• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favourite Simpsons joke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That moment in "A Star is Burns" when Marge is about to propose her idea at the town meeting and there's a general grumbling. Right after it dies out you hear one guy: "Marge is gonna say something."

Simpsons has the best crowd murmur dialogue. "The finger thing means the taxes!"
lol, SO TRUE! I love when you hear that dude say that "finger thing" line. They threw away more good jokes than most shows have front and center.

You could have a whole thread about their signs.

latest

Books_Books_and_Additional_Books.png

ggx2ac

Marge: Children, it's time for you to go to bed.

Lisa: Mom, I want to hear the sophisticated banter of witty adults.

Bart: Yeah, you can't have any fun in bed.

Homer: (chuckles) Son, when you're older, you'll know better.

*Homer daydreams*

Homer: Mmm. Oh baby. Mmm. Yeah.

119566.jpg

That moment in "A Star is Burns" when Marge is about to propose her idea at the town meeting and there's a general grumbling. Right after it dies out you hear one guy: "Marge is gonna say something."

Simpsons has the best crowd murmur dialogue. "The finger thing means the taxes!"

That's definitely my favorite.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Marge: Children, it's time for you to go to bed.

Lisa: Mom, I want to hear the sophisticated banter of witty adults.

Bart: Yeah, you can't have any fun in bed.

Homer: (chuckles) Son, when you're older, you'll know better.

*Homer daydreams*

Homer: Mmm. Oh baby. Mmm. Yeah.

119566.jpg
172028.gif

I'll come back to it later for image formatting unless someone else wants to but.

Young Moe at water fountain.

Also Marge' Dads reaction when young marge sees him working as an air steward

"Don't look at meeeee!!!!"

Growing up in a religious household, even my dad gets a chuckle out of:

'And you remember...Matthew...21:17'
'And he went out of the city into Bethany and he lodged there?'
'Yeah! Think about it!

For sneaky funny, I always liked when Ned went crazy and he and the doctor were watching a video of him as a bratty kid. He was running around smacking other kids, going, 'I'm Dick Tracy, take that Prune Face! Now I'm Prune Face! Take that Dick Tracy! Now I'm Prune Tracy! Take that Dick--' then it cuts off. Blew my mind.

GRW810

There are many more lesser-known gags that I love that I can't remember the exact wording of, but two things always stick in my mind:

1) Super Nintendo Chalmers

2) The lie detector machine exploding when Scully asks Homer if he understands.

Dmax3901

Yeah this or:

Grandma Simpson: [singing] "How many roads must a man walk down, before you can call him a man..."
Homer: Seven!
Lisa: No, Dad, it's a rhetorical question.
Homer: Rhetorical eh... Eight!
Lisa: Dad do you even know what rhetorical means?
Homer: Do I know what rhetorical means!?

Frimaire

Probably not my favourite, but one that comes to mind.
"The following tale of is true, and by true, I mean false. They're all lies. But they're entertaining lies, and in the end, isn't that the real truth? The answer is no."
Also
"I have a crazy friend who says it's wrong to eat meat. Is he crazy?"
"Nooo, just ignorant, you see your crazy friend never heard of the food chain!"

My all time favorite is the Rock Bottom bit where Homer is interviewed, just because it's so blatantly scripted and fake, yet it passes as real television in Springfield.

StylusX

Bart: [German accent] Hey mouse...say cheese.
[snaps picture; an Itchy robot collapses]
With a dry, cool wit like that, I could be an action hero.
[the family snaps more photos]
[Homer emerges from a pile of robots]
Homer: Die, bad robots, die! [laughs] With a dry, cool wit like that, I could be an action hero.

balohna

1103468.jpg

Smithers, I'm home!

1104085.jpg

What? Already?

1108673.jpg

YES.

1108056.jpg

(Canned Laugh Track)

I also like this one.

One of my other favourites is Nelson telling Bart his epidermis is showing, causing him to fall, then as Bart is falling he's incorrectly explaining what epidermis means. Then "ha ha" at Bart for falling, followed by "I said ha ha" after Milhouse tells him Bart is really hurt.

There's not just one there's so many, whether it's a visual gag or a zippy one liner.

I use everythings coming up "Milhouse" regularly, with side dishes of "purple monkey dishwasher" when I want to be vague :D.

DonShula

Homer: Who are you?
Ghost: The ghost of Cesar Chavez.
Homer: Then why do you look like Cesar Romero?
Ghost: Because you don't know what Cesar Chavez looks like.

StayDead

Chief Wiggum: Now Sideshow Bob can't get in without me knowing. And once a man is in your home, anything you do to him is nice and [winks] legal.
Homer: Is that so? [yells out kitchen window] Oh, Flanders? Won't you join me in my kitchen? [Ned turns off the hose. Homer stands on the wall next to the kitchen arch, preparing to strike Flanders] Heh-heh-heh-heh...
Chief Wiggum: Uh, it doesn't work when you invite 'em.
Ned: Hidilly-hey!
Homer: Go home.
Ned: Toodledy-do!

Also Fat Tony vs the Yakuza. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeHflFNR4kQ

I'm seeing double, four Krusties!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom