• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still fishing for a claw on the 30 AP one, but at 20k a pop the exp is pretty good. Seem to be getting 4-8 gold medals a run.

Also the Moon Goddess event after this has a lot of gold statues iirc. It's like the opposite of this event.

Oh, that's good. Guess I'll farm up the other materials for higher ascensions in this event then.

Articalys

In what universe is having Waver and a Kaleidoscope anywhere remotely in the same briefest of thoughts as the words "total disaster"?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I'm not getting dick for drops. Have yet to see a single dragon fang or claw fall from these dudes yet. Actually, outside of medals, I have yet to see anything else drop whatsoever.

Guess I used up all my luck when rolling my gems earlier, but damn.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
...sooooooooo, do we know yet if the 20AP or 30AP is better for medal grinding?

I'm just doing the 5 AP for now to clear out the shop of bronze items. Nearly at 100 bronze now, need at least 200 to get all the bronze level mats.

Will likely jump to 20 after that for silvers.

chrono01

I'm just doing the 5 AP for now to clear out the shop of bronze items. Nearly at 100 bronze now, need at least 200 to get all the bronze level mats.
After that, you might want to switch to 30AP, since (from what I can see) it drops both Silver and Gold medals, so you can work on both at the same time (as well as earn extra XP when compared to 20AP). You need A LOT of Gold medals, so the sooner you start working on that, the better. It'd be a shame to get all of the Silver ones you need at 20AP, only to move onto 30AP and get more of them when you have no need for it.

That's going to be my plan, as well.

T-Rex.

Banned
After that, you might want to switch to 30AP, since (from what I can see) it drops both Silver and Gold medals, so you can work on both at the same time (as well as earn extra XP when compared to 20AP). You need A LOT of Gold medals, so the sooner you start working on that, the better. It'd be a shame to get all of the Silver ones you need at 20AP, only to move onto 30AP and get more of them when you have no need for it.

That's going to be my plan, as well.
Nah, stick with 20. I've used around 210 on the 30 and all it has dropped is like 40 gold and one claw. 20 is the most efficient.

chrono01

Nah, stick with 20. I've used around 210 on the 30 and all it has dropped is like 40 gold and one claw. 20 is the most efficient.
Hmm, maybe I just got lucky then. Thanks, I'll keep it in mind when I finish off the Bronze medals.

Or maybe I'm just confused entirely and 30AP doesn't drop Silver medals at all? I can't check right now, no AP. :/

T-Rex.

Banned
Hmm, maybe I just got lucky then. Thanks, I'll keep it in mind when I finish off the Bronze medals.

Or maybe I'm just confused entirely and 30AP doesn't drop Silver medals at all? I can't check right now, no AP. :/
I don't think it does cos I haven't had a single one drop from it, but then again RNG.

Moonlight

Banned
Think I'll stick with 5 AP for bronze medals for now, and then move straight to 30 AP once I've got all the ascension mats from that. Forbidden Pages would be nice to have, but not really necessary for anyone I have or wanna have until like... maybe Tamamo no Mae? And not even sure if I'm gonna really go for her. Claws seem more generally useful, anyways.

Passing over the CE entirely if I don't get it off a drop. Art's nice and all but it'll just wind up forgotten in the depths of my inventory anyways.

Tidd

First 30 stamina run lol

RoiJ5BI.jpg

Where was my luck when I did my 30 quartz pull? :(

Kenai

It dropped Silver medals a whopping one time for me (5). Seems to be almost as rare as the rare drops. If you are going after Silver I'd definitely do the 20.

Also finally got the one claw I wanted. Also got...85 golds. I didn't mind farming it since I have gotten a lot of stamina overflow now and only needed the one.

Speaking of, not sure what to farm if anything now outside of medals. I'm not going to farm Crystals from the Golem round for Iskandar lest my hubris haunt me later (and I'll probably gt more from future stuff anyway). May try to sneak in a few chances for Golds for Waver from the normal daily, but that seems like a waste...

Articalys

Will likely jump to 20 after that for silvers.
That's what I thought initially, but then I considered if I was going to be grinding the 5AP for bronze, I might as well wait until they have something like the Seed or Lantern as the possible material drop.

I think for now I'll alternate between 20AP and 30AP; that should strike a fair balance between both getting more XP efficiency and medal drop variety.

chrono01

It dropped Silver medals a whopping one time for me (5). Seems to be almost as rare as the rare drops. If you are going after Silver I'd definitely do the 20.

Also finally got the one claw I wanted. Also got...85 golds. I didn't mind farming it since I have gotten a lot of stamina overflow now and only needed the one.

Speaking of, not sure what to farm if anything now outside of medals. I'm not going to farm Crystals from the Golem round for Iskandar lest my hubris haunt me later (and I'll probably gt more from future stuff anyway). May try to sneak in a few chances for Golds for Waver from the normal daily, but that seems like a waste...
So what you're telling me is that the Silver drop I got could have been the event CE instead.

...Well damn. :(

A report of my first hours of umufest:

Did 4 ticket pulls and got nothing, tried a 10 pull with quartz and still no umu.

Start doing the event runs to get the rewards, and on my first 20 AP run I get the CE...wtf is wrong with you RNG, are you Satan or something?!

Kenai

BF started playing. I wonder how that could have happened *coughUnknownSolider*cough* Honestly don't think it will hold his interest for a long time but ya never know.

I need to farm 7 Claw of Chaos to fully ascend Heracles T_T

You've got til 4 am Friday. Plenty of time! (no seriously RIP)

Is it worth it to go for the hommunculi babies? Or am i better of exchanging the medals for other stuff.

I bought them all. I don't need them now but you can't really farm those at all, only available from events and one time quests iirc. Never know who you will pull later

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You guys are making me want to burn the rest of my SQs.

Please stop.

I am content with Atilla.

I don't need to roll anymore.

There will be more things to roll for.

I am happy.

Kenai

You guys are making me want to burn the rest of my SQs.

Please stop.

I am content with Atilla.

I don't need to roll anymore.

There will be more things to roll for.

I am happy.

I found it easier to not want to roll by setting my sights on the banner I am saving up for. If you really get an itch make an account just to reroll on via emulator or something (if they fixed it)

Zhao_Yun

So... I started this game 2 days ago and I am kinda unsure how to proceed. I got myself a Waver and a Heracles from the free pulls and cleared Fuyuki City. What is the best strategy for level up in early game? just put everything into my 2 strongest servants or should I try to build a balanced team already?

If anyone wants to add me: 240,091,060

Grazzt

I'm farming the claws until this first round ends. I think it's better to hold till the last round to farm 20ap quest for silver medals, since it also drops snake eye jewels.

What is the best strategy for level up in early game? just put everything into my 2 strongest servants or should I try to build a balanced team already?
I would just focus on Waver and Herc until they reach the level cap. They are more than enough for clearing daily quests, plus you can always choose a support servant to balance your team.

Zhao_Yun

I would just focus on Waver and Herc until they reach the level cap. They are more than enough for clearing daily quests, plus you can always choose a support servant to balance your team.

Okay thanks. Should I save my 4* All exp cards for Ruler and Shield types or just use them on whoever?

Quonny

Did 20 pulls, got Kaleidoscope and Nero. Then ascended Altera, then boosted her to 80. She's a beast.

Cannot complain at all.

chrono01

Did 20 pulls, got Kaleidoscope and Nero. Then ascended Altera, then boosted her to 80. She's a beast.

Cannot complain at all.
Nope, I definitely wouldn't be complaining in that situation, haha. Congrats!

All of you people ascending your characters to 80, and I'm still monuments short. At least the event following Nerofest should help with this, but still. Feels bad. :/

Mupod

Did my single ticket pull as planned, oh no 3 lines so it can't be a servant, wait shit that's a fucking Kaleidoscope.

y91YGs9.gif

Cruziao

Neo Member
This thread made want to pull even though I know how shitty my luck is ;_;
So after 4 straight 3* trash
YASSSS QUUEEEEN!!!

As for today farming...
Goddamnit Waver pls stahp

You know, the OT title is making more and more sense as each day goes on, haha.
Indeed >_>

Is it worth it to go for the hommunculi babies? Or am i better of exchanging the medals for other stuff.
Due to the drop rate of material, I think it's worth it.
And you can't farm Crystallized Lore btw... Event Only CMIIW

Grazzt

This thread made want to pull even though I know how shitty my luck is ;_;
So after 4 straight 3* trash

YASSSS QUUEEEEN!!!

As for today farming...
Goddamnit Waver pls stahp

Indeed >_>

Due to the drop rate of material, I think it's worth it.
And you can't farm Crystallized Lore btw... Event Only CMIIW
Congrats. Btw your team lacks some firepower...

Got thru all the quests pretty easily. Then started farming for talons. Got one and decided to farm bronze medals to ascend Altera. Wasn't planning to pull at all, but 3 straight Super Successes in a row when fusing XP (which let Altera jump to lvl 80 using only like 45 4* Saber cards) made me risk my luck. No dice with that single summon ticket haha, got Romulus. Back to Talon farming for everyone else that needs them Oh and Altera + Gil + friend Waver got me fairly easy and safe 7-8 clears of the last mission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom