• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT2| That's Hell You're Walking Into

deanote666

e2T6Llp.jpg

This is truly Nasu's magnum opus or something. JFC this was long. I think in terms of word count it's almost as long as Mahoyo and that is saying a lot considering Mahoyo is an entire VN and this was just one chapter of an ongoing story. The best parts of this are top tier Nasu but there is way too much time wasting in Part I (Sections 1-10) and then it climaxes too early (that's what she said) and the denouement drags on too long at the end and sucks the drama out of the finish. Get an editor or something, Nasu.
y94D73G.png

Congrats! Cernunnos is considered the hardest boss in the game from what I've seen others say.

y94D73G.png

Congrats! Cernunnos is considered the hardest boss in the game from what I've seen others say.

LB6 related
The fluffy god is only hard if you seriously try to grit your teeth and clear the fight without continues. Normal people were like fuck it, that's what the leyline stones are for.

Yamataikoku related

Lasagna: "This is just the boss theme for some comedy event, you don't need to go hard on this"
Composer:
piano-piano-on-fire.gif

The resulting song is on-point though, since Himiko is voiced by Nanoha's VA

Last edited:

Pejo

LB6 related
The fluffy god is only hard if you seriously try to grit your teeth and clear the fight without continues. Normal people were like fuck it, that's what the leyline stones are for.

Yamataikoku related

Lasagna: "This is just the boss theme for some comedy event, you don't need to go hard on this"
Composer:
piano-piano-on-fire.gif

The resulting song is on-point though, since Himiko is voiced by Nanoha's VA

It annoys me so much that 99% of the music in the game are the same 5 tracks and then they have these absolutely amazing 1 time use event songs.

The KnK event "fatal battle" song will always be one of my favorites and you can't even listen to it in the game as far as I know.

deanote666

It annoys me so much that 99% of the music in the game are the same 5 tracks and then they have these absolutely amazing 1 time use event songs.

The KnK event "fatal battle" song will always be one of my favorites and you can't even listen to it in the game as far as I know.

Licensing. I've seen gatcha do collabs where they never re-release anything that was in that collab outside of the collab because they no longer have the license to do so.

That song is Paradigm by Kalafina, fyi.

Last edited:

If you want more of that, watch the KnK movies. You can enjoy 7 movies of that music, plus 3 OVA's.

Yuki Kajiura in her prime was something that can never be imitated

Also the 8 people in the player base who actually have Asagami Fujino can enjoy 5 seconds of this track every time she breaks that bridge again as a SINGLE TARGET NP

I'm still mad that one time they brought in the extra Fujino banner during last year's summer event that JP didn't get, they broke it and her rate up was messed up and I didn't get her. Fucking Lasagna. They refunded everyone's SQ, something I've never seen before, but I would rather they had kept the SQ and just given me Fujino

Off topic but I reached my first ending in Samurai Remnant Flames of Resentment. Wew, what a ride this game has been.

Immediately started on NG+, gonna go for the Platinum trophy while I'm still enjoying it.

EDIT: If anyone wants to be spoiled about the servants in Samurai Remnant, click below
Saber: Yamato Takeru
Archer: Zhou Yu
Lancer: Jeanne D'Arc
Rider: Ushi-Gozen (Minamoto-no-Raikou)
Caster: Hieda no Are
Assassin: Koga Saburo
Berserker: Miyamoto Musashi

Rouge Saber: Kiso Yoshinaka
Rouge Archer: Arjuna
Rouge Lancer: Cu Chulainn
Rouge Rider: Tamamo Aria
Rouge Caster: Circe
Rouge Assassin: Li Shuwen
Rouge Berserker: Samson

Ruler: Gilgamesh

Third Caster: Ototachibana-hime

Last edited:

Pejo

So what the hell is the requirement to get into this new event? I thought they said that Sin was the last progress-gate they were going to put on the events, what the fuck is this? Worst part is that it doesn't even properly explain what I need to beat to get in, it just says "You must clear "Naraka Mandala, Heian-kyo". What even is that?

deanote666

So what the hell is the requirement to get into this new event? I thought they said that Sin was the last progress-gate they were going to put on the events, what the fuck is this? Worst part is that it doesn't even properly explain what I need to beat to get in, it just says "You must clear "Naraka Mandala, Heian-kyo". What even is that?
It is bs. They only gave a 6 day warning (I tried to warn you in an earlier post).

Wasn't there an event that required you to beat LB2?

When you get multiple copies of 0.031% chance off banner 4* characters before a single rate up 4/5*. Got Nightingale NP9 too.

So far, nothing in the story is connected to 5.5 but still early.

Last edited:

Pejo

It is bs. They only gave a 6 day warning (I tried to warn you in an earlier post).

Wasn't there an event that required you to beat LB2?

When you get multiple copies of 0.031% chance off banner 4* characters before a single rate up 4/5*. Got Nightingale NP9 too.

So far, nothing in the story is connected to 5.5 but still early.
So I looked up the content I need to clear to even access the event, and I'm still trying to decide if I want to commit to this. I'd need to finish LB4 (I'm at the last 2-3 fights in it) then 5.0, 5.2 and 5.5. Then I'd have to probably rush the event since I'd be a week behind just to get the free avenger...

Man I dunno what to do. How long are the LB5 parts up through the end of 5.5, would you guys estimate?

deanote666

So I looked up the content I need to clear to even access the event, and I'm still trying to decide if I want to commit to this. I'd need to finish LB4 (I'm at the last 2-3 fights in it) then 5.0, 5.2 and 5.5. Then I'd have to probably rush the event since I'd be a week behind just to get the free avenger...

Man I dunno what to do. How long are the LB5 parts up through the end of 5.5, would you guys estimate?
I guess it depends if you want to skip/watch later or not on the cut scenes but you'd get more out of what's going on in the actual fights if you know what's going on.

In LB 5.2, there's a plot point that permanently changes your UI in part of the game, and I am not sure what all it tells you when it does it so that could possibly give yourself a spoiler if you choose the skip/watch later route.

Depending on how fast you read, you'd probably be no life-ing to get those 3 done in a week. I'll admit I took breaks during those LB's so I'm not sure how long they actually take to do from start to finish.

I'd highly recommend having some of those leyline stones on hand.

Even if you don't make it in time, you don't lose anything by trying. Some good stuff in LB 5.2. Just make sure you keep track of all the moving parts towards the end of LB 5.2 for LB6. ;)

Once you finish 5.2, you'll finally be able to open my spoiler. ;)

Off topic but Fate related, I was challenged to pick my top 5 Fate OP songs.

it was hard as hell, but I finally settled on a top 5, in no particular order

Fate/Samurai Remnant:

Fate/Extra CCC:

Fate/Grand Order - Cosmos in the Lostbelt OP 2:

Fate/Extra Last Encore:

Fate/Zero OP 1:

Last edited:

deanote666

Well, the event has a single reference to LB 5.2 in the final story chunk that could have been avoided all together. The deck of the ship

Guess that might have been the only story reason for the story requirement?

You make it through 5.1, Pejo Pejo ?

Pejo

Well, the event has a single reference to LB 5.2 in the final story chunk that could have been avoided all together. The deck of the ship

Guess that might have been the only story reason for the story requirement?

You make it through 5.1, Pejo Pejo ?
I didn't even try. I've been so pressed for time lately, there was no chance. Guess I'll hit it on the rerun. Arbitrary story requirements for events is bullshit.

Pejo

These motherfuckers will walk 100000 miles to avoid having to collab with an anime IP that fans would lose their shit over, but now we have this:

Translated:
[From Chaldea Public Relations Bureau]A triple collaboration between McDonald's, Coca-Cola, and FGO has been decided!Detailed information will be released tomorrow, November 29th (Wednesday) from 18:45 on "FGO Chaldea Broadcasting Station Light Edition ~Gudaguda 2023~", so please wait for further information.

Good thing we're keeping the IP "pure".

deanote666

I haven't played any games that had a true/proper crossover with other franchises that weren't already linked in some way. I've seen some skins maybe but not a true crossover.

FFXV had an assassin's creed event I think but not sure if that counts. Had some similar gameplay but no actual AC characters running around.

Don't think genshin dropping aloy in and nothing else really counts either.

Kama's interlude involved LB6 characters so not sure if that's story locked or not.

Pejo

I haven't played any games that had a true/proper crossover with other franchises that weren't already linked in some way. I've seen some skins maybe but not a true crossover.
I mean just look up any of the games that Nier/Persona 5 collabed with. All 20000 of them.

deanote666

I mean just look up any of the games that Nier/Persona 5 collabed with. All 20000 of them.
I didn't say they didn't exist, just games I haven't played. ;)

I've also not played Nier or Persona 5. ;)

I played P3 and P4. Listened to my sis play P5 and I got tired of the music just listening to her play since it was the same music over and over again the entire game.

Pejo

Weird, no new xmas gacha servant this year. Fine by me though, I'd like to ideally get a Dobrynya without wasting too much on the next banner, and then try to make sure I get Koyan of Darkness for NY.

Anybody know what the grouping categories are for this year's GSSR?

deanote666

No idea on the GSSR...

When I saw skadi, I thought I could skip the banner...

Then I realized I need event CE...

Then it was giving more 4* characters than CE when all I wanted was event CE...

Pejo

No idea on the GSSR...

When I saw skadi, I thought I could skip the banner...

Then I realized I need event CE...

Then it was giving more 4* characters than CE when all I wanted was event CE...
I mean do you really need event CEs though? Even if you don't clear the shop, are you really hurting for something right now?

Well anyways, I was looking at the 2024 estimated banners (click to embiggen):
gdee3fyv439a1.jpg

Pretty rerun heavy for the first part of the year, but I forgot that 2024 will be the year we have Arcuied into 3x SSRs for summer banners (FemMerlin, Ibuki, Skadi). That's gonna be an absolutely brutal run on your resources.

deanote666

I mean do you really need event CEs though? Even if you don't clear the shop, are you really hurting for something right now?

Well anyways, I was looking at the 2024 estimated banners (click to embiggen):
gdee3fyv439a1.jpg

Pretty rerun heavy for the first part of the year, but I forgot that 2024 will be the year we have Arcuied into 3x SSRs for summer banners (FemMerlin, Ibuki, Skadi). That's gonna be an absolutely brutal run on your resources.
Always get the skill/ascension items from shops.

Never underestimate how much of a resource you need. You can easily go from 500 to under 100 of a single item with just a handful of servants. I could farm Singularity F for bones for months and still be craving bones.

deanote666

This event is only about a week so make sure you don't procrastinate! Pejo Pejo and other fellow players.

2nd node is casters. 3rd node is assassins.

When you forget to switch your party between node 2 and 3 and then hit repeat...

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Better sell while you can before mentally ill Aniplex localizers ruin the value by inserting their gender identity and commie politics into the game. Just a matter of time til it makes its way to JP.

Lmaaao

I've been trying for a year, but no interested buyershowed up

deanote666

Better sell while you can before mentally ill Aniplex localizers ruin the value by inserting their gender identity and commie politics into the game. Just a matter of time til it makes its way to JP.

To be fair, they were referring to a literal egg that they were going to eat.

slOLtY4.jpg

Top Bottom