• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpha69

Without 1/2 AP, dailies feels so...unfulfilling now lol

Guess I'll focus on finishing the story for now. I'm still in the beginning of Septem lol

Articalys

Somehow I still don't have Medusa yet... only <= 3* I'm missing. And with the fact that I basically don't get any friend points outside of the daily free draw, feels like it'll take forever to get her...

chrono01

Somehow I still don't have Medusa yet... only <= 3* I'm missing. And with the fact that I basically don't get any friend points outside of the daily free draw, feels like it'll take forever to get her...
I still need Medea. :(

And don't worry, 3* characters will haunt all of your premium gatcha pulls, you'll get her soon.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I have her and can't get her past level 40 since serpent jewels are hilariously rare.

e: Medusa, I mean.

Ala Alba

Who is better? Ushi or Medusa?

Different Roles. Medusa is a good AoE Rider with a stun that reaches 100% chance when you level it up.

Ushiwakamaru has nice support skills and a strong ST NP.

My level 40 Ushi does about 50k damage to a caster with her level 5 NP, and my level 30 Medusa does about 17k to each Caster with her level 4 NP, which is pretty good for clearing doors in the QP quest.

On what's now my main account (now added to the friends spreadsheet), I have rolled over 200 quartz and still never seen Medusa, Ushi, or Alexander.

Something to look forward to!

Who is better? Ushi or Medusa?

Bear in mind that neither of them hits all that hard except for their NPs, so 1) you'll want to give them support for NP gain; 2) you'll want a crit hitter who can absorb stars, to take advantage of the star generation their NPs set up (since riders inherently pull stars more than any other class). Ushi has built-in support for NP gain, which is also pretty much a unique skill right now and is very useful for NP teams.

Also, every level counts, and it is obscenely hard to get Medusa past lv 40 right now. Ushi gets to lv 50 easily.

Articalys

You know, for all the talk about "you can still do well with anybody in this game", it seems to always omit the clarifying part "as long as you have the right team comp for them", which kind of lessens the initial sentiment.

---------------------

It still feels kind of iffy to 2nd ascend anybody unless you can also 3rd ascend immediately afterwards when it doesn't even give you a new skill and their stat curve means they might only gain a few hundred extra HP/ATK points across all ten levels. Plus you never know what those materials might be useful in the future.

Speaking of materials, how do I know when I should start leveling skills?

Now that I'm back doing the story, I remember how awesome the "final boss" music is. It's the track you first heard fighting
Seibah Alter
in Fuyuki.

Ephidel

banner_10011.png
Nerofest Announcement - https://webview.fate-go.us/2017/nerofest_colosseumofvictory/

Details on the event at the link.
Quests for medals, and lots of stuff you can trade medals for including the CE on the banner (and ascension materials).

Rate Up servants for the event:
(Yeah, they typoed Nero as a 5*)
&#9670;Pickup Servants&#9670;
&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;SSR Saber
Altera
MAX ATK 12343&#12288;MAX HP 13907
Noble Phantasm
Photon Ray
&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;SSR Saber
Nero Claudius
MAX ATK 9449&#12288;MAX HP 11753
Noble Phantasm
Laus St. Claudius
&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;R Saber
Gaius Julius Caesar
MAX ATK 7497&#12288;MAX HP 9595
Noble Phantasm
Crocea Mors
&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;R Lancer
Romulus
MAX ATK 7239&#12288;MAX HP 9883
Noble Phantasm
Magna Voluisse Magnum

alpha69

For a second, I thought there's another version of Nero that's SSR lol

I guess I have to finish Septem quick...

ALSO HORSESHOE FOR MAH ALTERA FINALLY

Kenai

You know, for all the talk about "you can still do well with anybody in this game", it seems to always omit the clarifying part "as long as you have the right team comp for them", which kind of lessens the initial sentiment.

---------------------

It still feels kind of iffy to 2nd ascend anybody unless you can also 3rd ascend immediately afterwards when it doesn't even give you a new skill and their stat curve means they might only gain a few hundred extra HP/ATK points across all ten levels. Plus you never know what those materials might be useful in the future.

Speaking of materials, how do I know when I should start leveling skills?

The initial sentiment regarding doing well meant that unlike most gachas you do not need to pull *insert particular super/ultra rare here* and even the low rarity units aren't total junk. You can get a bunch of 3*s from just using FP, and the game gives out several 4*s through events too (we get a 4* character for Halloween, and one for Christmas, and a few others from non-holiday stuff, all free and useful). It is definitely going to suck if you have a run of bad luck with your SQ or you don't get your waifu/husbando of choice cause they're a limited 5* or something, but you won't be locked out of clearing content or anything either if you don't want to whale (outside of character specific interludes, but thankfully that is a lot of side stories and not main game stuff). And if you do wanna spend a tad, there's the (super, super rare) 100% 5* banners. That being said, it's still a gacha, so you gotta decide for yourself if that all works for ya.

Also, i've been told that you should probably figure that one rl year of gameplay will get you enough Ascension/skillboost mats for approximately 5-6 5* characters without additional grinding. So it's probably gonna depend on how badly items overlap with your team of choice.I'm personally stuck waiting on a Reverse Scale for my Vlad, more Gold pieces for my Jeanne, ect

xequalsy

CTRL-F Claw of Chaos

...WHERE.

You get 5 for completing the "very hard" 30AP node in the first set of missions. Also a possible drop from that node.

And no octuplet crystals, no serpent jewel.

At least I can ascend Waver for the 3rd time.
Edit: seems no need to limit break that CE.

You get 5 crystals from completing the "very hard" 30AP node in the second set of missions. Also a possible drop from that node. Serpent Jewels are in the third set of missions I think?

T-Rex.

Banned
Those are just items that you'll be able to trade using the medals in Da Vinci's workshop. The claws etc will be random drops from completing the battles iirc.

Sciel

You get 5 for completing the "very hard" 30AP node in the first set of missions. Also a possible drop from that node.

You get 5 from completing the "very hard" 30AP node in the second set of missions. Also a possible drop from that node.

Thank the lord.
Else I would flip after wasting a few hundred AP trying to get this from the Daily Quest.

Grazzt

You get 5 from completing the "very hard" 30AP node in the second set of missions. Also a possible drop from that node.

What about drop rate?
5 guaranteed ones is not bad. My Gil and Herc can finally get their 2nd ascension. I can even ascend Gil for the third time if I can get 4 monuments...I've got more than 5 monuments for each class except archer.

mellow

You get 5 crystals from completing the "very hard" 30AP node in the second set of missions. Also a possible drop from that node. Serpent Jewels are in the third set of missions I think?

that's good to know, i need both for Herc & Gil and have no real interest in this event besides

OVDRobo

Nice. Nero Fest is finally announced.

I've got no interest in rolling on the banner but the extra drive to spend stamina and ability to gain some otherwise unavailable materials is great. Those gears are going straight on third ascending my Emiya. Horse Shoe and Forbidden pages don't have much purpose for my current lineup but just a guaranteed way to get any crafting material in this game is worth jumping on.

CE doesn't seem that good functionally but I don't think that's what they were going for...

Arabesque

Is nero that good? I wasn't planning on rolling for her ...

She's a good defensive Saber, especially since her kit is geared towards healing herself and surviving for long periods of time. Her NP is also pretty decent one upgraded.

She's not exactly a broken character, but I do know that on the JP side there were playthroughs that showed how she can pretty much tank bosses on her own for 20+ turns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom