• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favourite Simpsons joke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They work hard. They play hard.

1ovEPEI.jpg

Hot stuff coming through!

Palocca

The scene when Homer's at work after seeing the clown college ad always kills me.

Same with when Homer's was assisting Mr Burns and was trying to make him breakfast.

Also, "Hey, they're trying to learn for free!", from the Gettysburg reenactors from the teacher strike... Along with the finger thing and purple monkey dishwasher...

You know what, it's too hard to choose.

Farooq

Banned
Lovejoy: So Homer, pleas feel free to tell us anything. There's no judgment here.

Homer: The other day I was so desperate for a beer I snuck into the football stadium and ate the dirt under the bleachers.

Lovejoy: I cast thee out!

A lot of my favorites already got mentioned, but this was good too.

Oh and the part where Burns cuts the power to Springfield in Last Exit to Springfield.

https://youtu.be/B6nXCpPEdiI Of course Burns would kick a dog.

Anyone can find the YT clip of Homer trying to grab something off his back while spinning on the floor, and his family is laughing, but then they stop because it's getting awkward?

stuminus3

See my vest, see my vest, made from real gorilla chest.

Millhouse's eyebrows when Nelson reads the note that was meant for Lisa.

Anything with Lenny and Carl.

Another one that always cracked me up.

"APRIL F-"
YYmHyVv.gif

Also, when Homer gets left off the Thank You note from Mr. Burns. That cut is amazing.

I hate every ape I see from chimpan A to chimpanzee.

All the ingredients that made the Simpsons awesome are in that joke. Pop culture, the odd musical number, a so dumb it's funny punchline and the immortal Phil Hartman.

Is it politically incorrect nowadays to laugh at the gay steel mill part?
Cuz I still think it's funny.

I think the largest part of the joke is how Homer was homophobic enough to try and make sure Bart would be straight, and it backfired in the most spectacular way possible.

At least that's how I try to justify it.

Marge: Homer, when are you going to give up this crazy sugar scheme?

Homer: Never, Marge. Never. I can't live the button-down life like you. I want it all: the terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles. Sure, I might offend a few of the bluenoses with my cocky stride and musky odors - oh, I'll never be the darling of the so-called "City Fathers" who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about "What's to be done with this Homer Simpson?"

Homer: Oh yeah, Marge? You said I wouldn't make any money. Well, I made a dollar while waiting for the bus.

Marge: While you were out making that dollar, you lost forty dollars by not going to work. And the plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.

Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

[Millhouse is at gunpoint near the end of a water tube leading to the water falls of a dam]

Milhouse Van Houten: I'm telling ya, I'm didn't do anything!

Agent 1#: I don't care.

Milhouse Van Houten: [looks down at the water and jumps. Its a very long fall as he's yelping the whole way down, finally he lands]

Milhouse Van Houten: [weakly] My glasses!

Pretty sure Lisa's Rival is like my favourite episode...

I hate every ape I see from chimpan A to chimpanzee.

All the ingredients that made the Simpsons awesome are in that joke. Pop culture, the odd musical number, a so dumb it's funny punchline and the immortal Phil Hartman.
I started writing musicals about two years ago.

The Planet of the Apes musical numbers are everything I aspire to.

UFO

Banned
Smithers: [after a disaster involving a donut] Uh, sir, we found the problem. Some idiot threw this in the reactor core.
Homer: Success!
Mr. Burns: [incredulous] *You* did this? How could you be so irresponsible?
Homer: Uh, it's my first day.
Mr. Burns: Since I've never seen you before, maybe it is your first day. Very well! Carry on.
[begins to walk away]
Smithers: Uh, sir. That's Homer Simpson. He's been working here for ten years!
Mr. Burns: [walking back to Homer] Oh really! Why did you think you could lie to me?
Homer: It's my first day.
Mr. Burns: Well, why didn't you say...
Mr. Burns: [realizes] WHOA! YOU'RE FIRED!

Kent: Big game fever is reaching a fevered pitch as the fevered rivalry between Springfield U and Springfield A&M spreads like wild fever and… this is writing?

Niece backstage: I’m sorry Uncle Kent, I lost my thesaurus…

Kent: Thesaurus? You’ll lose more than… In preparation for the big game Springfield Stadium has caught additional seating capacity fever and… argh!

ATF487

Mr. Burns: I wonder if this Homer Nixon is any relation?
Waylon Smithers: Unlikely, sir. They spell and pronounce their names differently.

danm999

Is it politically incorrect nowadays to laugh at the gay steel mill part?
Cuz I still think it's funny.

The joke really isn't on the steel mill workers, it's on Homer's outdated ideas about sexuality and masculinity. Then it's just about laughing at a homophobe undergoing gay panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom