• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Waver NPC is so silly, I always gun for him first before he starts spamming Tactician's advice.

Reddit Spreadsheet with community gathered drop rates: https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6pfq34/spreadsheet_nerofest_drops/

As far as medals are concerned it seems to be 5AP quest for Bronze, 10AP for Silver and 30AP for Gold. 20AP is not worth it, I think, mostly because the guaranteed medal drops aren't weighted towards Gold so you're spending more AP for an even chance of getting either Bronze, Silver or Gold.

As a reminder, you need:

To clear out the shop:
300 Bronze
400 Silver
1100 Gold

Skipping Nightless Rose CEs:
300 Bronze
200 Silver
700 Gold

Skipping EXP cards:
200 Bronze
300 Silver
1100 Gold

Skipping Both Nightless Rose and EXP:
200 Bronze
100 Silver
700 Gold

kewlmyc

Dammit, why do I have to be moving to a different state during the majority of this event. I really need more talons.

At least I should be able to get the pieces for level up Gil, Altura, and Waver.

The monuments are another story though.

Skipping Both Nightless Rose and CE:
200 Bronze
100 Silver
700 Gold

This doesn't seem so hard, especially since Bronze and Silver are cheap at 5 and 10 AP respectively, plus they give decent to good Bond points. Although I still want at least one Nightless Rose

Now, if only the material drop % were better.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
taking the same tactic as others.. farming 5AP for bronze (almost 1/2 way there).. then farming 20AP until I finish silver.. is it worth going to 30AP to finish off 700 for gold? or stay at 20AP?

I sort of want the CE (nice pic :D )but can't see myself farming 200 of anything for it.

RSchmitz

taking the same tactic as others.. farming 5AP for bronze (almost 1/2 way there).. then farming 20AP until I finish silver.. is it worth going to 30AP to finish off 700 for gold? or stay at 20AP?

I sort of want the CE (nice pic :D )but can't see myself farming 200 of anything for it.
Seems like the 20 ap is not worthy:

Reddit Spreadsheet with community gathered drop rates: https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6pfq34/spreadsheet_nerofest_drops/

As far as medals are concerned it seems to be 5AP quest for Bronze, 10AP for Silver and 30AP for Gold. 20AP is not worth it, I think, mostly because the guaranteed medal drops aren't weighted towards Gold so you're spending more AP for an even chance of getting either Bronze, Silver or Gold.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Go 30. 20 looks bad apparently.

tsOZrUG.png

T-Rex.

Banned
400+ AP and only 2 claws to show for it pissed me off so much that I decided to do a 10 roll as I thought my luck would be better there and thus I rolled Waver. Nice.

These rate-ups are weird though, so many people are pulling a 5* servant but it's not the rate-up one.

Hubb

20AP might be bad, but I'll be farming the ever loving shit out of it for the Phoenix Feathers. Need way too many of them.

I don't think I will have a problem clearing out the medal shop though.

400+ AP and only 2 claws to show for it pissed me off so much that I decided to do a 10 roll as I thought my luck would be better there and thus I rolled Waver. Nice.

These rate-ups are weird though, so many people are pulling a 5* servant but it's not the rate-up one.
Rate up is a fucking lie.

It took me 180 quartz to get Umu. Fuck those 3 5* scopes I got in the mean time.

Mupod

I'm doing gold first 'cause this 30AP mission theoretically drops talons and I need a ton of those. And on the last set of missions, bronze gives ghost lanterns. I will need those for various Tamamos.

Of course I've cleared the 30AP one tons of times today and haven't seen a claw drop but it could happen.

T-Rex.

Banned
Rate up is a fucking lie.

It took me 180 quartz to get Umu. Fuck those 3 5* scopes I got in the mean time.
It really is. Tales from my arse and all that, but on the JP server when people got a 5* from the rate-up banners it was usually the servant that had the rate-up, but it's all over the place here.

Mupod

Assuming some of the stories on reddit are true, I'd sadly say 180 quartz is a blessing.

there's a dude who's been posting about how he's spent over 3000 quartz and has not found a 5* servant. Considering I'm saving for one servant it's making me...a little concerned.

First event, only been playing for two days now, somehow got hooked after downloading it on a whim even though f2p games really aren't my cup of tea. Now it's hard to stop playing, my mind drifts to my AP when I'm not playing, and I'm confident I won't feel put down on even if I don't spend money.

Got the Nero CE in a drop, wasn't going to buy it so it was a pleasant bonus on top of farming for medals for materials I'm not quite sure I'll be using soon. Also found out you can do dailies more than once to farm for EXP.

Not gonna use my Saint Quartz for a while, happy with the Servants I have now (Mash, Elizabeth, Marie, Robin Hood, Kiyohime) even if they might not be the most efficient.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
there's a dude who's been posting about how he's spent over 3000 quartz and has not found a 5* servant. Considering I'm saving for one servant it's making me...a little concerned.

I have not spent 3000... umm.. maybe just under 700... ? and I have received 1 5*. I thought before that I was under 200 pulls.. but 4 bundles from the shop alone puts me at 186 pulls.. and I know I've had AT LEAST two 10 pulls from bonus SQ.. and all of this is outside of my new game roll that got me jeanne.

sadly in true gacha fashion... I got Vlad (on Gil rate up no less) on like my second or third 10 pull.. and it just went all downhill from there.

Pejo

Man these chimera claw things still have a really shitty drop rate. I went into the event needing 10 and after all yesterday evening and this morning, I still need 7, after throwing every bit of AP and a golden apple and 2 level-ups at the 30AP stage. I honestly (incorrectly) assumed we'd just be grinding for event currency and buying what we want from the event store, not just grinding like every other day. Kinda bums me out.

Kenai

I need something like 30 berserker monuments and I have 1. Apparently you can't even get them from the moon event either. Guh.

Yea. 20(!) Gold Pieces of Rider/Archer/Assassin each available in the shop and farmable gold casters/archers/assassins from the last boss rounds. I fully expect to have to go through hell for my two caster pieces for Waver too.

On the other hand, the event after the Dango one (I guess Nobu since Halloween is pretty far away still) has free quests that can drop any of them, including a (40) one that can drop all of them.

I wasn't joking about saving up for 10 pulls at minimum for Iskandar and still being super skeptical of my odds. These are 1% rates with no pity boost we are talking about here! And a lot of people haven't been getting rate up servants either so US rate ups could be worse too.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Getting a pull but not getting the rate up character is just bogus. Like, I pulled a saber, ffs give me one of the rate up characters, not Sieg!!

sandpiper

It depends.

Here are my big players and I have only spent free quartz - not a dime of actual money - on this game.

I plan on remaining F2P for the foreseeable future.

It depends.

Here are my big players and I have only spent free quartz - not a dime of actual money - on this game.

How did you get so many blue caster gems for Waver's skills?

I haven't seen a single one of those beyond the ones we were given. That's not enough to get past level 2.

sandpiper

How did you get so many blue caster gems for Waver's skills?

I haven't seen a single one of those beyond the ones we were given. That's not enough to get past level 2.

I spent a ton of time grinding dailies during the Gil half-AP event. I actually spent so much time that I have four Serpent Jewels from that period of time. Naturally, I got a zillion caster gems at the same time. I was gunning for 6 to help ascend Gil, but I didn't make it.

And yes, I was impatient enough to waste a couple of the (valuable) free saint quartz just to refill.

sandpiper

What's the best way to get the medals needed for the Nightless Rose CE?

To be honest, I would just keep doing events and not even spend medals on the CE.

I had the CE drop just by doing the matches over and over, and it's only the first day. There are plenty more days to go, you will probably get it eventually. If you don't have it drop for some reason, it's OK, this CE is actually really shit comparatively.

chrono01

Wow Waver's third skill really is ridiculous. Only one person on my list has it so far though.
I thought Monuments were available during this event, I planned poorly. I still need two. :(

Oh well, at least I have the rest of the materials! I'm not sure whether I'll try grinding for it tomorrow or use my AP instead on the current event, since the one that immediately follows Nerofest (if the Japanese schedule is anything to go by) has Caster Monuments so I can always grab them there...

I'll think on it.

I wish. Need monuments. :( So, I guess, tomorrow.
I'm tempted to grind them tomorrow, but really not excited to hope that 1/4 of the Servants that appear is Caster. Way too much RNG and too expensive now that we don't have the 1/2 AP. If it was a Caster-only daily (like the revised Japan dailies) it'd be no issue, but since we don't...

Might want to wait until the event that follows Nerofest and use your AP on the current limited-time event. I get your frustration though, I really want to unlock Waver third skill too. I could also use the FP. :/

Any idea when Jeanne Alter is dropping?
Not soon enough.

(Early next year, estimated.)

sandpiper

I have no idea what I should be doing during this event. Any tips?

Get the Gears and the Pages ASAP. Those won't be available again in the game until London.

The other thing you should be getting are the Crystallized Lores. They're the rarest material in the game, only available in events, and every single servant in FGO needs them to max out their skills to level 10.

If you really want babies, you can get those too, but I would save the gold medals to get Lores.

So basically, clear out the shop except for the homunculus babies and then grind 30AP for gold medals.

Also, the Chimeras on 30AP drop claws which are normally extremely hard to farm - today is one of your best chances to farm claws if you have a servant that needs them for ascension.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah it all depends on how lucky you are, and with these rates I'd say most people are right to be concerned.

Yeah, it's kinda meaningless for someone to post their account and suggest that the rates really aren't that worrisome. "Hey I hit the lottery. It's not that hard, guys! I don't get the complaints." I mean, OF COURSE it varies by person - that's the definition of RNG.

Anyway, you're right chrono that it's probably best to wait on the Waver monuments while Nero is going on. Butttt I might do one or two runs to tempt fate ;)

Shizuka

Get the Gears and the Pages ASAP. Those won't be available again in the game until London.

The other thing you should be getting are the Crystallized Lores. They're the rarest material in the game, only available in events, and every single servant in FGO needs them to max out their skills to level 10.

If you really want babies, you can get those too, but I would save the gold medals to get Lores.

So basically, clear out the shop except for the homunculus babies and then grind 30AP for gold medals.

Also, the Chimeras on 30AP drop claws which are normally extremely hard to farm - today is one of your best chances to farm claws if you have a servant that needs them for ascension.

I know I've been playing this ever since it was released, but I didn't understand a word you just said that, which makes me question if I'm even playing the game properly.

To be honest, I would just keep doing events and not even spend medals on the CE.

I had the CE drop just by doing the matches over and over, and it's only the first day. There are plenty more days to go, you will probably get it eventually. If you don't have it drop for some reason, it's OK, this CE is actually really shit comparatively.

Oh can the CE drop even from the novice level match?

sandpiper

I know I've been playing this ever since it was released, but I didn't understand a word you just said that, which makes me question if I'm even playing the game properly.

Eternal Gears and Forbidden Pages.

Click on 'Nerofest' - the giant red banner on the home screen - and then look at the different events.

Each event costs X amount of your AP - the 30AP is the highest difficulty one.

You need those Gears to ascend people like Emiya to increase their level cap, and you need those Pages to ascend people like Waver to increase their level cap.

Essentially, the main draw of this event is to farm materials so people can remove the current level caps for their characters.

You can trade the 'medals' that drop from these events for materials in the shop above - you know, where the Trade button is on the top of the window.

Example of what I mean:

To allow Waver to increase his level cap from 80-90 in this particular instance, you need to collect 12 Caster Monuments, 10 Eternal Gears, and 10 Phoenix Plumes.

In this event, you can get 15 Eternal Gears through the first-time quest reward completion AND trading in your medals.

Example 2: You also level up the character's skills with the same sort of materials.

Every servant in the game needs Crystallized Lores, the material they're offering 3 of in Nerofest for 200 Gold Medals apiece, to get a chosen skill to Level 10, the max level for a skill for an FGO character. They are really rare.

Cool thanks.

Question: For the CE XP bombs, which is the correct method (cause I've read both online):

1) Make 20 limit broken 1 or 2* CEs and then feed them to each other

2) Make one limit broken CE and then feed it to the next base one, and so on and so on.

chrono01

Every servant in the game needs Crystallized Lores, the material they're offering 3 of in Nerofest for 200 Gold Medals apiece, to get a chosen skill to Level 10, the max level for a skill for an FGO character. They are really rare.
These are rare? I got one of them in my first 30AP run. When I saw the gold chest I was happy, since I thought Monuments dropped and I needed them. Then I saw what it was, I was instantly disappointed. Now I'm happy once again.

I'm a mix of emotions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom