• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managed to finally get 2nd Ascension for first servant (Emiya) would be nice if they rotated proof of heroes daily reward to something else.

Strimei

I know what they're for, I just wanted to say I never got something worthwhile with those, but then again, emphasis is on "gacha" here.

I don't know what Summon Tickets are for, I only get trash with those...

I mean...

That aside, yeah you're not likely to get anything big with it. Only thing going for it is its from the premium pool so there's a chance but its really miniscule.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I know what they're for, I just wanted to say I never got something worthwhile with those, but then again, emphasis is on "gacha" here.

They're for testing your fate with the RNG gods.

I pulled an Altria with a ticket,
which is how I ended up with a NP2 with her. I expect nothing but 3* CEs from ticket pulls from now til forever.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
They're for testing your fate with the RNG gods.

I pulled an Altria with a ticket,
which is how I ended up with a NP2 with her. I expect nothing but 3* CEs from ticket pulls from now til forever.

Wow. You got unlucky. Weren't you aiming for AUO?

Looking at JP Altria tier went all the way from 9.0 to 3.5 That's some very steep drop.

You could sort of predict that just from her kind of vanilla design. Hits hard, but that's it.

The new standard for 5* sabers seems to be both hitting hard and getting something else on the side.

Strimei

At least from my experience in GBF, seems natural for there to be power creep and all with later characters being stronger and having better kits.

Though wouldn't entirely surprise me to see updates either, especially to one like Arturia.

I will never use Altria, I refuse!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I will never use Altria, I refuse!

You will when they finally put in Gothic Lolita Battle Maid Waitress Altria who ends up super broken OP.

z8wFU0x.png

Edit: Just realised you might mean 3 turn the whole thing, then yeah I don´t think that´s possible yet.

Yeah, I didn't mean you can 3-turn the whole thing on the 40/20 AP. Not at our levels anyways. You should be able to 3-turn each round though, resulting in a total of 9 turns if you strictly Buster your way through. If you have a Lancelot on Support, he can single-turn any one of the 3 rounds with his NP. Alternatively, bring in a single strong AoE Servant who isn't a Berserker and put a Sakura or Kaleidoscope on them, build their NP, and use them to clear a round. Altera, Altria, Altria Alter, etc. are all good for this.

Thanks for these tips! I only got my Herc with the Choose your 4* summon when I already had a 70 Altera, so he just seemed like a squishier Altera that can kill Archers. I'm running Altera/Gil/Martha + friend support (usually Jeanne/Waver), based on what the quest enemies are. I finish the 40 AP in 8-10 turns depending on the cards I get. Generally, 4 turns each for the first 2 sections, before a double AOE NP takes out the whole last wave in one shot. I thought this is what you were referring to when you meant Arts team and was curious to find out how a berserker team can do it much faster. All good now though

Strimei

You will when they finally put in Gothic Lolita Battle Maid Waitress Altria who ends up super broken OP.

z8wFU0x.png

Honestly kinda surprised that's not in yet, actually.

Give it time though, heh.

Also reminds me I really need to go watch that again. Saw Final Dead Lancer again a few weeks back and it left me in tears. So good.

edit: Also there really needs to be a Saber-lion as a berserker at some point. I will whale so hard for that.

chrono01

What is the long-term opportunity cost of not playing the highest-difficulties dailies only?
Not much, you just won't receive the highest AP --> rank XP ratio, so your rank won't be as high as if you farmed the higher version. If you're not interested in rank, and are farming it just for burning cards or whatever, the 15AP might be better.

Personally, I've switched from 15AP to 20AP. Despite it taking a little longer to clear, I actually get more runs out of it when compared to 15AP, since I earn more XP so I continually rank up. I can almost level an entire rank farming the dungeon from a full stamina bar, and I still get cards to burn for Mana Prisms. As for why I want to increase my rank, well that's easy. Higher AP cap, increased team cost, and able to add more friends.

Ala Alba

What is the long-term opportunity cost of not playing the highest-difficulties dailies only?

The cost of not playing the highest-difficulty dailies?

Well, higher difficulty quests give more master/mystic code experience, so you will gain master levels more slowly, and thus have less maximum AP, and thus have to play the game more to not waste any AP.

Higher difficulty XP quests give better XP cards, so leveling will be more efficient. Higher difficulty material farming quests have better drop rates, so you could get ascension/skill materials faster.

But those are all short-term costs.

In the long run, you'll be fine.

chrono01

We'll see. I feel like I'm falling further behind with talk of people able to max-ascend already.

Gilmas has reached day 4; almost halfway through.
Apparently Gilgamesh is one of the leaders in Civ 6.
https://civilization.com/news/entries/civilization-vi-gilgamesh-leads-sumeria
I wonder if Altera thinks the game is good or bad...
It doesn't matter, the content doesn't require max-ascended characters right now and, if it ever does, we'll have a surplus of ascension items from the events that we can make use of.

Don't worry about it. I've only ascended each of my characters once so far (well, my Waver twice), and am basically making use of my time raising my rank and farming Mana Prism. It's pretty casual right now, so you're not really doing anything "wrong" by choosing not to farm a specific thing. Just do whatever makes you happy.

The Gilgamesh in Giv6 doesn't have Gate of Babylon but he does have WAR CARTS and those are hilariously OP in the early game. You can conquer a few other civilizations quickly and get a jump on development in the early game. War is kind of stupid in Civ6 after a certain point because declaring war tends to get other civs ganging up on you when you're other leaders which is why Gilgamesh's particular leader bonus is great as well since you can declare war freely. As expected of the King of Heroes.

Mathematics

Neo Member
We'll see. I feel like I'm falling further behind with talk of people able to max-ascend already.

Some of us are just playing the game more religiously than others.

With half AP dailies it just makes it easier to grind stuff out now and then play less frequently once it's over. With JP version, since I have >120 AP, I play the game twice a day. Once I reach that point in EN version I will do the same thing: play twice a day doing whatever daily quests I need.

Sciel

Gilmas has reached day 4; almost halfway through.
Apparently Gilgamesh is one of the leaders in Civ 6.
https://civilization.com/news/entries/civilization-vi-gilgamesh-leads-sumeria
I wonder if Altera thinks the game is good or bad...
The thing about that is that most of these max ascends are Jeanne.
Whom by far, is the easiest servant to max ascend. Obviously it is possible to ascend other servants as well, just that they take way too much investment at this point.

Whom by far, is the easiest servant to max ascend. Obviously it is possible to ascend other servants as well, just that they take way too much investment at this point.

Then there's this guy

...right.

At least I'll never have to worry about this game not making enough money to survive >_>

Moonlight

Banned
Is there a limit on how many ascension materials you can get out of an event? I was kinda looking toward fully ascending Altera soon but she needs at least 15 Meteoric Horseshoes which might be too much.

Articalys

Yeah, but Jeanne is the one I do have, so the fact that apparently I'm not grinding enough for monuments when the AP is at half concerns me...

The assorted skillup/ascension materials will come in events, is that right? So it's the skill gems and ascension pieces that are dailies-only?

chrono01

Then there's this guy

...right.

At least I'll never have to worry about this game not making enough money to survive >_>
Man, and a lot of the waifu haven't even been released yet.

Yeah, this game is going to do fine, haha.

Is there a limit on how many ascension materials you can get out of an event? I was kinda looking toward fully ascending Altera soon but she needs at least 15 Meteoric Horseshoes which might be too much.
Limited amount you can buy, but you can farm more and the drop-rates are (supposedly?) better.

Sciel

Yeah, but Jeanne is the one I do have, so the fact that apparently I'm not grinding enough for monuments when the AP is at half concerns me...

The assorted skillup/ascension materials will come in events, is that right? So it's the skill gems and ascension pieces that are dailies-only?
What level is your Jeanne? i think level 70 or so shoulf be easily achievable.
Then there's this guy

...right.

This guy has probablt bought hundreds of quartz and used a large portion of it on just for refilling stamina. Probably not a good idea to compare your progression to the Moby Dick of whales lol.

chrono01

Yikes, you could buy so many other things with the money that guy spent on that account instead, but who am I to judge I guess.
There have been people on Reddit saying that they've spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars so far. I believe one said they spent more than a grand. So yeah, game is likely doing pretty well, especially considering I can't see it costing too much to keep it running. It's great to see, as I want the game to succeed.

As for me, I said this before but the only time I'll be opening my wallet is when they do the guaranteed pulls (which hopefully, we'll get at/around the same times Japan got them). Until then, I'll just try my luck and see what I can get (I don't expect much, though). Just enjoy the game as it happens.

Khezu

I have spent 50 dollars on it.

Not because I really wanted anything, I just wanted to show TM my support.

And I have already played this more then the vast majority of games I pay 60 bucks for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom