• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azusa

Man, so many people on here I want to add but my Friend List is still full. :/

Do they ever expand it beyond 50?

They did.

At master level 101 you will have 51 limit.
At 110 - 60 friend limit
At 121 - 61 friend limit
At 130 - 70 friend limit.

Skills worth prioritizing:
- Your best party-wide attack buff.
- Your best star generation skill.
- Party-wide heal skills, if you have any.
- Your best party-wide critical damage buff.
- Your best NP damage buff.
- Any self attack buff on your best damage dealer.
- Any NP-boosting skills that increase in effect when upgraded.

Of course it depends on if you have teams that benefit from each of these.

kewlmyc

s2vU350.jpg

anyone wanna be my friend? I don't like friending random Mashus...

ID 448,628,796

Sent. Name is Myc.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
God, the story of Septem is so goddamned awful. So. Goddamned. Awful. Like I could literally have written a better scenario than this trash.
It's Fate.
There's 4 hours to farm for them before Nerofest starts.

And if you time it right so you gain a level just before... profit.
Wait what, 4 hours? Am I missing something? it's the 25th right?

Strimei

Septem at least gave us Big Sis Boudica, so I'll take that. And Spartacus was kinda amusing too (even if his design is so offputting)

Wait what, 4 hours? Am I missing something? it's the 25th right?

I misunderstood too but I think what they meant was that the night before Nerofest starts, you'll still have a few hours to grind out a few more monuments. I think.

I misunderstood too but I think what they meant was that the night before Nerofest starts, you'll still have a few hours to grind out a few more monuments. I think.

Sorry, yes. Not 4 hours from now.

4 hours before Nerofest starts, the Tuesday daily quests for pieces and monuments go up.

Haly

oooo okay I was panicking for a moment because I'm not AP capped.

Baalzebup

Gonna get as close to a Master level up as possible right before Nerofest so I can get dat max AP efficiency.
Wouldn't actual max efficiency have you be at level of xp that gives you the level up just as you are about to run out of AP, instead of one that gives you the level up as soon as you do your first event. After all, you don't gain any AP over time as long as you have AP overflow.

Wouldn't actual max efficiency have you be at level of xp that gives you the level up just as you are about to run out of AP, instead of one that gives you the level up as soon as you do your first event. After all, you don't gain any AP over time as long as you have AP overflow.
Yup this is correct. You'd want to have XP at a point in which you would run all of your AP on the event, and on your very last round you would level up, which would replenish your AP once more letting you start again with a full bar without having to wait for it to replenish.

Or you could just use an apple since they gave those out like candy. I never use those and save them for stuff like this.

sandpiper

This game started to wake me up in the middle of the night. The half-AP event ruined my sleep schedule because I woke up randomly and started using AP and went back to sleep. I didn't even set an alarm or something, my brain just woke me up at 2am, i sleepily killed hands, and went back to sleep.

I am actually really glad half AP is over now, because I can relax.

I'm getting Ragnarok Online flashbacks, except I can take my grinding anywhere I go.

Yup this is correct. You'd want to have XP at a point in which you would run all of your AP on the event, and on your very last round you would level up, which would replenish your AP once more letting you start again with a full bar without having to wait for it to replenish.

Or you could just use an apple since they gave those out like candy. I never use those and save them for stuff like this.

If there's a specific item you need, like for example I need Claws of Chaos, events are the time to burn those apples. If we get apples like JP does we'll have lots, maybe not as many as they do because less Unlimited Maintenance Works but still plenty.

Ephidel

A bit off topic, but hoping someone might be able to help. My phone was a budget buy that has served me okay, but it only has 8GB internal space and this game is really kicking the "you have no space, go find some more shit to uninstall" notifications into overdrive (and I've almost completely run out of other things I'm actually willing or able to uninstall). I'm considering looking for a new phone, but phone specs mean absolutely f all to me. Is there a smartphone gaming / android phone thread drifting around somewhere that might have some recommendations in it? Or a website for complete idiots? :x

Quonny

Yeah, but that's difficult and requires more planning. Besides, it would only save 1-2 AP since you can blow through 100 AP in under 10 minutes.

Hubb

A bit off topic, but hoping someone might be able to help. My phone was a budget buy that has served me okay, but it only has 8GB internal space and this game is really kicking the "you have no space, go find some more shit to uninstall" notifications into overdrive (and I've almost completely run out of other things I'm actually willing or able to uninstall). I'm considering looking for a new phone, but phone specs mean absolutely f all to me. Is there a smartphone gaming / android phone thread drifting around somewhere that might have some recommendations in it? Or a website for complete idiots? :x

Not sure about a thread, and I don't know what you consider budget but would this work for you?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J88GD8C/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Haly

F/Apoc 4 actually made me sympathize with Sieg.

Too bad he's so shit.

alpha69

Anyone know if I need to finish Septem to be able to get Nero in the rate-up? I read that you need to finish it so she'll be available in the regular Story banner roll.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
The weekly quests require you to get two gems (blue, red or gold) of each class, all of which should be easily farmable during NeroFest - except for assassin gems. They won't drop until the end of NeroFest, when the weekly quest will be over.

A little annoying. Guess I better grind that out now before NeroFest starts. I don't wanna go back into the Monster Hunt Friday daily with NeroFest going on.

The weekly quests require you to get two gems (blue, red or gold) of each class, all of which should be easily farmable during NeroFest - except for assassin gems. They won't drop until the end of NeroFest, when the weekly quest will be over.

A little annoying. Guess I better grind that out now before NeroFest starts. I don't wanna go back into the Monster Hunt Friday daily with NeroFest going on.

Assassin gems are not the worst - drop rates are decent on any map with ghosts.

Caster gems are the worst because there are no caster-type enemies (lamias) in the story yet. Blue caster gems might as well not exist right now. Red caster gems drop more often, but you have no choice but to farm the 30AP Friday daily for them.

The only alternative is to find an interlude with lamias, and get lucky. I would honestly just skip getting 1 quartz this week.

Of course, Nerofest has lamias to farm... next week.

Caim

They can drop from Spartacus' interlude from the 3 lamias. Would have to reset if you don't get them and it would be 10 AP a run.

chrono01

Anyone else getting a connection error? Let's me into the game then says there has been a connection error and to try again.
Nope, I can log in just fine.

I had something similar a little while ago, and waiting before logging back in fixed it. I'm not sure exactly what caused it, but hopefully it's the same in your case.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I have a good amount of caster gems, actually. I don't know where they dropped for me, but I got lucky with them somewhere. It does appear they won't drop during NeroFest until the weekly's over too though. Damn.

Just giving up one gem might be the right call tbh. Well, I got a bunch of apples, so we'll see come Friday.

e:

They can drop from Spartacus' interlude from the 3 lamias. Would have to reset if you don't get them and it would be 10 AP a run.

Was gonna say I think I already did this dude's interlude, but apparently I don't even have him at all. That's weird.

I have a good amount of caster gems, actually. I don't know where they dropped for me, but I got lucky with them somewhere. It does appear they won't drop during NeroFest until the weekly's over too though. Damn.

Just giving up one gem might be the right call tbh. Well, I got a bunch of apples, so we'll see come Friday.

We all got 15 blue gems of each type when Gilgamesh dropped.

I still have exactly 15 blue caster gems.

Grazzt

With Nerofest starting tomorrow, I don't feel like wasting AP farming weekly quests. I might just ignore them. It's just 2 quartz.

Articalys

Count me in with the people not worrying about the gems for the master mission.

So I've seen a ton of different charts, graphs, and such on how to approach Nerofest but I still don't really get it. For the time being I'll focus on clearing each stage of each set once and then focusing on the 20AP levels, since that's apparently best for medals to clean out the shop.

Haly

So I've seen a ton of different charts, graphs, and such on how to approach Nerofest but I still don't really get it. For the time being I'll focus on clearing each stage of each set once and then focusing on the 20AP levels, since that's apparently best for medals to clean out the shop.
Try this: https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder...est_ap_effective_post_calculations_are_wrong/

I'm trying not to get too deep into it but I'll probably go for Shop stuff minus the Nightless Roses, then go for mats especially Serpent Jewel during the Finals.

Doesn't maintenance refill you to max anyways? Pretty sure we'll get a period before Nerofest launches.

No it doesn't. It just follows the normal timer. People talk about clearing AP before maintenance because they're worried that if maintenance is extended they might end up with AP sitting there not being used. Especially after the legendary 48 hour maintenance near JPN launch.

Articalys

Try this: https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder...est_ap_effective_post_calculations_are_wrong/

I'm trying not to get too deep into it but I'll probably go for Shop stuff minus the Nightless Roses, then go for mats especially Serpent Jewel during the Finals.
Is the CE that undesirable?

I think that's the post I saw before that influenced my plan, but looks like there's been some edits to it.
Seems that each mission has one special drop, except for Round 2 Hard which has two for some reason:
Rd. 1
Easy - Bone
Med - Proof
Hard - Fang
Ex - Claw

Rd. 2
Easy - Seed
Med - Proof
Hard - Feather/Seed
Ex - Crystal

Rd. 3
Easy - Lantern
Med - Fang
Hard - Jewel
Ex - Scale
Guess I should see what my top units need for ascension?

Grazzt

I would farm 5 ap ones for bronze medals first to purchase all Gears from the shop, then start farming silver medals for forbidden pages . And of course finish all difficulties for rewards. I don't care much about gold medals, my current servants don't need Homunculus babies. Maybe I'll redeem some crystallised lore if I have enough medals...
After purchasing the mats from store I'll farm claws/crystals/scales.

Haly

Is the CE that undesirable?

I don't think it's worth the effort of limit breaking. I'd much rather use Kaleidescope (I don't have one though) or even Imaginary Element.

If I have excess leftover medals I'd pick one or two up but it's at the bottom of my priority list.

I would farm 5 ap ones for bronze medals first to purchase all Gears from the shop, then start farming silver medals for forbidden pages . And of course finish all difficulties for rewards. I don't care much about gold medals, my current servants don't need Homunculus babies. Maybe I'll redeem some crystallised lore if I have enough medals...
After purchasing the mats from store I'll farm claws/crystals/scales.

You're going to be farming gold medals on day one if you want claws, since you can only get those on days 1-3.

chrono01

I'm pretty excited for the Nero event. Nice to have something else to do than these Free Quests. At least I'll (likely) be done with them all when the event hits, so there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom