• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

My half AP haul:

Level 81
1355 Mana Prisms
38,288,444 QP
290/300 + 100/100 Second Archive of 4* XP cards

Probably could've gotten more out of it, but didn't always play as soon as I capped AP and didn't play as much on days where Archers were in the XP quests. Pretty satisfied with this though.

Damn, that's impressive. Good job Moonlight.

Does anyone know how often half AP happens in the JP version. Couldn't take full advantage of it due to moving shenanigans.

OVDRobo

Chose Altera for my CE character both because she's the only character I didn't actively detest during my Extella playthrough and because the spinoff manga endeared me to her a little.

Mystic Code seems pretty useless but at least it's a new look and something else to grind up. I wish the quest was repeatable so I could get enough gears to ascend Emiya but it looks like I'm going to have to wait for the first real event for that.

Not much else to say about this update other than that since it's so content-sparse. RIP my chance to get Lancelot and everyone else's to get Gil. Time to start hoarding for the next appealing banner.

T-Rex.

Banned
Damn, that's impressive. Good job Moonlight.

Does anyone know how often half AP happens in the JP version. Couldn't take full advantage of it due to moving shenanigans.
Quite often. They usually do half AP when they're releasing a new story chapter etc (although I can't remember if it's limited to just story missions, or dailies as well).

Articalys

Regret definitely starting to hit like a truck regarding not powerleveling as much as I could during the half-AP campaign. Going to take an eternity to get from level to level now.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wow, maintenance ate 100 worth of overflow AP.

Azusa

Quite often. They usually do half AP when they're releasing a new story chapter etc (although I can't remember if it's limited to just story missions, or dailies as well).

Only story. They do daily half AP maybe 1-2 times per year.
Once in a while there is free quests 1/2 AP. I saw it only once last year.

RSchmitz

My haul:
Level 96
3078 Mana Prisms
23,356,863 QP
140/300 + 100/100 Second Archive of 4* XP cards

I´m well on the way for Mona Lisa :)
1/2 ap is so good, but I missed doing some non-daily stuff.

Mupod

Took a few withdraws but I eventually got 3 gears out of the event quest. I dunno if I wanna ascend Sasaki or just hold on to them for a bit for Emiya.

Gonna move on to interludes and free quests now, although my first order of business is getting 2 more ghost lanterns for Tamamo Cat. I didn't do nearly as much grinding during half AP as I could have, but I only have so much time and patience. I got pretty sick of the repetition so I'm looking forward to getting all these interludes out of the way.

I'm at Lvl 81
MP 614 (though I did buy all the HP and ATK Fou from the shop in addition to the tickets)
QP 40M
XP 270/300 + 100/100

Took a few withdraws but I eventually got 3 gears out of the event quest. I dunno if I wanna ascend Sasaki or just hold on to them for a bit for Emiya.

How does that work? Does withdrawing let you keep your drops?

Quonny

Memu blocked FGO with the latest update.

I hope you folks who play on an emulator wrote down your transfer information.

no, just fight to the last enemy and if you didn't get two gear drops, hit withdraw. From what I understand the last guy always drops a gear.

I see. I always thought one time quests had fixed drops, but I suppose thats only the last guy. Luckily I got 3 gears on my run.

Also I finished Martha's Lvl 70 interlude. Just like Orleans but harder
Two 90k HP Black Wyvern in the last wave
Was tight, but managed to get through with one dead servant and no command seals used. Wished they dropped good stuff instead of basic skill gems, its a lvl 70 quest XD

Mupod

Memu blocked FGO with the latest update.

I hope you folks who play on an emulator wrote down your transfer information.

My friend can only play this game (and FEH) via emulator so this is real shit news. He did save his transfer code though.

I could sort of understand why they'd block emulators and rooted devices on Fire Emblem because it has a competitive aspect, and cheating comes into play. But I don't get it at all for FGO.

Quonny

Double post, but whatever. Take a look at the Fire Emblem revenue thread. I wouldn't expect a EU version of this any time soon.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Regret definitely starting to hit like a truck regarding not powerleveling as much as I could during the half-AP campaign. Going to take an eternity to get from level to level now.

Nah. Some quests just give more EXP is all. Story quests don't necessarily give TOO much.

Zafir

Double post, but whatever. Take a look at the Fire Emblem revenue thread. I wouldn't expect a EU version of this any time soon.
At this point I wouldn't swap to a EU version anyway. I've put too much effort in and had too much good luck for a f2p player.

Plus there's something to be said that the US version will be cheaper if you ever want to spend money for the guaranteed banner too. Google play does a proper conversion into pounds it seems where as usually it's $=£ in officially released apps which means prices are awful.

Ephidel

You can't actually spend pounds though. If your wallet balance is in pounds you'll get a "Purchase currency is not supported" message if you try .

Zafir

You can't actually spend pounds though. If your wallet balance is in pounds when you try you'll get a "Purchase currency is not supported" message.
Are you sure?

You can still buy though right? I've bought surprise tickets on granblue via Google play despite it not being available in the UK. I think that charged me in yen but letting my card sort out the conversion is still better than the shit rates apple enforce which gets carried over into Google play prices.

Ephidel

I haven't actually gone all the way through with a purchase, I just know it won't let me use my existing wallet balance (which is in pounds). It gives me "other options" of adding a credit or debit card or paypal, but I haven't actually tried either of those yet (my card has a lousy currency exchange rate). I'm hopeful that if/when I actually want to spend it will let me use paypal but I'm not going through with it yet because if I buy quartz now I'll be more tempted to use it ;)

Hybrid897

Are you sure?

You can still buy though right? I've bought surprise tickets on granblue via Google play despite it not being available in the UK. I think that charged me in yen but letting my card sort out the conversion is still better than the shit rates apple enforce which gets carried over into Google play prices.

I've bought some quartz from Australia, and Google play automatically converts USD to AUD on checkout.

Hubb

Mana prism exchange now shows a refresh date. It currently refreshes at the end of the month, so it will probably refresh every month from here on out.

Hubb

Interesting. Not sure if I should buy the Fou

Guess it depends how many prisms you have saved. Personally my characters are strong enough for anything currently out, and I've already gotten a decent amount of Fou's from FP summon. We are suppose to get a good amount of them from events eventually, so I will probably skip buying them for now.

Azusa

Interesting. Not sure if I should buy the Fou

Most events (not nero, but almost all later ones) will have 20 of each fou in the event shop. After a while you will have enough fou to max your most used servants.

Shop fou is nice but optional. If you can buy them and know what too do with them, get them.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Hah yeah. I don't want to try it out either. xD

I guess we'll see. I think it should be okay though.

Are you sure?

You can't actually spend pounds though. If your wallet balance is in pounds you'll get a "Purchase currency is not supported" message if you try .

Google Wallet will convert the currency. on iOS it doesn't work like that. It has to be the US store with US currency.

Zafir

Yeah I'm aware iOS didn't, you need another region account for it I remember.

One of the many many reasons I doubt I would ever swap to a iPhone.

At last, the half AP is over. I didn't get as much loot as you guys. I only filled my second archive with XP, level up to max all of the Servants I use and ascended all of them, or at least, those that I could get the materials for.

I also managed to get to Level 72, so I have 96 Max AP so I can grind for a while without stopping. Now, since I finished the available story, I'll be grinding for materials.

If I finished Septem, can I get Nero from the Gacha or do I need to wait for an update?

mellow

after a couple weeks purely F2P, pretty pleased; Lvl 82, 530 prisms and 200 or so 4*XP cards

Gil lvl 60, Herc lvl 50, Emiya lvl 60, Lancelot lvl 60, Saber Lily lvl 50, Tamamo Cat lvl 40

plus a bunch of lvl 40 3*'s like Robin, Medea, Ushi, Jing Ke, Cu Chu with maxed or almost maxed NP's, plus 5 or 6 5* CE's

happy enough with those that I probably won't spend any money and can just save long term for the servants I want to roll for

I'm guessing it's wise to hang onto these golden apples for Nero Fest? tempted to spend them all trying to farm the ascension mat quests for Gil since those only come around once a week

If you want Nero specifically then I would wait for Nero Festival (which might arrive as early as next week) because she will be one of the rate up servants.

Specifically, if you don't roll for Nero during Nerofest then you can never get Nero unless you roll the story gacha (which normally you have no incentive to do).

Nero is added to the story gacha after Septem, and all servants story-locked like that can't be gotten in any event gachas (except ones that feature them).

Pejo

Gold Member
It's not a character, it's a CE. And they're all identical. It's literally just what art you like the best.

Is there any way to preview the whole portrait in game before selecting? I'm trying long presses and taps but it doesn't seem to work.

Ephidel

Is there any way to preview the whole portrait in game before selecting? I'm trying long presses and taps but it doesn't seem to work.
Not in game, but they had the full pics in the event announcement.
info_20161103_03_usurx.png
I'm stuck trying to choose between Gil and Karna myself :x

J0dy77

Are there any good beginner guides for the game? I'm completely clueless on what characters to focus, the different mats and items that keep getting thrown my way.

RSchmitz

Got 3 gears from the quest. Had to restart once though cause it was giving me only 2.
I´ll need so much of this that I figured 5 ap was worth it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How did you guys get so many prisms out of the 1/2 event? Just burning exp cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom