• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FCC wireless chip filing makes me think Sony will announce new Vita hardware

Rosur

what... I would of thought this would be a 5Ghz option for the PS4/ neo 9as PS4 only has the lower wifi atm.

edit: a vita revision makes more sense (maybe finally dropping the proprietary memory cards) than a new handheld.

I hope this is the "New PS Vita" I've been wanting Sony to make. Given Vita pretty much only exists to serve the Japanese market and Asia, and it'll be getting more PS4 ports than anything else (compared with PS3 cross platform games), Sony should definitely make a Vita that's forwards compatible with existing games but will run PS4 ports a bit more smoothly.

I'm not buying it, though, I just can't see publishers wanting to support a second TRINITY mode like they are forced to a NEO mode. Sony doesn't have that power over developers with Vita like they do PS4. And Sony arguably would be better off trying to make the PS4 a success in Japan rather than stick with a platform that's basically a dead-end. I can see NEO and PS VR being a "relaunch" of sorts for the format in Japan.

It's more likely that the event will focus on Neo, and Morpheus (PS VR), which launches the following month. If we do get a "New PS Vita" it's more likely to debut at TGS.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
If this actually happens, I can fully admit that I called it months ago. Morpheus, Neo, and portable Trinity.

Lime

tumblr_muop6wZq881rkonevo1_500.gif

ZeroX03

Banned
Why would they announced this at the PlayStation Meeting where there's absolutely no audience? Vitas are pulled from shelves in many places, the only country this would be for is Japan.

I find it so hard to believe thathat Sony will announce, in North America, something new for the PlayStation Vita. That would be very surprising!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Can someone explain better what does the FCC authority certification mean, anything? I don't see any clear sign of "PSVITA Trinity" there.

Anarky

Banned
I remember joking with a friend that Sony might have a project with the codename 'Trinity'. I guess I was right.

Edit: Wait looks like OP jumped the gun.

i won't believe until i see it

i also don't want it to be real because I finally caved in and got a Vita slim last holiday

EDIT: if it's just a new wi-fi chip, I don't care

Nikodemos

I never stopped believing in the PSP2...................................................

Okay, not really.

JobenNC

Better wireless and triggers for remote play please. I was real grumpy last night trying to play No Man's Sky in bed with R2 mapped to the front touch. Nothing you can do about it currently.

Top Bottom