• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like a complete fool but I'm going to burn every last one of those summon tickets trying to get myself a Lancelot. I wouldn't be so desperate if there was any other Berserker class servant I particularly liked that will be available within the next year but there's not. Heracles is okay just for being the original berser-car and really effective. I'd definitely use him if I get him one day, but Lancelot is my goal.

Yeah i understand that feeling. Game is a lot more fun when you are using your favourites instead of generic strong Servant X. I'm not sure how much you have played, but you could consider rerolling just to guarantee the Lancelot, should be fairly fast since its a 4* on rate up with the starting quartz, and 1/2 AP daily will probably catch you up pretty quickly. That said, having to grind everything again is a lot of effort and I totally understand not doing that.

Has anyone here played Fate/Extella and is it fun? Its coming out on the switch and many of the F/GO characters are inside, so I'm thinking of picking it up for extra back story.

T-Rex.

Banned
Has anyone here played Fate/Extella and is it fun? Its coming out on the switch and many of the F/GO characters are inside, so I'm thinking of picking it up for extra back story.
I don't particularly like musou games and find them to be incredibly boring, but I love Extella. It's not incredible or anything, but the story is fun, the characters are great, and it's cool playing as the servants.

Mupod

More tickets for the pile I guess.

10,000 FP will be nice. Maybe I can finally get Medea.

Before I remembered they do this kind of announcement in-game I looked at their facebook (why do they use facebook...?) and saw they only just now made a post about the free 4*. I was very confused, for a second I thought they'd let us pick another one...

Umbooki

It's a solid musou. Characters have personality and the story does a good job of making you care about them. Gameplay is the standard musou action, but it moves really fast, especially when it comes to navigating the different fields.

Fate/Extella made me care about Altera and I'm someone that doesn't really mess with the Fate portion of the Nasuverse.

Mupod

I never quite finished Fate/Extra but despite hating its battle system I tried to stick it out because I liked the plot and characters a great deal.

Since I'm firmly back in Fate mode, Extella is definitely on my radar for the Steam release although it's kinda pricey here. I've never played a musou game but if the story is on par with Extra (?) I'd be fine. From what I understand it's not a direct sequel and kind of a tangential/alternate universe thing. I've also been warned that there's a lot more Nero than Tamamo, I guess I can live with that even if it's not optimal.

RSchmitz

Is there a console/pc game with a battle system similar to FGO?
I remember a DBZ rpg from the snes that was pretty similar, you pick cards and such. Is there anything else like it?

Ala Alba

Good luck with that. I need 2 Saber, 3 Lancer and 4 Archer to ascend Jeanne, and I can say Saber Monuments are the easiest to get, from my experience at least.

Only 2 more Lancer monuments here. I can only hope I get them before the day runs out (and I have to wait for next time).

Zafir

Good luck with that. I need 2 Saber, 3 Lancer and 4 Archer to ascend Jeanne, and I can say Saber Monuments are the easiest to get, from my experience at least.

I just ascended my Jeanne for a third time this morning. Lancer ones were the hardest to come by for me. Kept giving me pieces instead, which I don't even need considering my only lancer is Cu and he requires claws of chaos as well iirc.

Only 1 Saber and 1 Lancer so far. I still need all 5 Archer.
Is today the only day for grind for those in the daily? It's going to be horrible grinding for them once the half AP promo ends...

Basoes

Only 1 Saber and 1 Lancer so far. I still need all 5 Archer.
Is today the only day for grind for those in the daily? It's going to be horrible grinding for them once the half AP promo ends...

alot of events have them that you can buy with special currency, but who knows how long it will be for one of those to come

Umbooki

I'm a big dummy, so I'm changing course and ascending Saber (Alter) for a third time. I just need those Claws of Chaos and I'll be golden.

Altera/Atilla would be my priority, but I don't see any horseshoes coming my way anytime soon.

Basoes

I'm a big dummy, so I'm changing course and ascending Saber (Alter) for a third time. I just need those Claws of Chaos and I'll be golden.

Altera/Atilla would be my priority, but I don't see any horseshoes coming my way anytime soon.

Saber Alter would be a good choice this early in the game where aoe damage comes a long way

Umbooki

Saber Alter would be a good choice this early in the game where aoe damage comes along way
She's been awesome so far, but I'm thirsty for more servant progression. Outside of bond levels, it would be awesome to see another cosmetic change.

Now if only her animations weren't so basic...

Basoes

She's been awesome so far, but I'm thirsty for more servant progression. Outside of bond levels, it would be awesome to see another cosmetic change.

Now if only her animations weren't so basic...

servants only have a cosmetic change every first and third ascension so she'll change on her next

elty

alot of events have them that you can buy with special currency, but who knows how long it will be for one of those to come

Looking at the wiki it seems that every 2 months or so? Except not every event has items for every class - I think the next one has no caster piece for instance.

Pejo

Progress is coming slowly. Got Altera to level 70 last night. Going to try to farm enough Chimera claw things to get Cu up to level 50 at least. Gil and Vlad look to be stuck at level 60 until we get better ways to farm their ascension mats. I hope we get a real event soon, just for the ascension stuff.

New login bonuses are solid. To the hoard they go.

My next goal is to get Cu ascended a few times. At least those materials are grindable in-game.

mellow

ascended a bunch of low lvl servants so I could scrape together another 30 SQ to summon for Gil but I guess I'll wait to see if I can get incredibly lucky from these free tickets first

Mupod

spent 1 ticket on gil banner to see if I was 'that guy'. Got a reminder that I am not. I can actually maybe use this black key though. My severe lack of CEs is likely gonna be the main annoyance as I hoard for months.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Yessss, more tickets. Gotta hoard them all.

Got tired of QP farming so I'm joining in on the ascension mat farming. I was going to complain about the lack of lancer monuments just a while ago, but as soon as that thought entered my mind, I got two in a row.

Got you both added. d(^_^)v
Thank you. ^___^

OVDRobo

Ascended my Gil and boosted him to level 60 despite only using him once up until now. I guess at least the people on my friends list will be happy, though they seem to be using my newly level 70 Artoria the most. I can see why. She's a solid spot filler with 12k HP, party-wide attack buffs and being able to hit 20k+ on a single buster card with all buffs and enemy weakness.

Is there a list anywhere of servants that got animation updates that we don't have yet? Emiya's animations are really great and I'm starting to miss Cu's animations from my JP account.

I don't mind the stock animations if they're on 3* characters but some of the rarer characters using generic animations is a bit of a downer.

Pejo

Ascended my Gil and boosted him to level 60 despite only using him once up until now. I guess at least the people on my friends list will be happy, though they seem to be using my newly level 70 Artoria the most. I can see why. She's a solid spot filler with 12k HP, party-wide attack buffs and being able to hit 20k+ on a single buster card with all buffs and enemy weakness.

Is there a list anywhere of servants that got animation updates that we don't have yet? Emiya's animations are really great and I'm starting to miss Cu's animations from my JP account.

I don't mind the stock animations if they're on 3* characters but some of the rarer characters using generic animations is a bit of a downer.

I just found out that 3* Cu gets animation updates down the road, this made me extremely happy since we'll never get a 4 or 5 star version of lancer Cu.

Ala Alba

Updates NA has: Altria, Gilgamesh, Vlad III, Jeanne, Nero, and Emiya.

Older JP updates: Medea, Cu (Lancer Original), Medusa, Liz, Saber Alter, and Robin.

Most recent JP updates: D'Eon and Heracles.

This excludes servants that NA doesn't have yet.

Kenai

New mission: get more friends with Kaleidoscope Vlads (other than chrono's old account).

Your day is not complete without Kazikli Bey.

I wish I had a Kaledioscope for my Vlad. My friends will have to settle for Divine Banquet for a while tho, Iskandar needs SQ.

Mupod

New mission: get more friends with Kaleidoscope Vlads (other than chrono's old account).

Your day is not complete without Kazikli Bey.

I sure don't have a Kaleidoscope but my Rad Vlad seems to work just fine with Projection (+arts effectiveness). On the last wave of any 40AP EXP stage he generally kills two hands in the first turn with plenty of overkill. With Waver support he sometimes does that on the first or second stage too.

I need to sort out my friend requests at some point, and figure out who is GAF on there. But I'm on the google doc and have a 70 Vlad with plenty of Fou pumped into him.

Moonlight

Banned
Complaining on GAF helped apparently. Right after I ran into a few Altria. Only one gave me a monument though, lol.

Also hit level 60 and that feels like a nice milestone. Though it's still not quite halfway to level-cap.

Does anyone use my Acct at all? I'm Iris.

I think your list was full when I applied after rerolling.

--

So, after all day grinding, I need only 1 Archer Monument. Too bad the game seems to know it and now it won't spawn Archers nor Gil in the daily, and with only a couple hours left, I don't think I'll get it today.

Maybe complaining here will work? Seems to have worked with others...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom