• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wishlist:

Nero
Sakura Saber
Kiyohime (Lancer)
Elisabeth Bathory [Brave]
MHX Alter
Astolfo
Jeanne d'Arc Alter Santa Lily
BB
Xuanzang Sanzang

Aka I'm crazy.

Sciel

having more than one waifu will destroy your laifu. Literally in this case, you'd go broke trying to get that roster.

the only thing that would make me spend quartz before Halloween would be if they bring out swimsuit Tamamo early. If not, then I'll save after I get Tamamo.

After I've achieved my fluffy tail goals I can start thinking about what to save for. I'd probably just focus on getting strong characters like Merlin, Jeanne Alter etc. But that's a ways down the line assuming I keep playing indefinitely.
Unfortunately I dont have Unlimited Wallet Works so i would be happy with one or two or them lol.

Zafir

The only thing I was that desperate to get from this years 5* releases was Gil and I managed to get him, so I'm pretty happy really.

Next unit I do really want is probably Iskandar. Or maybe Jeanne Alter. I think both come out around the same time though. Do want Alter Cu too but again, comes out around the same time period. I guess on the plus side I've got a lot of time to save up until then.

OVDRobo

Lancelot isn't even that good and you shouldn't be complaining about getting a Servant who is still 9.0 on the meme tier list with a less than 1% chance pull rate and no one actually knows how much less than 1%.

Sorry. It probably comes across as obnoxious to anyone who really wanted Gil but didn't get him.

I just don't like him and prefer to use characters I like over those that are the most effective in gacha games. Keeps things interesting whenever they add new characters that don't redefine the game's balance. I'm mostly frustrated that I hit whatever the odds were to get Gil when all I wanted from my pulls was a 4* servant. Particularly when other people that really wanted him didn't get him. I'll probably upgrade him and keep him set as a friend unit but I personally won't get much use out of him.

Once this banner's over and done with, I'm going to have to stockpile my quartz for Mysterious Heroine X. She's pretty much the only servant that I'm willing to spend money for if necessary but I'll do everything I can to avoid that. Funnily enough, despite liking but not being completely crazy over Saber (Artoria) like some people, my wishlist also has a lot of saberfaces. I suppose that's a byproduct of them slapping a saberface on so many significant historical figures.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Still have a few slots open on my Friend List (Waver/Gilgamesh/Heracles/Marie/Lily Saber).

ID: 703,331,943

Accepting anyone, but if your GAF name differs from what's in-game (or you don't have your name on the Google Doc so I can reference) just make a post here so I know to invite you. :)

Sent a friend request.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
That seems out of date since he's dropped to 8.0 on the current version of the list: http://appmedia.jp/fategrandorder/93558

Still pretty good, though. Heracles remains a perfect 10 but Cat is all the way down at 6.5.

Exactly. An 8 after 2 years of releases is pretty good to me, and, as someone pointed out, there's not a lot better than him right now and for the foreseeable future. He generates so many crit stars.

Yall farming so hard... wowee.

Yeah, I honestly think just grinding level account XP is the best way to go, either doing the EXP daily or the QP daily. It's not like there's difficult content that we cannot complete without ascending our dudes. :)

Mupod

right now I'm just trying to level every servant I have. Since interludes seem to unlock after the first ascension, I might as well get myself ready. Although since I'm not spending Quartz it's not like I've got many to worry about.

I've heard talk of spamming the 15AP exp daily to get 5000 mana prisms for a QP-boosting craft essence later. But that's waaaayyy too much mindless grind for me.

Azusa

I've heard talk of spamming the 15AP exp daily to get 5000 mana prisms for a QP-boosting craft essence later. But that's waaaayyy too much mindless grind for me.

Not 15ap but 30ap (ok, its 15ap now with 1/2ap event). But yeah its a grind but its optional and in my opinion is not needed at all. If you have a little time or you just have nothing else to do in game you can just quickly run few 30ap exp daily until you are out of AP and carry on with your day. I do that every time when I'm not in the mood to do anything else in the game.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
There will also be a bond point boosting CE that costs 5000 (limit breaks included).

But seriously? FGO has the best husbandos.

Still early days, but I can't complain much.

qtKNaXm.jpg

bMHwcJU.jpg

Mupod

I wonder if there's any chance that they'd run the original 2016 summer event for NA this year. It'd be out of order and we don't have the 'normal' versions of some of the featured characters yet, but still. Swimsuits.

on that note I should probably get off my ass and figure out how the emulator works and create some alt accounts during this launch window thing, in order to have some backup accounts to reroll with. I've put a lot of grind into my current one but it can't hurt to hedge my bets.

RSchmitz

I want to farm some Herc mats, but also don´t want to do anything besides dailies since they´re half ap...

I have almost 1000 mp already though.

elty

So if you are unfortunately enough to roll a 6th SSR for 10 times, you can pick Gil for free! How generous!

Does JP has any gurantee like Granblue?

So if you are unfortunately enough to roll a 6th SSR for 10 times, you can pick Gil for free! How generous!

Well, to be fair, that's better than having an extra 5* that you're not going to use at all because you have one maxed out...

jonjonaug

Very rarely (I think only on the New Years 2016 and 2017 events) there will be a 10x summon that will guarantee at least one 5 star Servant, but only with paid quartz and it can only be done once per event.

pahamrick

Very rarely (I think only on the New Years 2016 and 2017 events) there will be a 10x summon that will guarantee at least one 5 star Servant, but only with paid quartz and it can only be done once per event.

And even with the paid quartz, the bonus quartz counts as free so you're not able to just buy something like the $24.99 pack and have enough for the pull (That's slightly evil.)

I guess that registers less for me because if you actually are gonna buy quartz anyway, why not go for the option that gives you the most bang for the buck (aka the most expensive one)

Quonny

If I'm ever going to buy Quartz it's going to be that $80 one. The amount of """""""""free""""""""" Quartz you get from that tier is pretty nuts.

Yay got gil with my first 10x roll after the free tutorial 10x. I'm satisfied with my Jeanne and Gil team.

I hope he calls me a filthy mongrel on my birthday.

Kenai

My wishlist is:

-Iskandar
-
-
-
-
-
-
-Another Iskandar for NP+
-A better 4* or 5* Saber
-Better 5* Craft Essenses

I would kinda like a better Lancer too but a merged Cu is fine for the foreseeable future, especially since there aren't many Lancers rated very high.

Someone on reddit provided some data on the rate-ups and the chance of you not getting a rate-up Servant is ~36%.

Based on my experience in games like XCOM (God damn rookies), that's a pretty significant chance to still get screwed.

So you're saying I should bump up my planned Iskandar cache of 300 SQ to 450? The struggle is really, really real Q_Q

elty

450 SQ then another $450 USD as backup sounds like a fair plan.

edit: this still has a ~12% chance of failing. So maybe 900 USD as backup.

Mupod

150 pulls worth of quartz and tickets combined was my goal for Tamamo. I have no idea if that's possible by Halloween, but I'm well past a third of the way there and I've got lots of story/interludes to do. I'll have a better sense of it once I've cleared the available story stuff, but I assume we'll have Okeanos by October.

Not against spending money but I will wait for the guaranteed 5* gacha to do so.

RSchmitz

Is there a master level cap?
I really want to lvl to at least 150 ap or so, so I can have a better buffer between play sessions.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a master level cap?
I really want to lvl to at least 150 ap or so, so I can have a better buffer between play sessions.
Right now the master level cap is 130, which you can see on your master profile.

I downloaded the Japanese version just to check out and was surprised to see 140 AP at level 1. I wonder when we'll get that.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Tbh the AP costs of some of the maps seem way out of whack. 40 AP for one EXP run is pretty high.

Question about grail economy:

Does it matter at which point I use grail on servant ascension wise ?

As F2P I can mostly count for a few 5* servants at best - would it be good idea to spend 2 grails each on Elizabeth and Emiya to get their level cap to match 5* servants ?

Question about grail economy:

Does it matter at which point I use grail on servant ascension wise ?

As F2P I can mostly count for a few 5* servants at best - would it be good idea to spend 2 grails each on Elizabeth and Emiya to get their level cap to match 5* servants ?

First of all, you can't even use a grail until someone is at fully-ascended max level. You'll have plenty of time to figure out if someone is worth it.

Second, one grail is only good for two levels. You would need five grails to get a 4* to level 90.

Third, why not go for level 100 (which even 5*s will need five grails for)?

jonjonaug

First of all, you can't even use a grail until someone is at fully-ascended max level. You'll have plenty of time to figure out if someone is worth it.

Second, one grail is only good for two levels. You would need five grails to get a 4* to level 90.

Third, why not go for level 100 (which even 5*s will need five grails for)?

This isn't quite accurate. When Grail ascending, keep the following points in mind.

1. Grail ascending will raise the max level of a Servant by 5 at a time up to level 90, at which point it will raise the level by two at a time. An exception is made for one star Servants, which will jump directly from 60 to 70 and then +5 levels at a time thereafter.
2. Grail Ascension levels work differently than the level curve of normal levels. Different Servants will experience stat growth in differing ways, but past their usual max level all stat growth is linear.
3. Stat growth is also typically greater past the limit than usual, this effect is more pronounced the fewer stars a Servant has.

Basically the point of grail ascension is to make your Servants with fewer stars more useful at very high level play. Or if you're a whale and/or have EX rank luck you can power up your 5 stars to even higher levels.

1. Grail ascending will raise the max level of a Servant by 5 at a time up to level 90, at which point it will raise the level by two at a time. An exception is made for one star Servants, which will jump directly from 60 to 70 and then +5 levels at a time thereafter.

Thanks for clarifying. I got confused when I put a 5* in Palingenesis just now and saw "60/62" as the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom