• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February 2017 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes Tuesday, March 7th

Where is the guy that was arguing with everyone that X1 would win the month and that no way it would be down YOY,.,,,,The gap was huge for PS4, as expected the momentum from X1s was temporary.

AmyS

Where is the guy that was arguing with everyone that X1 would win the month and that no way it would be down YOY,.,,,,The gap was huge for PS4, as expected the momentum from X1s was temporary.

Yeah, it seems it was pretty temporary.

Can't wait for the Scorpio Hype Machine to get rolling in a couple months if not sooner.

Kyoufu

It will just make XB1 S sales lower because of anticipation.

I wonder if XB1S sales will even be affected. I mean, the issue with Xbox right now is their release slate being very dry. Who is going to put down $400 on something that plays the same games as their newly purchased XB1S? Scorpio has a lot of things going against it IMO.

I think you'll see that in the end, Scorpio will be in a similar position as the PS4 Pro. Vastly outsold by the much cheaper option.

Boke1879

What's the gap between the two? Do we have a ballpark as to how much each sold.

Boke1879

Ok yea. So we know it's over 100k. That's substantial.

I've said it before. I don't really see much changing for the rest of the year. Soon we'll see how much of an impact Horizon had..

I mean MAYBE Scorpio is enough to win a month, but even then. You'll have a cheaper PS4 bundled with Destiny no doubt, Maybe RDR2 and have marketing for Battlefront.

I mean MAYBE Scorpio is enough to win a month, but even then. You'll have a cheaper PS4 bundled with Destiny no doubt, Maybe RDR2 and have marketing for Battlefront.

The real competition now is PS4 vs Switch and who will win these coming months. I don't see XB1 having any real traction until E3.

Ok yea. So we know it's over 100k. That's substantial.
Actually, we know the gap is at least 170k. I posted better estimates earlier in the thread:

PS4 - 395k or higher
XB1 - 235k or lower
Gap: At least 170k (So if PS4 is 395, then XB1 is 225 or less; if XB1 is 235, then PS4 is 405 or more)
Combined: 651k or less (because PS4+XB1 is up MoM by a smaller percentage than 3DS)

It seems that somewhere NPD remarked that every platform is down YOY, though I didn't see this comment myself. If that's the case, then:

PS4 - 395k to 403k
XB1 - 0k to 233k
Gap: 170k+ (e.g. the results can't be 395k:233k, etc.)

noobie

Banned
Actually, we know the gap is at least 170k. I posted better estimates earlier in the thread:

PS4 - 395k or higher
XB1 - 235k or lower
Gap: At least 170k (So if PS4 is 395, then XB1 is 225 or less; if XB1 is 235, then PS4 is 405 or more)
Combined: 651k or less (because PS4+XB1 is up MoM by a smaller percentage than 3DS)

It seems that somewhere NPD remarked that every platform is down YOY, though I didn't see this comment myself. If that's the case, then:

PS4 - 395k to 403k
XB1 - 0k to 233k
Gap: 170k+ (e.g. the results can't be 395k:233k, etc.)

So this is the biggest gap between PS4 and XBO for February in USA?

Previous 157k in Feb 2016, 66k In Feb 2015 & 11k in Feb 2014

Top Bottom