• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite girl scout cookies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a non-american, how are these things distributed? Is it kind of an offical "girl scout cookie" branding? Are there several manufacturers? Are there also boy scout cookies?

I´ve recently seen a Friends episode and the whole concept seemed a bit odd to me. Girl scouts selling cookies pops up a lot in american media, but I never really thought about the whole concept.
I assume they materialize from cootie based magic
No there are not boy scout cookies because boys dont have cooties

As a non-american, how are these things distributed? Is it kind of an offical "girl scout cookie" branding? Are there several manufacturers? Are there also boy scout cookies?

I´ve recently seen a Friends episode and the whole concept seemed a bit odd to me. Girl scouts selling cookies pops up a lot in american media, but I never really thought about the whole concept.

Usually at local places such as outside election polling places or shopping centers there is usually a table set up where the girl scouts from a local chapter and their parents sell them to you.

They also occasionally, not sure if they still do, sell them door to door where you order so many from them and receive them at a later date.

Samoas are perfect, thin mints are fine, tagalongs are good too but I get sick of them after a couple.

My mom had some boxes of different keebler elf shit in her cupboard last time I visited her, looked just like girl scout cookies. I only tried the Samoa kind, which looked identical but the chocolate tasted off

tagalongs-630x472.jpg

TagalongGAF!!!! ASSEMBLE!!!!

Selling cookies in the Girl Scouts has been a thing for decades. They use the money to fun trips and activities. I believe they do some stuff with charity, too. The point of the whole thing is to teach the girls the value of earning money and running a business.

Girl Scouts are are divided into troops. Each troops has to figure out the best way to sell their wares. Some go door to door, others set up stands in busy places around their neighborhoods, while others have their parents take orders at their workplace.

They Boy Scouts sell popcorn, but it's not nearly as popular as the cookies.

Kenstar

The hell kinda question is this? Is this obvious day?
Favorite planet to live on? Earth
Favorite Girl scout cookie? Samoas
Favorite life-form to live as? Human

If you ask a question there at least has to be 2 viable choices

D

Deleted member 607798

Unconfirmed Member
Mint chip by far! Would eat boxes upon boxes..

Bitanator

You missed that giant ass pic on the first page?

Oh and samoas but I rarely have them so I go with the keebler knock offs.

keebler knock offs are not as chewy and barely have taste, the Safeway knockoffs are the best ones you can get

D-Pad

Anyone try the Thin Mints cereal? Saw it on the store shelves yesterday and almost grabbed a box. Then I thought about eating chocolate-mint cereal for breakfast and decided against it.

It's obviously Thin Mints. I earned so many badges in Girl Scouts just selling huge amounts of Thin Mints to my family (and a few boxes of Samoas cause my sister's weird).

AndyD

aka andydumi
The coconut ones.

That said, I actually like the Keebler "off-brand" girl scout cookies better. And the price is infinitely better.

Anyone try the Thin Mints cereal? Saw it on the store shelves yesterday and almost grabbed a box. Then I thought about eating chocolate-mint cereal for breakfast and decided against it.
There's also a samoas version!

Also, do-si-dos > tagalongs.

I SAID IT

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Caramel Delites and Samoas are NOT the same thing.... they are close but the big difference is that...

Samoas = Dark Chocolate
Caramel Delites = Milk Chocolate

also the texture of the caramel is a bit different between the two.

I can only eat Caramel Delites because I dislike Dark Chocolate.

Side note there are also 2 types of smore cookies. one that is coated in chocolate and on that isnt.

they are GOOD

magnetic

Usually at local places such as outside election polling places or shopping centers there is usually a table set up where the girl scouts from a local chapter and their parents sell them to you.

They also occasionally, not sure if they still do, sell them door to door where you order so many from them and receive them at a later date.

Selling cookies in the Girl Scouts has been a thing for decades. They use the money to fun trips and activities. I believe they do some stuff with charity, too. The point of the whole thing is to teach the girls the value of earning money and running a business.

Girl Scouts are are divided into troops. Each troops has to figure out the best way to sell their wares. Some go door to door, others set up stands in busy places around their neighborhoods, while others have their parents take orders at their workplace.

They Boy Scouts sell popcorn, but it's not nearly as popular as the cookies.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom