• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

elty

I need the monster materials from today's daily...but given the drop-rates, and not getting the specific classes I need right now, I think I'll just stick with farming XP cards and burning them, as I'll need something like 5k Mana Prism by New Year's so I can fully LB Da Vinci's 5* CE.

My AP feels like a waste otherwise, since I'm having such horrible luck with the material drops. At least this way, I'm guaranteed to see some worth out of it.

The material drop is horrible. Mana prism is much better.

chrono01

The material drop is horrible. Mana prism is much better.
Yeah, exactly. I'm all for farming materials, but with the drop-rates as they are (as well as the knowledge that better dailies will eventually be incorporated that lessens the grind a bit), I think I'll wait it out and continue farming Mana Prism.

It's not like we NEED evolved Servants right now, as much as I'd like them. When we do, we should (hopefully) have the fixed dailies to fall back on.

x-Lundz-x

Lol just now figure out I needed to remove mash from my support all slot and put Altera in my all so she shows up to my friends. Sigh lol.

Not bad, used up an AP bar and ended up with 5 Dragon Fangs from the 5 AP daily. At this rate, Lizzy will be ascending in a few days.

It's so nice of Gil to give us mongrels 7 summon tickets. What a great King. Too bad I would probably pull 7 Black Keys with mine so I don't think I'll be using them.

OVDRobo

Did the final 10-pull be able to afford on this banner and although I didn't get my Lancelot in the end I got a Kaleidoscope. I can't complain about this. I'm sure I'll get Lancelot one day and it's one of the best CEs.

I've put it on my NP5 Lu Bu for now since I probably don't have any other servants that can use it as effectively without downsides.

I got another Cu with my ticket. Thanks Gil.

Articalys

Not bad, used up an AP bar and ended up with 5 Dragon Fangs from the 5 AP daily. At this rate, Lizzy will be ascending in a few days.

It's so nice of Gil to give us mongrels 7 summon tickets. What a great King. Too bad I would probably pull 7 Black Keys with mine so I don't think I'll be using them.
ol2nmiN.jpg

I used mine for today and actually did get one of the keys, so you probably made the right call.

After tomorrow's, I'll save the rest. I had 5 tickets saved beforehand, and I like having things in groups of 5 for some reason, so the rest of the tickets from days 3-7 will give me 10 total to hold onto for a while.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I know there's only like three people translating this game so I don't wanna harp on them too much, but good lord, that Medusa interlude is a mess from top to bottom lol.

I used the summon ticket I got from Gil and pulled Marie so I'm pretty happy with my pulls today.

Nice dude. Time to spam her princess ability and never die.

pahamrick

All I really want is at least 1 Proto Cu, because I dig his outfit.

But I guess if the game just insists on giving me nothing but FSN Cu with both premium and friend pulls, I'll just have to deal with it.

Grinding for those gold mats for his second ascension kinda sucked, but I at least got lucky and managed to get all three after ONLY 320ap total.

Pseudorandom Number Generation is the worst.

I have had 5 Proto Cu for some goddamned reason and only 1 Cu Classic.

Either way, I have plenty of Lancers at this point in Lizzy, Proto Cu, and Cu Classic. My account seems to love Lancers for no good reason, I guess it's because I have E rank Luck. Too bad Vlad was summoned as a Berserker instead of as a Lancer here so I can't add him to my Lancer Collection.

pahamrick

Pseudorandom Number Generation is the worst.

I have had 5 Proto Cu for some goddamned reason and only 1 Cu Classic.

Either way, I have plenty of Lancers at this point in Lizzy, Proto Cu, and Cu Classic. My account seems to love Lancers for no good reason, I guess it's because I have E rank Luck. Too bad Vlad was summoned as a Berserker instead of as a Lancer here so I can't add him to my Lancer Collection.

It's been Sabers and Riders for me.

I figure I'll eventually get my Proto Cu.

Shadic7700

Was saving up for Iskandar....the moment I had thirty quartz my thirst gave in and did a multi only to get a
second Gilgamesh!!!!!
and a new Lancelot so guess I made the right choice lol but now I'm at 0 quarts and I need those snake eyes for Gil :-/

Moonlight

Banned
No, it's a pretty important part of his character that he is explicitly the first and the oldest Heroic Spirit.
I think grammatically 'Oldest King of Heroes' implies that there are other, younger 'kings of heroes'. And it certainly doesn't convey that he's the oldest in general. Unless there are multiple of them, but 'king' seems kind of singular to me, lol

edit: 'Precursor King of Heroes' would work better for that purpose? Just spitballing.

Grazzt

Was saving up for Iskandar....the moment I had thirty quartz my thirst gave in and did a multi only to get a
second Gilgamesh!!!!!
and a new Lancelot so guess I made the right choice lol but now I'm at 0 quarts and I need those snake eyes for Gil :-/
That's some insane luck. Congrats

No, it's a pretty important part of his character that he is explicitly the first and the oldest Heroic Spirit.

The context for 'Oldest' in English implies he's an old man.

A better translation would have been 'Original' as in the 'Original King of Heroes' as he is the original Heroic Spirit and this is why he possesses the original version of all weapon-type Noble Phantasms of all subsequent Heroic Spirits in the Gate of Babylon.

Ephidel

It's really more like we're the world's shittiest bank.
He "gifts" them to us for safekeeping, and then we go and use them.
(Well, I'm in hoarding mode now so I'm not using them, but I still ain't giving them back).

kewlmyc

I have two Imaginary Around Craft Essence (5* Quick Card effectiveness up 25%).

Is it better to keep both, or to use one to raise the level cap of another to level 40?

I have two Imaginary Around Craft Essence (5* Quick Card effectiveness up 25%).

Is it better to keep both, or to use one to raise the level cap of another to level 40?

Generally, I prefer to keep at least 3 of any Essence before limit breaking. If you are making a Quick team, having everyone have +25 is probably better than one person at +25 (with a bit of extra stats)

Azusa

If you cant max CE level cap there is no point in combining them at all. Only at max limit break CE skill is upgraded.

Mupod

did some counting and if I do all my interludes and free quests I should end up at exactly 200 quartz from where I am now, 0 spent outside of my first 10-pull. 10 summon tickets as well.

Goal is 450 SQ worth of summons by October, counting tickets as 3. I don't know if http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Login_Rewards is accurate for NA but based on that I don't have much to worry about, even if they slow the pace at which they've been giving us stuff. And presumably Okeanos will be out by then.

heh, I decided to try just 1 and that's exactly what I got.

Sciel

Wow, i seem to have the devil's luck today.

Did a 10 Pull...and got ZASSHU.

Switched to Fire Emblem Heroes,

Used 20 Quartz,and pulled Sonya + Mathilda.

i'm probably going to hell now.

Qurupeke

And finally got Altria with a crown!

I think I'll pass on the last ascension for now, the reverse Dragon scales are especially troublesome and I need a ton of feathers too. I'll just wait for events.

jonjonaug

Got Liz to level 60 so now I have Vlad/Liz/Emiya all at 60. Everything else from here on out for ascension seems like a real pain in the butt so I'll probably just wait for events to do more.

Mupod

Vlad 70 wasn't so bad because we got one dragon scale for free and I got one from story. So I only had to farm up one more.

Emiya seems like a good choice next since it's just a buttload of proof of hero but I'm in no rush.

I'm actually still looking forward to FP summons because I haven't found a Medea yet, and Cu Chulainn is NP3. I have some 3* craft essences that I need to upgrade as well since I sure as shit won't be getting any 4 or 5 star ones anytime soon. I even found a CE I'd never seen before, one that gives a 1-turn evasion. Seems like it'd be super useful on George with his 3 turn taunt.

Kenai

Vlad 70 wasn't so bad because we got one dragon scale for free and I got one from story. So I only had to farm up one more.

Emiya seems like a good choice next since it's just a buttload of proof of hero but I'm in no rush.

I'm actually still looking forward to FP summons because I haven't found a Medea yet, and Cu Chulainn is NP3. I have some 3* craft essences that I need to upgrade as well since I sure as shit won't be getting any 4 or 5 star ones anytime soon. I even found a CE I'd never seen before, one that gives a 1-turn evasion. Seems like it'd be super useful on George with his 3 turn taunt.

Where did you farm Vlad's 3rd scale? I am adverse to farming for non-exp/prisms atm but I only need one too.

Baalzebup

Where did you farm Vlad's 3rd scale? I am adverse to farming for non-exp/prisms atm but I only need one too.
There seems to be only one option for that. The highest level friday 4-warriors monster hunt. The last phase is either a demon or a dragon and the dragon has a chance to drop it.

Mupod

There seems to be only one option for that. The highest level friday 4-warriors monster hunt. The last phase is either a demon or a dragon and the dragon has a chance to drop it.

yeah that's where I got it. Thankfully the dragon seems to be the final boss most of the time, or at least it was for me. Still took quite a few tries but not anything too ridiculous.

I was going to farm for Dragon Teeth to ascend Martha, but even at 5 AP it feels like I'm not making the most of the half AP event, so I think I'm going to grind for XP until I hit max Lvl and then QP for the rest. But, I know it's really cheap to grind for them at 5 AP a run and I get 100 FP per run, so at the end of a 89 AP bar, I'd get at least 18 tries plus 1800 FP.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
And finally got Altria with a crown!

I think I'll pass on the last ascension for now, the reverse Dragon scales are especially troublesome and I need a ton of feathers too. I'll just wait for events.

I just got enough drops to do her 2nd ascension this morning, I don't even know where to begin for her third, lol.

chrono01

I'm tempted to farm ascension materials, but from what everyone is saying, when we start getting events we'll literally be swimming in them. That's why I'm continuing to farm Mana Prism, as well as more 4* XP cards, that way when I do actually ascend them I'll have no trouble leveling them up. Not only that, Mana Prism will be invaluable later on, so gathering as many as I can during the 1/2 AP event sounds like a good idea.

Here's hoping my plan works out. :/

BTW, I know I've posted this a few times, but feel free to add yourself to the F/GO Friend ID Google Doc I made. We have a handful of people already but can always use more!

Quote this post to see the URL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom