• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinypogs

Ty for the congrats and I assure it all evens out. When Ike first showed up in fire emblem heroes I emptied most of my 100+ saved orbs for him and didn't get him. He's been featured on several other banners and neither my main nor side account can pull Ike.

Tamamo and Emiya is my new happiness, now I just need a 3rd arts team member to replace Herc at some point.

Grazzt

I haven't played in months but came back for Tamamo no mae since I've wanted her since I learned of the game and was as ing all my quartz when actively playing.

Took 90 quartz but success!

Now to relearn the entire game and figure out who goes best with Tamamo no mae out of who I have.
What
The
Fuck

At this point, the fact that Tamamo isn't a limited servant is probably the only thing keeping me from using all my quartz at once and then deleting the game when I don't get her.

You're all saints for being able to congratulate someone else luckier than you.

Luck comes and goes. For FGO, knowing the low rates and how little quartz is available for an F2Per, I was already kind of resigned to having only Altera as a 5* (I stopped rerolling when I got her). I would have rerolled for Tamamo if she was available at launch (cute fox spirit, best arts servant in game), but kind of don't want to throw away my launch account anymore.

Grazzt

I haven't pulled a single 5* servant after Gil banner.
When I say congrats I mean please keep it to yourself and don't show off.

I'm super salty.

Stenlock

Neo Member
I haven't pulled a single 5* servant after Gil banner.
When I say congrats I mean please keep it to yourself and don't show off.

I'm super salty.

Haven't pulled a new 5* since the very beginning.

If I don't get one before the end of the year, I'll probably start looking around on eBay for a cheap multi 5* stars account.

Caim

I haven't played in months but came back for Tamamo no mae since I've wanted her since I learned of the game and was saving all my quartz when actively playing.

Now to relearn the entire game and figure out who goes best with Tamamo no mae out of who I have.

Well damn, congrats!

Noll

Neo Member
So I was like, let's try to roll Tamamo no Mae.

Zero Waifu points (I don't like her that much).

And yes, I got her. I guess the less you like a Servant, the highest the chances she will get summoned.

I like her for gameplay purposes of course. I also have Vlad and Waver, so she will make a great team with them. Too bad I didn't ascend them much yet (Waver is still 70, Vlad 60 and Tamamo 50).

I feel sorry for the ppl that spent more than me and didn't pull her. Hopefully you will get her!

I spent 5 tickets and 120 quartz btw. Originally I didn't even want to roll, but then I was like: let's try! And one more roll! And one more roll! etc...

Yeah, I've decided, some banners you just don't get what you want no matter how many rolls you do. So the remainder of the Tamamo fund (150 quartz) is going towards Scatach and 2030. I think thats one of the best 5* CE of all time and the only time its rated up?

Watch me not get anything again cos rate up is a lie.

Will save up again after that and pull Valentine gatcha for Nero, Bride Nero and Tamamo

Quonny

0vF07aA.png
people like the fox

Quonny

Source for the graph? I'm guessing the other 2 spikes are Nero and Gil, which are early enough that rerolling was still feasible.

Priori, iOS only. Their numbers are shit, as are all estimation sites, but you can compare the popularity of banners, which should be fairly accurate.

Mupod

Yeah the secondary reason for switching to this new account is that it still has all the story, interlude and start dash quartz to get. So I can throw a few rolls into gudaguda and Scathach banners. The former mainly for Emiya. Maybe this account will be good at getting things other than Carmilla and event CEs.

I'm still maintaining the old account, not much hope of getting Tamamo on it (today's ticket was Boudica), but I did have the idea of putting all my grails into Vlad and just using him as my other account's support. Although ideally I'll find myself an NP5 Vlad friend or something, lol.

My friend was able to do an account recovery and get his Gil back so I guess he won't be taking over mine after all, but I'm glad he got his stuff restored. Wouldn't have been possible if I hadn't kept my other account going as I was able to get some info he said he needed for the restore.

Quonny

Anger burned three fruit this morning.

Zero pumpkins.

Truly wonderful and fun.

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Anger burned three fruit this morning.

Zero pumpkins.

Truly wonderful and fun.

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Pumpkin drop rate is truly terrible. I thought guerrilla quests were supposed to give a bunch, but they've given jack shit as well.

Thank god I'm at least running with 5 Illya CEs.

T-Rex.

Banned
Pumpkin drop rate is truly terrible. I thought guerrilla quests were supposed to give a bunch, but they've given jack shit as well.

Thank god I'm at least running with 5 Illya CEs.
I didn't get anything on the first guerrilla quest, but after that I've got 3 (+1 cos of the CE) each from the other 2 runs. Plus the 1 from completing it. I thought that was a guaranteed drop since the same enemy keeps dropping it, the one on the final wave with Hassan.

T-Rex.

Banned
Guess it's not a guaranteed drop then. Tbh I'm not really fussed about clearing the pumpkin shop anyway (I just want to get the Maid CE so I can focus on the 30ap) so whatever.

I know the lores are rare and bla bla bla, but I'm never going to 10 a skill so I'm not fussed about that.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You're all saints for being able to congratulate someone else luckier than you.

I'm honestly happy for people to get the units they want, even if I don't get them. The only time I may get salty (salty in the sense that I feel the need to spend money to get a unit) is if the unit is all powerful, meta defining, etc.

So I was like, let's try to roll Tamamo no Mae.

Zero Waifu points (I don't like her that much).

And yes, I got her. I guess the less you like a Servant, the highest the chances she will get summoned.

I like her for gameplay purposes of course. I also have Vlad and Waver, so she will make a great team with them. Too bad I didn't ascend them much yet (Waver is still 70, Vlad 60 and Tamamo 50).

I feel sorry for the ppl that spent more than me and didn't pull her. Hopefully you will get her!

I spent 5 tickets and 120 quartz btw. Originally I didn't even want to roll, but then I was like: let's try! And one more roll! And one more roll! etc...

Though I do find posts like this, from someone who doesn't contribute to the thread, who suddenly decides to post in the thread, just to brag about getting a heavily desired unit that they "didn't even want", a bit obnoxious :)

I didn't get her but I updated my units with some event cards for everyone! This game needs an auto button.

Noll

Neo Member
I'm honestly happy for people to get the units they want, even if I don't get them. The only time I may get salty (salty in the sense that I feel the need to spend money to get a unit) is if the unit is all powerful, meta defining, etc.

Though I do find posts like this, from someone who doesn't contribute to the thread, who suddenly decides to post in the thread, just to brag about getting a heavily desired unit that they "didn't even want", a bit obnoxious :)

I didn't get her but I updated my units with some event cards for everyone! This game needs an auto button.

I'm sorry if I offended you. It's true I didn't post in a while. I apologize for it, I wanted to actually keep the quartz but then decided to give it a try, I didn't expect to get her.

Anyway, again, sorry if I annoyed you.

xequalsy

Not rolling on this banner so I went ahead and did the Guerilla Quests as they came up since the CE for that is gacha only and I have to rely on friends. Pretty bad pumpkin drops. I can forsee multiple days spent grinding the 40AP node for pumpkins. Not sure I'll clear the shop this time sadly.

Maybe I'll end up maxing the other stuff before then though, who knows.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I haven't played in months but came back for Tamamo no mae since I've wanted her since I learned of the game and was saving all my quartz when actively playing.

You lucky son of a gun
Congrats!

Now excuse me while i go to doctor to check my blood pressure

(Well, maybe my luck ain't so bad. Got 6 pumpkin drop and Tamamo cat CE drop)

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Guess it's not a guaranteed drop then. Tbh I'm not really fussed about clearing the pumpkin shop anyway (I just want to get the Maid CE so I can focus on the 30ap) so whatever.

I know the lores are rare and bla bla bla, but I'm never going to 10 a skill so I'm not fussed about that.
Even though I want to 10 a couple of skills, I can't see myself using lores at the rate they're given. For this event, the upcoming 50 AP free quest gives 1 lore for clearing, and there's supposed to be one from a guerilla quest too. I'll probably have well over a dozen of them by the time I start to consider maxing my first skill.

Pejo

Man, I had stockpiled so many xp cards, I thought.

Got Tamamo to 60 and uncapped Vlad with those 5 pages and the zerker monuments from the event, and could only get him to 83, and bam. Out of xp cards again. Ah well, working on maxing out Drake next.

I've been running the 30AP trying to get a drop of Halloween Princess, but no dice so far. Getting a fair amount of lanterns in addition to bats and candles though. I wish more people had the Tamamo Cat CE equipped.

Mupod

Minmaxing as hard as I can for stamina regain/leveling servants but getting everything from this event will be tough. I should have Orleans done shortly and I'm only level 24 so at least I'm still at the point where I get level-up refills constantly.

Thankfully Herc and Tamamo Cat are relatively strong at low levels with little investment, and my friends list is already full of 90 Jeannes, so I should be okay to clear the actual event missions.

Haven't managed to find a George from FP summons yet, he was key to a lot of early game strategy for me last time. I figure him + jacked up friend Vlad + Tamamo should work very well. I'm not actually sure what kind of unit Caster Liz is but she might fit in too.

Also just realized I need to set aside some mana prisms for the 5 shop tickets. Gah, lot of grind ahead of me, but at least I didn't have to spend days rerolling.

Man, I had stockpiled so many xp cards, I thought.

Got Tamamo to 60 and uncapped Vlad with those 5 pages and the zerker monuments from the event, and could only get him to 83, and bam. Out of xp cards again. Ah well, working on maxing out Drake next.

I've been running the 30AP trying to get a drop of Halloween Princess, but no dice so far. Getting a fair amount of lanterns in addition to bats and candles though. I wish more people had the Tamamo Cat CE equipped.

Yeah, you can never have enough EXP cards. Getting a servant from level 1 to level 90 takes over 300 cards...

T-Rex.

Banned
Even though I want to 10 a couple of skills, I can't see myself using lores at the rate they're given. For this event, the upcoming 50 AP free quest gives 1 lore for clearing, and there's supposed to be one from a guerilla quest too. I'll probably have well over a dozen of them by the time I start to consider maxing my first skill.
I'd like to 10 them, but a lot of them require hearts and claws and they just don't drop for me. I pretty much save everything I get for ascensions cos of that.

Moonlight

Banned
Beautiful thing about Tamamo is that what she needs as far as special mats go are all pretty easy to farm. As soon as I get past my last hump with evil bones (which you get a healthy amount of via farming this event) I can kick her right up to rank 8 on Fox Wedding.

Since I couldn't roll her on my own, gonna have to rely on everyone for Tamamo. Tried a friend's out in a quest and her NP gain is amazing. NPAA chain lets her cast her NP and end up with 66% NP charge still O_O

Beautiful thing about Tamamo is that what she needs as far as special mats go are all pretty easy to farm. As soon as I get past my last hump with evil bones (which you get a healthy amount of via farming this event) I can kick her right up to rank 8 on Fox Wedding.

Please tell me more of that wonderful world you live in where Hearts of a Foreign God are easy to farm.

;)

Moonlight

Banned
Tamamo doesn't need them for skills? According to her wiki page at least. Seeds, bones, lanterns plus the standard gems. Easier to level her skills than a lot of 4*s.

edit: Oh, she needs pages to hit 9.

Any tips on fitting all your drop rate up CEs into your party? I'm having to use all 3* in my backline just so I don't exceed the limit, and probably have to go to 2* once I redeem my Maid in Halloweens

Running 1 Little Devil + 4 Halloween Arrangement with Altera + Gil. Maybe Altera + Medea would be good enough for 40AP

Quonny

Any tips on fitting all your drop rate up CEs into your party? I'm having to use all 3* in my backline just so I don't exceed the limit, and probably have to go to 2* once I redeem my Maid in Halloweens

Running 1 Little Devil + 4 Halloween Arrangement with Altera + Gil. Maybe Altera + Medea would be good enough for 40AP

Stick some 1* and 2* servants in the backline, that way you still get mastery rewards and can use the CE. Two weeks of not getting bond on your 4-5* units is worth it so you can use the CE.

Stick some 1* and 2* servants in the backline, that way you still get mastery rewards and can use the CE. Two weeks of not getting bond on your 4-5* units is worth it so you can use the CE.

Alternatively, cycle the low ranks around once they hit lvl 3 or 4 bond. Then you can go back later and easily clean up interludes for quartz and mats.

Shinypogs

Ok so right now I am running Heracles, Emiya, and tamamo no mae. I plan to replace herc with fracis drake when I have the time and mats to get her level closer to that of the rest of my team. However I am wondering what actual best third member of the team would be. Tamamo is a lock because I have wanted her since the start. Emiya is my clutch boy and I love his np so it's just the one slot left on the front line.

Who should I be looking out for who best fits into an arts team. Is there a particular 4 or 5 star servant I should be saving for. Oh and Ce which are the the ones I should be attempting to get the most.

Moonlight

Banned
Vlad and Tamamo have insanely good synergy, so you can look toward that. I wouldn't necessarily say Vlad is worth specifically aiming for, but Tamamo enables Vlad super well with her Arts buff, healing, and NP charge.

The holy trinity of Arts teams is basically Tamamo, Vlad, and Waver. Vlad's the damage, Waver is the utility, Tamamo is the engine. As for CEs, obviously your best bet is Formalcraft for the 25% Arts effectiveness boost, but if you don't have it, Projection is a good substitute. All the Arts users love stuff that let them spam NPs as much as possible, so you can also fit in Prisma Cosmos or Divine Banquet or Little Devil in to help them out. If you have a whole team built around him, Vlad can probably give up NP gain boosters for an NP steroid like Heaven's Feel.

Pejo

Ok so right now I am running Heracles, Emiya, and tamamo no mae. I plan to replace herc with fracis drake when I have the time and mats to get her level closer to that of the rest of my team. However I am wondering what actual best third member of the team would be. Tamamo is a lock because I have wanted her since the start. Emiya is my clutch boy and I love his np so it's just the one slot left on the front line.

Who should I be looking out for who best fits into an arts team. Is there a particular 4 or 5 star servant I should be saving for. Oh and Ce which are the the ones I should be attempting to get the most.

Vlad, Waver, and Tamamo are the arts meme team. It's mostly about being able to spam Vlad's NP over and over. Emiya unfortunately has a Buster NP, so even with 3 Arts cards he's still not getting the full arts benefits. Formalcraft goes great on any arts heavy user, i have mine on my Waver. I have heard that Little Devil CE from this event is good on Tamamo.

Quick question for everyone:
Are you leaving the Beginning of the Journey CE on one of your party members to bump up FP gain from 25 per node to 100 per node, or are you guys going all in with the event CEs on all of your party members? I'm trying to weigh the pros vs. cons and I'm leaning towards going all in with CEs for this event. For the Moonfest I kept Beginning of the Journey because farming the 5AP quests meant an insane amount of FP, but for this event where 40 AP is most efficient it seems like only using event CEs is a better idea.

RSchmitz

Quick question for everyone:
Are you leaving the Beginning of the Journey CE on one of your party members to bump up FP gain from 25 per node to 100 per node, or are you guys going all in with the event CEs on all of your party members? I'm trying to weigh the pros vs. cons and I'm leaning towards going all in with CEs for this event. For the Moonfest I kept Beginning of the Journey because farming the 5AP quests meant an insane amount of FP, but for this event where 40 AP is most efficient it seems like only using event CEs is a better idea.

Only event CEs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom