5000MP total.
Getting all the MP from events should get you most of the way there (events give you around 4000MP in three months time). So as long as you are able to accumulate an additional 1000MP every three month you should be good to go.

Oh great! Thanks for the detailed explanation. I'll put aside 1000 or so before spending on Fou.

RSchmitz

Should I max ascend Waver or Cu? Both use feathers.
Waver gets very few stats from 80 to 90. But it would probably net me more friend points.
Cu could be useful, I haven't needed him so far but I'm sure I will sometime in the future.

What would you do?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Waver.

I mean but the time you "need" Cu you'll probably have the feathers from events and farming.

Kenai

Should I max ascend Waver or Cu? Both use feathers.
Waver gets very few stats from 80 to 90. But it would probably net me more friend points.
Cu could be useful, I haven't needed him so far but I'm sure I will sometime in the future.

What would you do?

Waver for sure.

Grazzt

I've given up farming for crystals. Got 0 after spending whole ap bar.
Meanwhile I've gotten 2 claws and tons of xp farming dark forest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom