• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could not possibly be more disappointed right now. Even the cat would've been better. I'm honestly considering selling her out of spite because I absolutely will not ever use her.

Don't forget lancers get a 1.05x attack multiplier.

She's the strongest 4* attacker in the game right now outside of Saber Alter and berserkers. Never fails to deal respectable damage for me.

OVDRobo

I guess it would be a waste to just delete a 4*. You guys are right. Maybe she'll give a bonus in an event further down the line to give me a reason to bother using her.

Unfortunately, regardless of her function and strengths, she combines every archetype I dislike into a single character.

Thinking about it, she might actually be my least-liked character in the entire game, including unreleased servants (Edward Teach comes close, though). Funny thing is that now I have both young and old versions due to being stuck with Carmilla as my free 4*. With the halloween version I could make a team composed entirely of different versions my least-liked character. What twisted luck.

gaiadyne

I guess it would be a waste to just delete a 4*. You guys are right. Maybe she'll give a bonus in an event further down the line to give me a reason to bother using her.

Unfortunately, regardless of her function and strengths, she combines every archetype I dislike into a single character.

Thinking about it, she might actually be my least-liked character in the entire game, including unreleased servants (Edward Teach comes close, though). Funny thing is that now I have both young and old versions due to being stuck with Carmilla as my free 4*. With the halloween version I could make a team composed entirely of different versions my least-liked character. What twisted luck.

lock her away in the second archive until then...

jonjonaug

I felt this way for a while about Liz but Grand Order and her Extella side story turned me around on her.

EDIT: Also this scene in Extella where she memes on you

jonjonaug

I don't know why you would need FGO and Extella for that, it's more or less impossible not to like Lizzy after this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpOJxVMG-hU

Knew what this was going to be even before I clicked the link lol

Normally I don't like characters with her kind of design and personality so much, and I've never played CCC since I don't speak/read Japanese. Liz is kind of annoying throughout most of Extella (my first real exposure to her outside of that CCC clip you just linked) up until near the end of the game too. Looking into her role in CCC more makes me want to play it even more.

OVDRobo

The fact that (Fate/Extella)
Elisabeth is so incomprehensibly stupid and selfish that she screwed up Archimedes' plan
is the one time I have ever felt anything outside of disdain for the character and that's because it felt like the scenario writers and I were on the same page for a brief moment.

It's a real shame we never got CCC in the west since it seems to be the reason for why certain characters have sizeable fanbases and the snippets of those characters we get through this game and Extella aren't really enough to develop that as much as a full-length RPG with lots of text.

aitakute

35NNv5e.jpg

This is my friend. He got baited and used 200+ quartz. Without getting a single 4 star servant

I fucking love Lizzy despite never playing CCC due to no JP skills. My first true experience with her was Extella and I loved her in that. She's now in my top five servants.

So glad I have her as one of my servants.

T-Rex.

Banned
Excellent taste. I guess mine would be:

1. Emiya
  2. Jeanne
  3. Nero
  4. Gilgamesh
  5. Arturia
Although if Shiki counts then she'd be top 2 for sure.

OVDRobo

Sure. I'll jump in, too.

1. Emiya (smugredman.jpg)
2. MHX (Saberface to end all Sabers. Cool scarf)
3. Lancelot (Gurgling fish knight with a gatling gun)
4. Nitocris (Sneaky beach version is best)
5. Either original Artoria or Lancer Artoria.

I feel like I'm one of few people not playing this game entirely for the waifu stuff which probably makes my tastes a bit vanilla. It'll save me some SQ in the long run though. They've been going in so hard on that stuff in JP that I don't have much interest in probably around 2/3 of servants released.

kewlmyc

1. Emiya
2. Iskander
3. Cu
3. Jeanne Alter (just based on design)
4. Gilgamesh (pure scumbag, love it)

Played the original VN, watched all the anime made for the series so far barring Ilya and the current airing one. Own Fate/Extra but never got past the first hour. Didn't bother with that musou spinoff (Extera?).

Pejo

Always like a rating game.

1. Cu
2. Kiritsugu (assassin)
3. Lancer Artoria Alter
4. Musashi
5. Old King Hassan

I just saw that JP got a 4* selector with two of these guys on there, so I all I have to do is wait 2 years if I don't get Kerry or Lancer Alter. Wee!

What's the best CE for Cu by the way? I've been using Moon Goddess Bath on him for the 500 HP per turn, to increase his survivability even more, but there's probably something better.

Mupod

1. Tamamo (duh)
2. Shiki (the only reason I won't spend every last quartz for NP upgrades if I somehow get Tamamo before I run out)
3. Best Dog
4-5. Regend and Rad Vlad. I find both of their circumstances as Servants really interesting in terms of how their fictional legends influenced their summoning. Vlad is pretty much the only thing keeping me going in this game atm as I hoard for who I really want, so that gives him the edge I guess.

honorable mention for Blackbeard, he has a role in Okeanos right?

Nitocris is hella cute and I like that Scathach looks exactly like Aoko but I haven't really seen much of them other than fanart and the like.

Replace Gil with the Tsukihime maids then.
Your list is now acceptable.

sabrekins pls
Ay man I don't make the rules around Fate.

Anywho, I'm up to 66 quartz now and the desire to roll is nonexistant until maybe Halloween or christmas. Funny I've been getting lucky with monuments lately but of course they aren't the ones i actually need.

The only Archers I have are male and thus worthless to me.

What's the best CE for Cu by the way? I've been using Moon Goddess Bath on him for the 500 HP per turn, to increase his survivability even more, but there's probably something better.

I'm running him with Imaginary Around. He has two quick cards and his NP is also quick, so the boost is very nice.

Always like a rating game.

1. Cu
2. Kiritsugu (assassin)
3. Lancer Artoria Alter
4. Musashi
5. Old King Hassan

I just saw that JP got a 4* selector with two of these guys on there, so I all I have to do is wait 2 years if I don't get Kerry or Lancer Alter. Wee!

I use the crit up one since Cu is my last resort guy so i just kind of hope that his survivability keeps him alive for a bit and self chains for big crits.

Wait he's not? But in Apocrypha everyone says he including astolfo so it seems like he identifies as male. Also his wiki says he.

From the wiki:

Rider is an androgynous-looking boy who is fancily dressed. Beautiful beyond all compare, he states that his hair ornaments, which seem like something a princess would wear, are an "irresistible proof of friendship"

You're just missing the joke to that fact that Astolfo is a guy who looks like a girl and on his Servant profile where it lists the servant's gender he writes le Secret♪. Everyone knows he's a guy obviously, except the people who actually don't realize he isn't a girl.

In fgo I believe there's even a couple skills directed at males that don't effect him as reference to this.

You're just missing the joke to that fact that Astolfo is a guy who looks like a girl and on his Servant profile where it lists the servant's gender he writes le Secret♪. Everyone knows he's a guy obviously, except the people who actually don't realize he isn't a girl.

In fgo I believe there's even a couple skills directed at males that don't effect him as reference to this.

Oooooh. I see. I didn't see his profile in FGO cause he's not in the US version yet. Thanks for the explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom