• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

I wasted my initial batch of pumpkins and bats on Liz copies and candies. Should I stay on 40AP until I have enough pumpkins to get a second copy of Maid in Halloween then move elsewhere to farm bats, or should I just stick with the one I have (plus a support) and work the 30AP instead?

My guess: time when guerilla quests appear.

Realistic: numbers in billion of salty tears that became Stars.

RzpclZB.jpg

The numbers could be times for guerilla quests, but the only day that lines up is the 2nd, and it doesn't have one for 24:00

strange...

chrono01

Wait, Pumpkin drops aren't guaranteed from the Pumpkin King in the final stage of the guerilla missions? It seems like you either get the pumpkin drop or a gold enhancer. Is there any way to quit and go back in hoping for the pumpkin instead, or are each mission set differently?

Mupod

are you fucking serious

used a ticket on my new account to try and get a boost CE and now I have an NP2 Tamamo. Oh god where were you two days ago before I rerolled.

Still maintaining the old account, because it's easy as hell to farm pumpkins when you have 5 Illyas equipped, lol.

I don't think people need to fret too much about the pumpkin drops. You need 170 pumpkins to clear the shop which comes down to 12 pumpkins a day. You get about 4 as guerrilla clear rewards. So with a friend Little Devil CE you only need two drops per day, less if you bring your own copies of Little Devil.

Qurupeke

are you fucking serious

used a ticket on my new account to try and get a boost CE and now I have an NP2 Tamamo. Oh god where were you two days ago before I rerolled.

Still maintaining the old account, because it's easy as hell to farm pumpkins when you have 5 Illyas equipped, lol.

All these double Tamamos make me angry.

Wait, Pumpkin drops aren't guaranteed from the Pumpkin King in the final stage of the guerilla missions? It seems like you either get the pumpkin drop or a gold enhancer. Is there any way to quit and go back in hoping for the pumpkin instead, or are each mission set differently?

Drops are set when the mission starts. You can reset by withdrawing from the mission if the pumpkin king doesn't drop a gold chest, but that also wastes the 30 AP. If you are planning on doing that, Try to kill both Hassan and the pumpkin king, since Hassan has a chance to drop a Maid in Halloween CE (which is definitely worth 3 pumpkins).

I have decent luck with the pumpkin droppings After 5 guerilla quests and some 40 AP, sitting at a nice 35 pumpkins and a Maid in halloween CE drop. Would trade all that for Tamamo of course, but I guess the cat loves me (got 2 TamaCat during the rolls) and not the fox =(

T-Rex.

Banned
It's just a waste of AP backing out tbh, I wouldn't recommend it.

elty

Does everyone do the guerilla quest as soon as they appear? Or leave them towards the end.

Actually, which free quest do people run? I just do the 40AP one because it seems to have good drop rate of everything.

Does everyone do the guerilla quest as soon as they appear? Or leave them towards the end.

I'm doing them as they appear. They are are the best chance for pumpkins, and only Little Halloween Devil boosts that, and its a gatcha CE. If you aren't planning on rolling more, then it doesn't really matter when you do them. Pumpkins get you Maid in Halloween CE, which boosts the next drop of bats, so I'm trying to get Pumpkins fast to speed up bat farming.

I'm running (including support bonus) + 2 Pumpkin + 5 Bat (soon to be +6 once I get another Maid in Halloween) + 2 Candles (since getting the candles from 4 per drop to +6 is a nice boost than another bat) for the 40 AP quest. For guerilla its +6 bats since no candles. Will be switching to 30 AP soon to try to get Halloween princess CE drop.

Actually, which free quest do people run? I just do the 40AP one because it seems to have good drop rate of everything.
If you are done pulling the banner (so no more Little Devil CEs) you can go ahead and do the guerrilla quests already. Just make sure to pick a friend with Little Devil CE.

As for general farming the 40AP quest is indeed the best. If you still need a Halloween Princess drop you might want to do the 30AP instead.

Moonlight

Banned
Is there a point of diminishing returns on Halloween CE? Some stuff I've seen have recommended cleaning out the Maids but I've got two now paired with my Little Devil and two Princesses and it's felt like a nice balance. Are the extras really worth all the pumpkins?

Is there a point of diminishing returns on Halloween CE? Some stuff I've seen have recommended cleaning out the Maids but I've got two now paired with my Little Devil and two Princesses and it's felt like a nice balance. Are the extras really worth all the pumpkins?
Depends if you want to max limit break Halloween Maid, which would require two drops. Otherwise you should be good with your current setup.

sasari

Limit breaking the CEs do not give extra drops do they? I have two Little Devil CEs and like 5 of the Bat CE (Not Maid in Halloween).

elty

FEH has free pull now?

I have sunk in more money that I wished for in FEH thanks to its higher drop rate and the pity system/

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Limit breaking the CEs do not give extra drops do they? I have two Little Devil CEs and like 5 of the Bat CE (Not Maid in Halloween).

LBing the CEs does not raise the drop rate. So unless you have a ton of a particular one that you can LB while still having plenty for the rest of your party, don't bother.

Articalys

Is 40AP really still the best way to go even if pumpkins aren't a priority anymore? I have 2 Maids but no Princesses and just the lore and (if time allows) Berserker monuments left that I want to buy from that part of the shop.

Is 40AP really still the best way to go even if pumpkins aren't a priority anymore? I have 2 Maids but no Princesses and just the lore and (if time allows) Berserker monuments left that I want to buy from that part of the shop.
Pumpkins are also the most efficient way to get Petit Cakes (via trade) and you need tons of those. So those potential extra pumpkins aren't wasted.

Mupod

Still rebuilding my friends list.

818 099 662

Still fairly low level, but I'll do what I can throughout the event. I've got a decent amount of people on my list but the 40AP is a little bit hairy for me. I almost lost support Vlad last time and my back line consists of a level 1 Asterios, low max cost is suffering.

edit: do people still use the spreadsheet? When I find the link again I'll just add myself instead of spamming I guess.

Pejo

So wait - we need to get a Princess drop from Vlad to max out the CE? There aren't enough in the store? dammit....

Still rebuilding my friends list.

818 099 662

Still fairly low level, but I'll do what I can throughout the event. I've got a decent amount of people on my list but the 40AP is a little bit hairy for me. I almost lost support Vlad last time and my back line consists of a level 1 Asterios, low max cost is suffering.

edit: do people still use the spreadsheet? When I find the link again I'll just add myself instead of spamming I guess.

I've sent you a request. My Level 90 max attack Fou Altera with Petit Devil CE should be good for 40AP. Ign is Karasu.

Since I didn't get Tamamo nor Medea Lily, I decided to buy a 10 roll worth of Google Play Prepaid cards.

And then discovered that since the game hasn't been officially released in México, I cannot use prepaid cards to buy quartz, only use a credit card to buy them in USD (despite the price being shown in MXN).

So no buying quartz for me anytime soon...

elty

So wait - we need to get a Princess drop from Vlad to max out the CE? There aren't enough in the store? dammit....

Well the party quest and the 30 AP free quest also drop them. But according to some random poster on reddit, the drop rate is 0.8% on Vlad III story stage, and 0.25% on the 30 AP free quest. So....

0.8% @ 10AP = 1250 AP expected
0.25% @ 30 AP = 12000 AP expected

I did the Vlad III thing and it took me I think 12 golden apple, which is considered bad according to math. Someone at reddit used 16 golden apple though.

https://ff.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/770pbv/farming_halloween_princess_in_main_story/

elty

Since I didn't get Tamamo nor Medea Lily, I decided to buy a 10 roll worth of Google Play Prepaid cards.

And then discovered that since the game hasn't been officially released in México, I cannot use prepaid cards to buy quartz, only use a credit card to buy them in USD (despite the price being shown in MXN).

So no buying quartz for me anytime soon...

Well you can always
1. Create a US based Google account
2. Transfer your code to that account on another device or use the multi user feature thing on Android
3. Buy prepaid Google card in USD online
4. Get salt
5. Transfer the code back

Sounds like too much work to get salty.

Speaking of salt I spent 12 tickets and get nada - no 4* 5* of any thing.

Shinypogs

Sometimes tamamo no mae is clutch with her np drain skill and sometimes it fails even when the enemy isn't buffed to resist it. Naturally it always fails during the worst possible time.

Btw does the Ai have targeting preference? I've seen it bully a specific unit a couple times and have no idea if that was coincidence or if it's programmed to take resist and effective was into account or remaining hp.

elty

Sometimes tamamo no mae is clutch with her np drain skill and sometimes it fails even when the enemy isn't buffed to resist it. Naturally it always fails during the worst possible time.

Btw does the Ai have targeting preference? I've seen it bully a specific unit a couple times and have no idea if that was coincidence or if it's programmed to take resist and effective was into account or remaining hp.

The AI action can be manipulated in some way.. say the AI focus fire killed your main DPS. You can quit the app, reload the turn, use a skill and the AI will behave differently.

convo

I have had good luck with pumpkins on the 40ap stage it seems, i'm just not gunning for the monuments right now. Really just need 9 more for the crystallized lore, it helps that i got two little halloween devil CE's on the rate up. Does Max LBing the CE's still do nothing for the drops?

XiaNaphryz

I have had good look with pumpkins on the 40ap stage it seems, i'm just not gunning for the monuments right now. Really just need 9 more for the crystallized lore, it helps that i got two little halloween devil CE's on the rate up. Does Max LBing the CE's still do nothing for the drops?

I've gotten decent luck with the pumpkin drops as well.

And yes, LBing the CE's doesn't affect drop rate.

Articalys

Pumpkins are also the most efficient way to get Petit Cakes (via trade) and you need tons of those. So those potential extra pumpkins aren't wasted.
I suppose so... should I still buy another Maid CE (so I can use three of my own to get more bats plus a pumpkin support) or is running one Devil. two Maid, three Jack-o'-lantern (to be swapped out for Princesses as I get them) and saving the pumpkins towards the Lore/monuments/trading the best strategy?

I suppose so... should I still buy another Maid CE (so I can use three of my own to get more bats plus a pumpkin support) or is running one Devil. two Maid, three Jack-o'-lantern (to be swapped out for Princesses as I get them) and saving the pumpkins towards the Lore/monuments/trading the best strategy?

Going by my own drops I think 2 Maids and three Princesses would be better because buying out the shop requires 2200 candles. I haven't done the math though.

Shinypogs

The AI action can be manipulated in some way.. say the AI focus fire killed your main DPS. You can quit the app, reload the turn, use a skill and the AI will behave differently.

I'd feel bad doing that, though I understand why some people would. I was just curious if the Ai had known attack priorities I should be taking into account more often.

I'd feel bad doing that, though I understand why some people would. I was just curious if the Ai had known attack priorities I should be taking into account more often.

Attack priorities are only a very recent introduction on the JP servers. We won't be seeing anything like that for a while.

kewlmyc

So people are just doing the 40AP? Have the people doing the 40AP only already gotten Princess to drop on 30AP or are they not bothering with that?

Shinypogs

That skill only has a 100% chance when you get it to level 10.
I'm sorta shocked they let you get 100 percent accuracy but it is locked behind a tonne of grinding. More often then not she comes through but every time she fails someone dies to an enemy servant np. Mind you part of that is my fault for having an underleveled team.

Pejo

So people are just doing the 40AP? Have the people doing the 40AP only already gotten Princess to drop on 30AP or are they not bothering with that?

I'm stuck in 30AP hell for now. I had no idea until today that you had to get a princess drop. Fate G/O's events may be some of the worst from a confusion angle.

XiaNaphryz

I just bought a Princess from the shop and didn't bother too much with the 30 AP. If I get enough drops to buy out the shop of everything, sure I may go back to 30 so I can try to get a drop to LB stuff. But I'm getting enough pumpkin drops so far that I'm doing ok.

Moonlight

Banned
I'm sorta shocked they let you get 100 percent accuracy but it is locked behind a tonne of grinding. More often then not she comes through but every time she fails someone dies to an enemy servant np. Mind you part of that is my fault for having an underleveled team.
100% isn't actually guaranteed when you factor in enemy debuff resistances. It's why a lot of skills actually have higher than 100% chances to proc.

Still a nice tool to have in your kit if you need it, but not amazing either. For Tamamo, everything is about Fox Wedding.

chrono01

Drops are set when the mission starts. You can reset by withdrawing from the mission if the pumpkin king doesn't drop a gold chest, but that also wastes the 30 AP. If you are planning on doing that, Try to kill both Hassan and the pumpkin king, since Hassan has a chance to drop a Maid in Halloween CE (which is definitely worth 3 pumpkins).

I have decent luck with the pumpkin droppings After 5 guerilla quests and some 40 AP, sitting at a nice 35 pumpkins and a Maid in halloween CE drop. Would trade all that for Tamamo of course, but I guess the cat loves me (got 2 TamaCat during the rolls) and not the fox =(

It's just a waste of AP backing out tbh, I wouldn't recommend it.
Thanks guys, I'll try doing that but yeah, probably won't reset it more than a few times. As T-Rex said, that spent AP. :(

Slashlen

I've been doing 40AP but recently switched to clearing out the guerilla quests. Still working on my last Maid CE. I'll probably start clearing party quests after that but I haven't decided if I'll grind 40 or 30 long term. I want to limit break the Halloween Princess CE, but I may just wait for Atalante, I think she's supposed to have a good drop rate.

chrono01

I've been doing 40AP but recently switched to clearing out the guerilla quests. Still working on my last Maid CE. I'll probably start clearing party quests after that but I haven't decided if I'll grind 40 or 30 long term. I want to limit break the Halloween Princess CE, but I may just wait for Atalante, I think she's supposed to have a good drop rate.
Oh, really? If so, I might do the same.

I just got my first 20 pumpkins this morning, so I grabbed my first Maid CE. I'm debating now whether to continue farming 30AP for the Princess CE or start on 40AP. I really...really need this CE max LB'd, since I'm in desperate need of NP-related CE (having had poor luck with the gacha), and considering I haven't had much luck in the past with 5* CE drops from events, I'm a little concerned. :(

Grazzt

I just got my first 20 pumpkins this morning, so I grabbed my first Maid CE. I'm debating now whether to continue farming 30AP for the Princess CE or start on 40AP. I really...really need this CE max LB'd, since I'm in desperate need of NP-related CE (having had poor luck with the gacha), and considering I haven't had much luck in the past with 5* CE drops from events, I'm a little concerned. :(

Farm 40AP for pumpkins first. Once you get 3 copies of maid, start farming 30AP to maximize the drops. You can get the remaining pumpkin from guerrilla quests.
For the last copy of princess, if you don't get one from 30AP quest, just wait till Atlante party quests drop. Repeat the quest until she drops the CE.

Slashlen

I saw it in this guide I found on reddit(very bottom): https://imgur.com/a/BuOCE I'll probably wait for the sheet to get populated with actual odds before I try that trick.

chrono01

Farm 40AP for pumpkins first. Once you get 3 copies of maid, start farming 30AP to maximize the drops. You can get the remaining pumpkin from guerrilla quests.
For the last copy of princess, if you don't get one from 30AP quest, just wait till Atlante party quests drop. Repeat the quest until she drops the CE.

I saw it in this guide I found on reddit(very bottom): https://imgur.com/a/BuOCE I'll probably wait for the sheet to get populated with actual odds before I try that trick.
Thanks, sounds like a plan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom