• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite girl scout cookies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HvySky

People in my office are selling girl scout cookies, and while I think the price per box is pretty ridiculous (it's up to $4 per this year), I can't deny that they're fucking delicious. I have no self restraint whatsoever so I had to buy a couple. What's your go-to flavor, GAF? If it's not caramel delites, you're wrong.

2294982622_664c39844c_z.jpg

Poppy

my favorite girl scout cookies are when you invite the girl scouts in and then make cookies out of them. kind of a hansel and gretel operation, you see

also thin mints

People in my office are selling girl scout cookies, and while I think the price per box is pretty ridiculous (it's up to $4 per this year), I can't deny that they're fucking delicious. I have no self restraint whatsoever so I had to buy a couple. What's your go-to flavor, GAF? If it's not caramel delites, you're wrong.

They're called samoas, heathen! :)

Dalek

My favorite are tagalongs.

There are Smores this year, but they are in short supply. My wife ordered them for the troop-and didn't get *any* boxes from the distributor and we've been told no more are coming.

Synless

Fun Fact: Kellogg is one of two manufacturing facilities that makes these. So when you see the Keebler branded ones that are sold in stores... those are also made in the same plant.

Grasshoppers are my favorite.

Savannah Smiles and the Do-si-dos are the best. Girl Scouts use two different bakeries and the one that uses the brand names is the best bakery. I haven't had any in so long. No one in my office at my new job is selling them.

That is the Kellogg Owned one. Little Brownie Bakers I believe it is called.

vainya

Neo Member
Savannah Smiles and the Do-si-dos are the best. Girl Scouts use two different bakeries and the one that uses the brand names is the best bakery. I haven't had any in so long. No one in my office at my new job is selling them.

RedZaraki

Banned
Samoas AKA Caramel Delights. And it's not close.

Luckily, Keebler makes their own version of this that's available year round.

vainya

Neo Member
Fun Fact: Kellogg is one of two manufacturing facilities that makes these. So when you see the Keebler branded ones that are sold in stores... those are also made in the same plant.

Grasshoppers are my favorite.

That is the Kellogg Owned one. Little Brownie Bakers I believe it is called.

That's the one! I wish they'd make more of the flavors commercially available.

I'm pretty sure that outside of a couple cookies here and there I've only ever eaten (and certainly only ever bought boxes of) samoas and thin mints. A sleeve of thin mints + a big thing of milk = a good time.

Do-Si-Dos, the peanut butter sandwich cookies. Made a 100 mile round trip last year to get a few boxes from family friends in our old neighborhood. Need to find a local dealer this year.

clav

I thought people here were going to boycott due to politics.

As for me, none. I don't like them as they make my teeth hurt.

Tagalongs I'm bummed since the area where I recently moved to are ABC Baker affiliated instead of Little Brownie Bakers. Peanut Butter Patties are not the same.

OP, you can't end your own thread like that.

magnetic

As a non-american, how are these things distributed? Is it kind of an offical "girl scout cookie" branding? Are there several manufacturers? Are there also boy scout cookies?

I´ve recently seen a Friends episode and the whole concept seemed a bit odd to me. Girl scouts selling cookies pops up a lot in american media, but I never really thought about the whole concept.

Tagalongs

My favorite are tagalongs.

There are Smores this year, but they are in short supply. My wife ordered them for the troop-and didn't get *any* boxes from the distributor and we've been told no more are coming.

Samoas and Tagalongs.

Never understood the Thin Mint hype.

Tagalongs. I can't think of any other cookie that even compares.

You are the chosen ones.

I concur with the Samoas OP!
It's strange because on almost everything else I absolutely can't STAND coconut. But I guess toasting it and covering it in sugar is pretty good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom