• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.
Side benefit of saving up for Scathach: Fragments of 2030, the 5* CE in the same rate-up as Scathach.

Among the all-time must-have CEs alongside Kaleidoscope.

Kenai

In the long haul for Iskandar as before, although I will likely spend the tickets I have/get on the banner, then again on the next rate up banner, ect.

Are people not excited to roll for Altera? Her design is awesome and she singlehandedly made Fate/Extella's story bearable (Gil helped out too). I'm going to burn all my resources to get her.

I like Altera very much, use her a lot in dailies that don't have archers, but she's not a limited servant so she's fair game in those guaranteed 5* summons with Sabers, so her inherent "value" goes down due to always theoretically being available. Plus in the far, far future (would be either anniversary or Xmas 2018, don't remember which) if I personally still don't have a 5* Saber, Archer, or Lancer, there's a guaranteed 5* banner with just those 3 unit types on it and she'll be in there too.

chrono01

I'm just short of another level up. Probably will start a battle, put the game to sleep until my AP fully recovers, then level up to max out my possible AP and then just wait for the event to start.
This is me, except I'm just going to wait until maintenance (fi we have maintenance that is, they normally announce it ahead of time but they didn't this time) before I hit the event section and level up. I'm only a few hundred away from it, so it should only take a map or two before it happens.

It'll essentially be a free Golden Apple out of the event, so that's nice. Anything that can help with the grinding!

I like Altera very much, use her a lot in dailies that don't have archers, but she's not a limited servant so she's fair game in those guaranteed 5* summons with Sabers, so her inherent "value" goes down due to always theoretically being available. Plus in the far, far future (would be either anniversary or Xmas 2018, don't remember which) if I personally still don't have a 5* Saber, Archer, or Lancer, there's a guaranteed 5* banner with just those 3 unit types on it and she'll be in there too.

Actually, worth doublechecking. Is this how the 5* pools for the guaranteed 5* banners worked?

- 1st new year: one pool with every non-limited 5* plus Okita Souji
- 1st anniversary: choose from pool with non-limited sabers/archers/lancers/ruler, or pool with non-limited riders/casters/assassins/berserkers
- 2nd new year: choose from 7 pools with the non-limited 5*s for each class (assassins and ruler together)

Kenai

Actually, worth doublechecking. Is this how the 5* pools for the guaranteed 5* banners worked?

- 1st new year: one pool with every non-limited 5* plus Okita Souji
- 1st anniversary: choose from pool with non-limited sabers/archers/lancers/ruler, or pool with non-limited riders/casters/assassins/berserkers
- 2nd new year: choose from 7 pools with the non-limited 5*s for each class (assassins and ruler together)

This is my understanding for the first two, yes. Unsure on the 2nd new year since I never looked at it. We can't be 100% sure since sometimes companies do stuff different for "global" vs JP but no reason to think it won't be the same.

They also have pools where limited Servants return but those aren't guaranteed 5*s, just reruns with smaller time-frames for each one (Gilgamesh day, followed by *insert* day, ect)

Mupod

So, some characters get improved skills or NPs from interludes, correct? So far every interlude I've seen so far just had 1 SQ as a reward. Are there any skill upgrades in-game yet?

Baalzebup

So, some characters get improved skills or NPs from interludes, correct? So far every interlude I've seen so far just had 1 SQ as a reward. Are there any skill upgrades in-game yet?
Archer Emiya has a NP upgrade from his second interlude, so there is a least that.

Mupod

Archer Emiya has a NP upgrade from his second interlude, so there is a least that.

I cleared his first interlude, but I haven't seen a second. I guess I need to ascend him again, but I'm short 2 archer pieces. Doesn't seem to be anywhere to farm those outside of the dailies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

While they don't appear in the Interlude mission list until you clear the per-requesites for them, they do pop up on the world map if they're waiting to be unlocked next. I've seen this for Altria's, Emiya's, and Herc's second interludes.

You should also see a bunch of other folks just skimming the world map, e.g. some lower 1*/2*/3* needing first ascensions, or a certain bond level, etc.

Strimei

I cleared his first interlude, but I haven't seen a second. I guess I need to ascend him again, but I'm short 2 archer pieces. Doesn't seem to be anywhere to farm those outside of the dailies.

I believe you do have to get him to his 2nd ascension to unlock it, my EMIYA is at that and that's when I remember doing it.

As for archier pieces, according to this spreadsheet that's been put together, some have found them in Paris in Orleans, but it looks to be an extremely small number. You're honestly best off waiting for the usual dailies.

Slashlen

Does anyone know how realistic clearing out the shop on the event is? I think I'm strong enough for all the fights, just wondering if I'll need to choose between shop items and my apple supply.

Grazzt

Got one more archer monument for my Gil. Still need two more :(
Whelp, your third ascension can wait then, at least you'll get your second soon.
So happy that I can ascend Herc twice during the event.

So I've got a couple questions, I only just started a couple days ago so if they're stupid I apologize. I've got alright servants I guess and have been able to manage decently for the most part.

How does ascension and palingenesis work? I guess what I really mean to ask is do I have to max out their level to do it first or is there just a minimum level to do it.

Is there a way to increase the stars of a character, like, I know in some games you can powerup or awaken or whatever and it raises the rarity and level cap for cards. Is there something similar here or just the ascension and stuff?

The last thing I wanted to ask is about interlude stuff. I just unlocked a couple in Orleans and it says to unlock them I need to do their stage 1 awakening or one says completing First Singularity (whatever that means) but what do those end up doing for you?

Grazzt

How does ascension and palingenesis work? I guess what I really mean to ask is do I have to max out their level to do it first ------ Yes. Each ascension increases their level cap by 10.

Is there a way to increase the stars of a character, like, I know in some games you can powerup or awaken or whatever and it raises the rarity and level cap for cards. Is there something similar here or just the ascension and stuff? ----- I believe using grails on servants can increase their stars.

The last thing I wanted to ask is about interlude stuff. I just unlocked a couple in Orleans and it says to unlock them I need to do their stage 1 awakening or one says completing First Singularity (whatever that means) but what do those end up doing for you?
You must at least have ascended them once and reached certain bond level to unlock interlude quests.

How does ascension and palingenesis work? I guess what I really mean to ask is do I have to max out their level to do it first ------ Yes. Each ascension increases their level cap by 10.

Is there a way to increase the stars of a character, like, I know in some games you can powerup or awaken or whatever and it raises the rarity and level cap for cards. Is there something similar here or just the ascension and stuff? ----- I believe using grails on servants can increase their stars.

You must at least have ascended them once and reached certain bond level to unlock interlude quests.

Awesome, thanks! Do you get something after doing an interlude quest? Like an extra skill or something like that?

Strimei

Awesome, thanks! Do you get something after doing an interlude quest? Like an extra skill or something like that?

It varies. When you go to look at the interlude, you should be able to see the reward icon. Most are just quartz, but some characters gain either a skill upgrade or a Noble Phantasm upgrade through them.

Grazzt

Some servants will get skill or NP upgrade after completing their 2nd or 3rd interlude quests, such as Gil and Emiya.
You can only unlock servants' skills by ascending them. 1st ascension unlocks 2nd skill, and 3rd ascension unlock 3rd skill.

Mupod

I believe you do have to get him to his 2nd ascension to unlock it, my EMIYA is at that and that's when I remember doing it.

As for archier pieces, according to this spreadsheet that's been put together, some have found them in Paris in Orleans, but it looks to be an extremely small number. You're honestly best off waiting for the usual dailies.

I realized that even if I optimize my AP for nero fest, I'm just going to end up wasting all of it because I go to bed before the server rolls over. And then I work all day.

So I spent 150 AP on the knights daily and got...a lot of Saber monuments, lol. I only saw Saber as the last enemy every single time. I did just barely get 2 archer pieces so I was able to ascend Emiya, and I had just enough AP to upgrade his NP. Berserker was no problem as I went in prepared, George actually survived the entire duration of his taunt while everyone else wailed on basaka. The NP upgrade looks like it bumps the damage up from 300% to 400% so that should be nice for the event.

Need 4 archer monuments for the next ascension but that sure isn't happening anytime soon. Shame because I actually have the foreign god hearts already.

Strimei

I realized that even if I optimize my AP for nero fest, I'm just going to end up wasting all of it because I go to bed before the server rolls over. And then I work all day.

So I spent 150 AP on the knights daily and got...a lot of Saber monuments, lol. I only saw Saber as the last enemy every single time. I did just barely get 2 archer pieces so I was able to ascend Emiya, and I had just enough AP to upgrade his NP. Berserker was no problem as I went in prepared, George actually survived the entire duration of his taunt while everyone else wailed on basaka. The NP upgrade looks like it bumps the damage up from 300% to 400% so that should be nice for the event.

Need 4 archer monuments for the next ascension but that sure isn't happening anytime soon. Shame because I actually have the foreign god hearts already.

Oh so you can't save up AP that way? Well bleh. Good thing I found out now then, might as well just use up what I got before bed.

Good luck with the monuments. I still need like 3 myself. And all those gears (though the extella CE quest gave me 4 which was sweet).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I want Altera but I'm not going to go crazy for her.

Plenty of waifus in the sea.

Articalys

Behold the glory of Rome! Let the Nero Fest...
fNSlHbA.png
begin!

(image source)

5 summon tickets and 35 quartz, let's see what I can get.

Ticket 1: Be Elegant craft essence
Ticket 2: Limited/Zero Over craft essence
Ticket 3: Romulus
Ticket 4: Dragonkin craft essence
Ticket 5: Azoth Blade wtf

10x Roll: Absolute fucking trash

Random "fuck it" 1x Roll: Romulus wtf

Buy a saint quartz with Google Play credit and roll 1x again: Rin's Pendant fuck this shit

All my gacha luck was spent on Gil I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom