• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.
one of those party members is not like the other

Party I'm not sure the reference you're making. I thought it was boob size since another friend mentioned it but Lizzy and Altera are both flat.

So I guess you mean the supports and EMIYA being the only guy?

If I had a female Archer he wouldn't be there.

weeaboo

Added myself to the list. My FGO name DraggyGAF, but I'll switch it to Draggy after a while since it looks awkward in game.

As for the Mana Prisms vs Mats debate, it probably doesn't really matter as long as you are spending AP. Even the mats aren't dropping, the skill crystals will be of use eventually. And theres only so many 4* EXP cards you can store before your storage is full. I just ascended Martha the second time and used about 45 stored rider XP to level her immediately, which freed up a nice chunk of storage. Have a ton of Lancer XP lying around, but no lancers to use them on, Cu and Leonidas are already sitting pretty at 1 ascension each waiting for more mats.

Even with the upcoming Nero Fest, I don't think I can get enough Claw of Chaos. Altera wants 6, Martha wants 3, Cu wants 3 X( I really hope that event drop rate is good

I love your Altera, thanks <3

Quonny

Emiya, Waver, and Cu though...

1452161125531.png

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I always find farming for mats inefficient. Maybe it's the JP influence but the events and other quests later on drop a ton of mats.

Hubb

Why wouldn't you do the QP daily instead of XP daily? Or maybe I'm not understanding.

Sorry went to sleep. I actually do 1 EXP daily and then 1 QP daily and keep doing that over and over again. That way I can farm QP and mana prisms. I know I am going to need both of them, so why not.

I got nothing worthwhile with the 10000 FP, but I got Lancelot with my Free Ticket.
I think Gil wants me to add a Berserker of my own to my team, as I've gotten Tamamo Cat, Heracles and Lancelot with either the tickets or the increased chance 10 pull, but I always end up using a Support Vlad because it's the only one that really fits in my Arts team.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Why wouldn't you do the QP daily instead of XP daily? Or maybe I'm not understanding.

XP daily for burning the EXP cards for prisms.

On a different note, Altria's 2nd interlude was a bitch to get through, even with a lvl 92 Jeanne support, but I managed:

3cqgLscl.jpg

It's a recommended lvl 70 mission, got through the first 2 rounds of 3 waves fine using l70 Waver supports, but the final boss I got through about 2/3rds to 3/4ths of its health down before wiping and had to use all my Command Spells to revive and finish it. Team was l70 Altria, l60 Emiya, l92 Jeanne support, l50 Herc, l50 Laneclot, l40 Mash.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Unless you're using the +HP or +ATK, the same class bonus in EXP is rather negligible, as it is not that big of a bonus to not use XP cards from other classes.

Yeah, in some games you get a 50% bonus. Here, the bonus is so small that I don't even bother any more. I just feed all gold cards to whoever needs them.

Pejo

Gold Member
Man the drop rate sucks on these ascension monster materials. Just give me one more stupid dragon wing already.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
well I am officially gacha'ed out on summons.. after $240 all I have to show is Atalante to Lv4 NP, Zerkalot to Lv 2 NP, Vlad and Emiya. Zerkalot, and Jeanne I got with rerolling. Herc I got for the free grab. Obviously that doesn't count CE.. but CE value is objectively even lower than the summons.

funny thing is I really enjoy the game.. and will keep playing. But you are literally a moron for spending money on this (yes I am a moron). Or you have immense disposable income. I am at roughly 160 pulls post-Jeanne (i.e. post reroll) and I've gotten one 5*, 4 duplicate 4*, and two other 4*.

So frustrated.

commish

well I am officially gacha'ed out on summons.. after $240 all I have to show is Atalante to Lv4 NP, Zerkalot to Lv 2 NP, Vlad and Emiya. Zerkalot, and Jeanne I got with rerolling. Herc I got for the free grab. Obviously that doesn't count CE.. but CE value is objectively even lower than the summons.

funny thing is I really enjoy the game.. and will keep playing. But you are literally a moron for spending money on this (yes I am a moron). Or you have immense disposable income. I am at roughly 160 pulls post-Jeanne (i.e. post reroll) and I've gotten one 5*, 4 duplicate 4*, and two other 4*.

So frustrated.

I'm with you. I hear you. I can relate. The rates are so bad, it's painful. I'm guessing the best strategy is to wait for a guaranteed rate up when it comes to spending money.

I have to say that, as someone with Atalanta NP 3, I know how shitty it is when you see a golden archer, only to get that jackass again.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
right. I am at... umm.. almost 500 quartz. :\ my "odds" should have been like 66% by now. riiiighhhttt....

The number at the left is actually the number of pulls, not quartz. So 500 quartz is roughly 166 total pulls. And yeah, 66% really isn't that great a pull rate.

borghe

you know... I look at that graph and I say "for only $80 more I can get close to a 70% chance?!?!?" and honestly, my previous post stands.. I am gacha'ed out. This is my first experience with that sort of mechanic. and honestly, it fucking sucks. And you are looking at someone that spent:

Hearthstone launch: $500+
Overwatch launch $350+
Star Wars Destiny CCG packs ~$400 per expansion

The difference being, that in each of those you are never left with literally nothing after spending money. Worst case, you are left with in-game currency to by what you want (or the CCG, physical items to trade/sell for the items you want)

Here that's the frustrating part. $80 later and you have shit, and literally nothing of value to show for it and no way to use it to get anything of value.

Mupod

Graph form:

jesus christ

even if they continue handing out tickets and quartz with regularity, and they get out two story chapters by October, I'm looking at maybe a 70% chance if I spend absolutely nothing until then.

Kind of hard to come up with the will to grind like crazy on this account if I know I have a 30-40% chance that I'll have to restart anyways.

you know... I look at that graph and I say "for only $80 more I can get close to a 70% chance?!?!?" and honestly, my previous post stands.. I am gacha'ed out. This is my first experience with that sort of mechanic. and honestly, it fucking sucks. And you are looking at someone that spent:

Fire Emblem Heroes taught me my gacha lessons and that probably ended up being cheaper than learning them here. And yeah, while I'm fine with supporting the game it feels like absolute dog shit to spend money and get nothing, so I'll wait on the guaranteed 5*.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
you know... I look at that graph and I say "for only $80 more I can get close to a 70% chance?!?!?" and honestly, my previous post stands.. I am gacha'ed out.
Yeah, definitely don't look at the numbers and think "oh I'll just spend $X more for Y% chance". If you spend anything at all on a gacha game, set a limit and stick with it. Even if you do get what you want by spending more than planned, you're probably going to feel like crap for caving in.

borghe

Fire Emblem Heroes taught me my gacha lessons and that probably ended up being cheaper than learning them here. And yeah, while I'm fine with supporting the game it feels like absolute dog shit to spend money and get nothing, so I'll wait on the guaranteed 5*.

see that's what killlllllsssss me.. I am 100% about paying for f2p games that I enjoy. it's what made dropping money in Hearthstone and Overwatch perfectly fine (I also dropped serious money on Marvel Heroes and some on DC Universe Online)

So it's like I am fine giving them money.. because I enjoy the game.. it just sucks to basically get not much at all back from it beyond what the much smarter folks get who are paying nothing for it.

commish

see that's what killlllllsssss me.. I am 100% about paying for f2p games that I enjoy. it's what made dropping money in Hearthstone and Overwatch perfectly fine (I also dropped serious money on Marvel Heroes and some on DC Universe Online)

So it's like I am fine giving them money.. because I enjoy the game.. it just sucks to basically get not much at all back from it beyond what the much smarter folks get who are paying nothing for it.

Yeah, I've played many gacha over the years, and all of them do it a bit differently. My biggest gacha problem is when I give them money and then have absolutely nothing to show for it. It's incredibly frustrating. With FGO, at least, I think that you can complete all content no matter what you get from your pulls. Other gacha basically require certain uber units in order to compete, so if you don't get them, then you're behind the curve. Can drive me crazy.

Luckily here, there's no competing between players, and you can always use a good unit of a friend. We shouldn't feel the need to pull or spend money on pulls, because no unit is "needed". But if it's someone you want, then you basically have to accept the fact that you won't get them, and be pleasantly surprised if you do.

Luckily here, there's no competing between players, and you can always use a good unit of a friend. We shouldn't feel the need to pull or spend money on pulls, because no unit is "needed". But if it's someone you want, then you basically have to accept the fact that you won't get them, and be pleasantly surprised if you do.

I always thought people will spend more if they don't feel forced to do it.

Hubb

I would be fine giving them (and other f2p games) money, but they've made it obvious that I am not there target audience. I'm sure a bunch of people got together and decided this was the best way to get the most amount of money possible, but they won't be getting mine. Ok, that isn't totally true because I will probably buy a roll when they have the 5* event thing.

kayos90

I've been reading a lot of posts here and seeing a common misconception about 4*s. 4* CEs are useless but 4* Servants are almost always useful. They also have a low pull rate as well sitting at 3% so for those of you who feel like they're not getting 5* and things are really shitty, it's not as bad as you think.

Hubb

I've been reading a lot of posts here and seeing a common misconception about 4*s. 4* CEs are useless but 4* Servants are almost always useful. They also have a low pull rate as well sitting at 3% so for those of you who feel like they're not getting 5* and things are really shitty, it's not as bad as you think.

I mean, that is a nice sentiment and all but it is meaningless to me. I will only speak for myself when I say I don't care about *numbers. All Gacha (and SRPGs for that matter), I always go with characters I like vs OP characters. So it is awesome that I can finish the story with a 1*, or that a 3* might be more powerful than a 5*. All I really care about are getting the characters I like/want regardless of their * number.

Sadly in this type of game, specially with these draw rates that won't happen. So if I can get 2 or 3 characters I like I will call that a victory.

commish

I mean, that is a nice sentiment and all but it is meaningless to me. I will only speak for myself when I say I don't care about *numbers. All Gacha (and SRPGs for that matter), I always go with characters I like vs OP characters. So it is awesome that I can finish the story with a 1*, or that a 3* might be more powerful than a 5*. All I really care about are getting the characters I like/want regardless of their * number.

Sadly in this type of game, specially with these draw rates that won't happen. So if I can get 2 or 3 characters I like I will call that a victory.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're a guy who passes on the Dennys steak and goes right for the 5* local steakhouse. Am I right?

Hubb

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're a guy who passes on the Dennys steak and goes right for the 5* local steakhouse. Am I right?

If I have the money and know what I am getting, I will gladly spend $$$. If my options are spend $ and more than likely get shit or stay home and make a PBJ, I'll make the PBJ.

kayos90

LMAO

If you're going for the rate up 5* be prepared to spend anywhere from $600-$1200 USD

Hubb

If you're going for the rate up 5* be prepared to spend anywhere from $600-$1200 USD

No, I mean the Special One-Time 5&#9733; Guaranteed Summoning thing. I am prepared to spend $40x2 a year (or more if for some reason they offer is more than 2x a year).

OVDRobo

Anyone know what the rate up percentage on 4 star servants are like (specifically Nero)?

No matter who is on rate-up, you have a 3% chance of drawing a 4* servant. All rate-ups do in this game is make it so if you happen to hit that 3% chance, you're much more likely to get the featured character rather than any other 4*. I still got a Chevalier d'Eon with today's summon ticket on the Gilgamesh banner because evidently I'm lucky enough to hit a 3% rate but then unlucky enough to not get a featured character. While I don't have the specific numbers, just assume that your chances of getting any given character are constantly the most minimal and use the list of upcoming events to plan who you are going to pull for and when... or have deep pockets.

I get where you're coming from and I share the viewpoint that people should use what they like rather than what's the most effective. I don't understand the mindset of using only the most effective characters in games where the main draw is obtaining a wide variety of characters.

The stingier a gacha game is, the more selective you need to be with what you consider a character you like. I personally have a list 4 characters that I absolutely want over the next year and plan to save every resource available for those. Despite this, I already failed to get the first one - Lancelot - because of bad luck and limited resources. As depressing as it is, all you can do is rely on the developers giving us quartz and your own self-control and luck to mitigate your chances of missing out as much as possible. Expect absolutely nothing because this game is merciless when it comes to disappointing you.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
It should be similar to the 5*.
Probably, yeah. So for a single rated up 4*, that's almost 2% for a single summon, around 60% for 50 summons, and just a little above 80% for 100 summons. And this assumes Nero is the only rated up 4*, which seems to be the case for an upcoming banner?

Although these are all just averages in the end, and you're at the mercy of RNG. You could get her in a few tickets or you could go 200 summons and not get her.

Azusa

Yeah. Its almost impossible to get all characters you want. Sad but its a gacha game.

Luckily for me most of my favorite servants are 4* so I have a bit better chances to get them, but some like Ishtar are 5* T_T

Strimei

Out of curiosity, what historical, heroic, or mythical figure do you all want to see in FGO at some point?

I was thinking Hannibal as a Rider seems like it should happen. I mean, elephants, come on.

Also let's throw in alternate versions of heroes we already have. I'm kinda stunned we have yet to see any version of Herc besides Berserker. Dude can be 6 of the 7 core classes (can't be a caster). I'd love to see him as something else, especially Archer, because of how his Nine Lives NP changes depending on what he's using. For example, the original version he used on the hydra, with a bow, involves shooting 9 dragon-type homing lasers at the same time. So much cooler than what he has now (though to be fair, its a lot of hard hitting swings really quick, and in some versions he can do it 100 times in a second so...nothing to sneeze at).

Out of curiosity, what historical, heroic, or mythical figure do you all want to see in FGO at some point?

Hmm, I think Napoleon, Qin Shi Huang, and Morgan Le Fay would be cool. Mulan would make a great Saberface. And France/China/Camelot are all established areas with existing heroes so its not too much of a stretch.

On another note, was planning to monument farm today, when my second run got me 3!!! Saber monuments. I don't know the odds on that but its probably lower than the odds of drawing a rate up 5* on a single summon ticket. RNG is weird like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom