• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite superhero/villain with 'Black' in their name?

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
jjMJTZK.jpg

Goku Black is a
rogue xenophobic God who uses the Super Dragon Balls to steal Goku's body. He then goes on a rampage exterminating non-God life from the universe, and even exploits time travel to convince his younger pre-body theft self to come along for the ride. He shows up in the timeline of Future Trunks and basically ruins their rebuilt world.

A supreme kai in training that used a time travel ring to gather dragonballs then wish he was inside goku's body he then killed goku's family and his old body with goku in it.
He then uses the time rings to jump back to before he did all this and recruit another version of himself who he tells to wish to be immortal that way there is always one of him he could confide in *he thinks he is the only one that sees how things should be* while he can act as the powerhouse to get things done

Thanks guys.
I wish I had the time to catch up. I still haven't finished Kai, lol. He sounds like a fun character.

Wow at the part I've underlined though, that's fucked-up.

hobozero

Black Sky, obviously. With her well-defined power set and detailed Netflix back story.

(oh god why did defenders have to suck so much...)

Thanks guys.
I wish I had the time to catch up. I still haven't finished Kai, lol. He sounds like a fun character.

Wow at the part I've underlined though, that's fucked-up.

Why did you even ask and read spoilers if you are planning to watch it? Knowing who is Goku Black was one of the best parts of that arc.

Why did you even ask and read spoilers if you are planning to watch it? Knowing who is Goku Black was one of the best parts of that arc.

Oh I don't care about spoilers that much in general and I was curious about why he's apparently so beloved. And if I ever get to it, it'll probably be in a few years so I doubt I'll remember much. I still haven't finished Breaking Bad and I'm on season 4 of Game of Thrones. I'm always way behind when it comes to tv and animation.

Platy

O3BKVAe.jpg

It was a tough decision but BlackHeart gets by juuuust a littleeeee bit from Black Panther

....if we ignore that he received the worst live action adaptation ever made

Honorable mention to Black Flash

O3BKVAe.jpg

It was a tough decision but BlackHeart gets by juuuust a littleeeee bit from Black Panther

....if we ignore that he received the worst live action adaptation ever made

Honorable mention to Black Flash
God, him getting stomped by Miles!Spider-Man was awful.

I want to say Black Panther, but I still need to read more about him. I didn't like either of the ones I've read. I really dislike most of the time when a black character is named black likely because he's black, but Black Panther is the exception and in the Tanehisi Coates story they called him The Panther most of the time anyway.
If you don't love Black Canary, you don't love comics.

Well all I've read of her was Kicking and Screaming and it was okay. What else would you recommend?

Black Vulcan is the coolest I've heard.

He was in harvey birdman attorney at law and the cartoon show it was kinda based on, whatever it was called.

Xero

Neither of the girls on arrow are remotely like comic book black canary anyways really. Still wish we would get an accurate live action black canary.

Top Bottom