• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT2| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Haha damn, I never even saw the base Barghest NP. Well done! That's gonna be a good summer event.
Her Summer version's whole schtick is putting out fires.

It's why I immediately thought of Burning Rangers and did the song over her NP lol. But then again, I'm an old ass lol. Younger people might think of Fire Force.

EDIT: I was inspired to do a Summer Baobhan Sith version. Guess the song lol.

Last edited:
EDIT: Double post

EDIT2: I'll just use this instead of doing another post.
Koyanskaya really just pulled a "PREPARE FOR TROUBLE AND MAKE IT DOUBLE" on me tonight.

Screenshot-20240108-231320.png

Screenshot-20240108-231334.png

Last edited:

Pejo

Her Summer version's whole schtick is putting out fires.

It's why I immediately thought of Burning Rangers and did the song over her NP lol. But then again, I'm an old*** lol. Younger people might think of Fire Force.

EDIT: I was inspired to do a Summer Baobhan Sith version. Guess the song lol.

It took me a long ass time to think what the song was from, even though I could hum the whole thing after the video finished. Was it that show about the redhead and the guy with the deer skull head and the dragons and stuff? It's been so long since I've seen that show, but it's a great song.

So I got that new Pretender in 4 tickets. First time I've had early luck on a banner in a very long time.

Is it possible to explain to me what a Pretender class servant is, without spoiling LB6 and the main story in general? I know Oberon was the first one, but I still don't know what the servant designation means or implies.

deanote666

It took me a long ass time to think what the song was from, even though I could hum the whole thing after the video finished. Was it that show about the redhead and the guy with the deer skull head and the dragons and stuff? It's been so long since I've seen that show, but it's a great song.

So I got that new Pretender in 4 tickets. First time I've had early luck on a banner in a very long time.

Is it possible to explain to me what a Pretender class servant is, without spoiling LB6 and the main story in general? I know Oberon was the first one, but I still don't know what the servant designation means or implies.
Best to take it at face value as just another extra class until you beat LB6.

Took me more than 4 rolls to get a single copy...

Ancient Magus Bride, yup.

No Reines or the new Pretender for me, but can't really complain considering the insane luck I had the other day.

Also, it seems like Melu really does need Oberon to be a top-tier farmer. Without him I have to use Prisma Cosmos CE + Waver along with the two Light Koyans. She does decent damage, but Morgan does better with the same supports + Aerial Drive CE.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Finally sold my JP account. It was a nice ride

It was a good ride but holy shit i had enough of Gacha and GaaS games.

Last edited:

Pejo

Looks like they're gonna let JP vote for the event reruns they want. Wonder if we'll get whatever JP votes or if they will let NA have our own vote when we catch up.

The choices:
z08boco796cc1.png

Pejo

I don't know or care what others think, but god damn I love Raita proportions on his art.
glpklr8qvycc1.png

He's one of my favorite artists in FGO for sure.

deanote666

where the heck are they getting thousands of eyes?

are eyepatch salesman doing well in alternate realities?

deanote666

Me realizing I had an extra DaVinci caster copy I didn't remember getting and then fusing it before I remembered to check the date... NP3.

Edit: it was from the guaranteed 5* summon back on August 15 that they made permanent for new players, limited time for old players, lol.

Last edited:

Pejo

So for the 20 year anni of the Deen FATE anime, JP is getting a CE selection of the original cast (minus a few servants). Whichever CE you pick, you also get a copy of the servant.
2vqa5aidojfc1.png
ehpcf8idojfc1.png
iyng17idojfc1.png
pr5yg4idojfc1.png
dcu894idojfc1.png
qjfw73idojfc1.png
hgqmz1idojfc1.png

No Gil or Hassan.

I'm actually kinda conflicted on which one I'll pick if we get it. I guess I could go for the easy NP level for Artoria, but that's boring and I would never use her over her Alter self or Mordred or any number of other Buster Sabers. I'm torn between Cu and Medusa. I think Cu has the best art out of the whole lineup and he was what got me into the franchise and FGO in general, but that Medusa pose is iconic and also fantastic art.

Decisions...

deanote666

So for the 20 year anni of the Deen FATE anime, JP is getting a CE selection of the original cast (minus a few servants). Whichever CE you pick, you also get a copy of the servant.
2vqa5aidojfc1.png
ehpcf8idojfc1.png
iyng17idojfc1.png
pr5yg4idojfc1.png
dcu894idojfc1.png
qjfw73idojfc1.png
hgqmz1idojfc1.png

No Gil or Hassan.

I'm actually kinda conflicted on which one I'll pick if we get it. I guess I could go for the easy NP level for Artoria, but that's boring and I would never use her over her Alter self or Mordred or any number of other Buster Sabers. I'm torn between Cu and Medusa. I think Cu has the best art out of the whole lineup and he was what got me into the franchise and FGO in general, but that Medusa pose is iconic and also fantastic art.

Decisions...
I got saber NP4 so I'll probably get her.

Any word if it's just another generic 50 mystic code/master exp CE or if it does something?

Pejo

I had no joy on this banner. Went in with 140~ Quartz and 9 tickets, only got 2 copies of the 4* CE, no copies of the 5* CE, and off banner copies of NP928347 Nursery Rhymes and that Chinese lancer that doesn't have a damaging NP, I forget her name. I was really hoping to get a copy of Bazett, but I doubt it's gonna happen. Does she rerun before next Valentines or is that my next shot?

deanote666

I had no joy on this banner. Went in with 140~ Quartz and 9 tickets, only got 2 copies of the 4* CE, no copies of the 5* CE, and off banner copies of NP928347 Nursery Rhymes and that Chinese lancer that doesn't have a damaging NP, I forget her name. I was really hoping to get a copy of Bazett, but I doubt it's gonna happen. Does she rerun before next Valentines or is that my next shot?
Based on JP banners, she gets one rerun next Valentines day and that's it, outside of GSSR pools.

Her NP is similar to the 0* avenger in that it acts as a counter attack rather than an attack. Not sure what to make of it..

RNG took pity on me this time around due to not having funds to spare.

Last edited:

Pejo

Based on JP banners, she gets one rerun next Valentines day and that's it, outside of GSSR pools.

Her NP is similar to the 0* avenger in that it acts as a counter attack rather than an attack. Not sure what to make of it..

RNG took pity on me this time around due to not having funds to spare.
Ah well, maybe next year then. Congrats on your NP2 streak.

Pejo

Decided I wanted to try a few more times for Bazett. I've been grinding out all of these interludes and strengthen quests I've been sitting on for years now. Some of the interludes have been pretty good. Both thought provoking ones and some funny ones. Lots of servant specific lore and lore on limitations of the Throne and stuff too. so far I was able to do 2 more 11 pulls, and got a big fat lot of nothing except a single copy of the 5* CE. I'm gonna try for a few more days, I should be able to get 60 quartz easy enough before the banner ends, but I have barely touched the event. The interludes are great but so damn time consuming, but the stories are good and I don't wanna skip them...

Conundrums.

Last edited:

Pejo

Brooooooo I just found out you can go back in and read interludes in the "materials" section.... for fucks sake, i've been putting these off because I thought you only had one shot at reading them or had to youtube it afterwards.
Fate Stay Night Animation GIF by All The Anime — Anime Limited

Challenge Quest? What "challenge"?

EDIT: Finally got Reines' skills to 10/10/10 so she can give 50% NP charge. According to websites her ATK up buff is 10% more than Waver so she'll replace him in my double Light Koyan/Morgan (with Aerial Drive CE and Chaldea Final Battle MC) buster loop team. Since I don't have Oberon, every % helps.

Honestly if I had Oberon, I'd be nuking everything with my NP3 Blue Melu White Dragon (I know I could use her now with Prisma Cosmos CE, but no Black Grail kills her damage, might as well use Morgan).

Last edited:

deanote666

Brooooooo I just found out you can go back in and read interludes in the "materials" section.... for fucks sake, i've been putting these off because I thought you only had one shot at reading them or had to youtube it afterwards.
Fate Stay Night Animation GIF by All The Anime — Anime Limited
But if you skip them, are you actually going to go back and watch them...?

Pejo

Alright just finished farming up likely the last 30 SQ I will have time to get before the event finishes. Wish me luck. Can I pull a Bazett hail mary?
iu

Pejo

No joy, just got another 5* CE, no Bazett.

Fuck this game, I still haven't started farming valetines shit, I'll probably just skip it at this point.

Pejo

337 Valentines CE's to collect...

Edit: You can collect 10 at once and newer cutscenes are voiced!
I started grinding out the event last night, I'm at 1.5 million points already thanks to this being an easy grind. I've only been using the lock-on chocolates so far, but the game just redeemed itself in my eyes all thanks (again) to Cinderella Elly. Being fully voiced is mandatory though. Something about her eyes closed pose and singing the most mundane shit is funny every single time it happens. She's a goddamn treasure and I hope her voice actress got paid accordingly for singing so good/bad and really selling that character. Especially for a welfare. If you'd have told me after the first Halloween event that I'd eventually be an Elly fanboy and look forward to her crazy Halloween shenanigans, I'd have called you a liar, but here we are now.

I'm obviously way behind in the story, but I also found it interesting how thirsty the fairy knights are for Masta, especially Melusine. Must be why she's so popular on JP side. Was pleasantly surprised that Zenobia was all, "I know I was married before but that was then and this is now, *wink wink*" Glad they stopped with the forced lore relevant pairings and embraced waifu degeneracy. Considering the game and genre, I think it was a good choice.

Once I hit the last copy of the CE and can MLB it, I'll probably go back and try to scrounge together one last 30 quartz if there's time for another shot at Bazett, but I feel like that dream is good and dead at this point. I really liked her in the story, and the 2nd ascension is fantastic. I was a bit annoyed in the story quest that her counter can't finish of an enemy's break bar. For what purpose would that be a thing? My guess is that they didn't know how to code an enemy dying in their attack phase without finishing off the phase, but it's stupid as fuck and makes her borderline useless on CQs, which is the primary place a counter kit would be useful.

Fucking Bells, man. Oberon needs them for his skills, too. Thankfully only 15 per skill, not fucking 70ish like Melusine.

I got his skill 2 and 3 to 10, that's enough to test Melusine as a looper (with Black Grail CE, sadly not MLB. I need two more for that).

And, I didn't use either Koyan's skill 2 since these enemies don't have the Man trait.

Last edited:

Pejo

Fucking Bells, man. Oberon needs them for his skills, too. Thankfully only 15 per skill, not fucking 70ish like Melusine.

I got his skill 2 and 3 to 10, that's enough to test Melusine as a looper (with Black Grail CE, sadly not MLB. I need two more for that).

And, I didn't use either Koyan's skill 2 since these enemies don't have the Man trait.

Is this your gameplay? Man I've never seen FGO get close to steady 60FPS before this.

Top Bottom