• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quonny

I feel bad, this is the second event that I have to depend on my friends for their CE (I can never manage to pull the 5* CE with my gacha pulls).

I swear, I'll make it up to you all some day!

They're getting FP out of it, that's what it's used for. Mooch away.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
I can see what you're saying, but Mash in my group dies pretty fast and does crappy damage. She's capped at 40 and has been for a while now. I keep her around a a backup in my group, but she just can't handle stuff like other characters can. If she's supposed to tank, then she doesn't do it very well at least in the content I'm in now. Ultimately, it doesn't matter. I did enjoy building her up and I'll continue to do so.

My problem really with the game is that with what we're allowed to do, the drop rates are terrible and with the number of units that can/should be leveled up it's so hard to actually do so. Now, I understand that not all servants should be leveled to the absolute max, but it's hard to even get one to that level, let alone two. If you want to keep playing, eventually you'll hit a wall even if you're only playing a short amount of time per day. I personally place one session a day and generally until I run out of AP (even if I level up, I stop playing and hold that energy until the next time I play), but I don't feel like I can make much progress in what time I devote to the game. It just doesn't let you do that. The grind is serious and severe with drop rates that are atrocious. I tried to grind out some gold stones to level up Emiya when the Archer dailies were up and I didn't get 1 of them. Not 1. I dread to think of what it'll be like once I get Artoria Alter or Zhuge to their next level. When hitting that wall, what else is there to do? Level another servant until you hit that wall again with that character? Just seems like crappy design all around. I don't feel like I'm making progress and what little progress I am making hasn't made doing anything in the game much easier. I was hoping to at least get another servant to work on since I'll be at that dead end again very soon, but getting new units is hard and even the rate ups don't seem to mean anything if even getting a servant is difficult in the first place.

At least with other games, I felt like the little time I spent in it was fulfilling in some way. This game almost encourages the player not to even bother.
Yeah, Mash isn't that impressive right now. She's missing a lot of her stats and her taunt skill. Luckily those who don't own Jeanne have St. George as a tank (unless FP summon was very mean to you, in which case I'm sorry) Even at level 45, he's a huge help for keeping Berserkers alive.

Most of us have hit a wall at least once in the game's release, and if the abysmal drop rates aren't your thing, you can stock up on EXP, MP, mats, or QP. The dailies for mats now are a big improvement over the nonsense we had at launch. For upgrading skills you'll need a crap ton of QP anyway so it doesn't hurt to stock up when there's nothing better to do. And if you want to max limit break those special CEs that cost 1000 MP for a single copy, 30 AP dailies is definitely something to consider running when there's nothing else to do. Or you can just log in once a day to get your login gift and that's it. I need a break from any game every now and then, since playing weeks on end burns me out. I think the pacing of FGO is pleasant in its own way, because it lets you take a break between events without missing anything important, and the game will feel more fresh when you come back for the next event.

Pejo

Le78eYu.jpg

Thoughts on supports? I'm not sure which CE should go on which servants. My "most used" keeps ending up as Vlad, which doesn't seem right.

Fishious

Against my better judgement I wound up dropping all 38 of my tickets and 390 quartz gunning for Tamamo. It was one of those, "well just one more set of pulls" thing. No Tamamo. Well, at least not the Tamamo I wanted.

I can't be too mad as I at least got a fair amount of stuff for my pulls. Just not what I wanted. A bit disheartening considering I'd stockpiled all that since launch with only a few ticket pulls here and there. I'm at 30 quartz which I'm tempted to use, but I should probably save for later. Still my heart goes out to the people who got squat for 100+ quartz.

Notable pulls:
5*
Altria
Vlad (I actually did want him)
Kaleidoscope (Same here)
Limited/ Zero Over
Formal Craft
Little Halloween Devil x3 (Will be useful for farming)
Heaven's Feel

4*
Carmilla
Liz
d'Eon x 3
Tamamo Cat x3
Halloween Arrangement x10

Strimei

Well I did 1 more 10-roll than I meant to, so 3 in all.

No Tamamo. Did get 2 Tamacats and a second Anne & Mary. Stopping at that, saving the rest for Scathach.

I'm satisfied with Tamacat, at least for now.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think this has been mentioned here yet: if you're aiming for a 5th copy of the Halloween Princess CE, wait for the party quest with Atalanta and Orion. Apparently the drop rate there is better than the 30 AP free quest. Atalanta's the one who drops it so kill her first, and if a gold chest drops, check what dropped. If it's the CE, kill Orion to finish, if not, restart. 20 AP per try. Other party quests probably have the increased drop rate too but the Atalanta one is the only one with two servants at the end to let you quit and retry.

Kieli

The desire sensor is extremely obnoxious. I need 1 more Lancer monument, and went through 4 full AP bars on the Expert Lancer quest.

Got like 10 pieces, but 0 monuments.

Yet when I was farming the Saber quest, I would get 2 Monument drops easily on one quest. But I don't have any Sabers...

RSchmitz

The desire sensor is extremely obnoxious. I need 1 more Lancer monument, and went through 4 full AP bars on the Expert Lancer quest.

Got like 10 pieces, but 0 monuments.

Yet when I was farming the Saber quest, I would get 2 Monument drops easily on one quest. But I don't have any Sabers...
There are Lancer monuments on the event shop. You could buy a lot of them with 4 ap bars worth of items. Nvm if JP.

Mupod

well I found a way to continue playing my old account while progressing the new one. My friend is interested in playing again and can't seem to recover his old Gil account so he might become the new keeper of Uncle Vlad after all.

It's highly unlikely I'll get Tamamo with the few quartz/tickets by the end of this event but I might as well try while he attempts his account recovery.

Funny, I was barely playing this game but starting over made it interesting again, lol.

Cruziao

Neo Member
Still going through the Halloween story, so I'll ask, Party and Guerilla quests aren't time limited right? They'll stay on the map until you do them right?

Will they appear again after you finished them or are they one time only? Asking this since I saw a guide that mentions lunatic party (Atalante one) will appear 4 times, and you should farm the CE on the 4th run :/
Oh and right now we have 2 party and 1 guerilla right?

Btw I did 10 pull + 1 ticket and got 4 black keys, yorokobe shonen >_>

Grazzt

So 40 is recommended or is 30? Video says do 30 until you get Halloween Princess to drop, but she seems to drop on 40 as well.

Depends on your goal, if you want Halloween Princess CE, then do 30.
40 drops the other one, Maid in Halloween.
But if you just wanna farm bats, candles, etc, then just do 40, and pumpkin head only drops from here and surprise quests.

Sterok

Finished the Pumpkin Castle event. I think I liked the writing in the last event better with more group interactions. But this had less annoying grinding and a much needed good reward, so I liked this better overall.

Grazzt

Btw, obviously Vlad from main quest also drops Halloween Princess. So if anyone hasn't finished it yet and really want that CE atm, then just kill Vlad then check the drop, if it's the CE, kill the rest, if not, retreat and repeat. It only costs 10 ap, more efficient than doing 20 party quest.

Mupod

I feel bad for not playing for a month... how much work is it to complete this Orleans map to be able to play the event?

well I just started it on my new account, so I'll let you know...I'll be skipping cutscenes and blowing it up with berserkers, since I already did it the 'normal' way.

There's quite a bit of story and text if you actually read it though. But you can go back and watch everything later.

Articalys

Does that mean I should make picking up at least one each of the Tamamo and Iri CEs from the event shop the next priority?
Right now I'm still running 40AP but all I have is some of the +1 Candle CEs; should I be using Tamamo, Iri, or Illya as a support CE?

Does that mean I should make picking up at least one each of the Tamamo and Iri CEs from the event shop the next priority?
Right now I'm still running 40AP but all I have is some of the +1 Candle CEs; should I be using Tamamo, Iri, or Illya as a support CE?

Depends on what you are farming. Illya on quests that drop pumpkins (40 AP and guerilla) Cat for the rest for the bats. Iri when farming candles. Personally going for all the CEs before focusing on Liz and mats

Articalys

Depends on what you are farming. Illya on quests that drop pumpkins (40 AP and guerilla) Cat for the rest for the bats. Iri when farming candles. Personally going for all the CEs before focusing on Liz and mats
In retrospect, that probably would have been a smarter idea for me as well, but can't reverse course.

I'm trying to figure out how long it's going to take to scrape together even just the 20 pumpkins I need for one copy of Maid in Halloween, let alone 40 for the Crystallized Lore and then possibly more for Berserker monuments -- and once that's done, if I'll even have time left over to get anything else.

Uthred

Only enough for 70 pulls, not a single 5* servant or CE. One new 4* servant (and a dupe Tama cat). That 1% rate is not good for the soul .

Another 50 pulls, nothing much of note. Only 150 quartz left. Maybe I should try for 2030 at Scathach banner instead. That said, are 5* craft essences rated up? Only like 1 out of 8 5* essence was Little Halloween Devil. I did see a ton of the 4* and 3* one though

To be fair this is the first event since launch when we can get a welfare 4* servant and like what several people mentioned, the welfare servants that are coming up range from decent to nearly broken.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Just did 3 YOLO ticket pulls.

First another Jack O Lantern.

Then Carmilla.

Then Tamamo Caster, holy shit.

I already used all my XP cards I had hoarded on the Altera pull I got earlier today. :(

Shinypogs

I haven't played in months but came back for Tamamo no mae since I've wanted her since I learned of the game and was saving all my quartz when actively playing.

Took 90 quartz but success!

Now to relearn the entire game and figure out who goes best with Tamamo no mae out of who I have.

I haven't played in months but came back for Tamamo no mae since I've wanted her since I learned of the game and was as ing all my quartz when actively playing.

Took 90 quartz but success!

Now to relearn the entire game and figure out who goes best with Tamamo no mae out of who I have.

Congrats! That is an awesome pull!

Though pulls like this are awful for my salt levels. 120 pulls on Tamamo banner without her (not even a consolation 5* servant). XD Guess its all welfare servants for me from here on out.

Articalys

At this point, the fact that Tamamo isn't a limited servant is probably the only thing keeping me from using all my quartz at once and then deleting the game when I don't get her.

You're all saints for being able to congratulate someone else luckier than you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom