• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Xbox One update rolling out to everyone today

Today, we’re excited to begin rolling out the first system update of 2015. Since Xbox One launched, we made a commitment to listen to feedback from the Xbox Live community and we continue to deliver on that promise. We’re always listening to your thoughts and will continue adding new features and improving existing functionality to enhance your gaming and entertainment experiences on Xbox One.

This month, we’re improving the Xbox One controller, enhancing Party Chat and adding new TV features like trending to OneGuide, and bringing “trick play” and live streaming on Windows Phone and Android to Xbox Live members in Europe using the Digital TV Tuner. Additionally, you can discover new content from your favorite games and further personalize your dashboard, among other cool new features.

Xbox Wire

Ok, now wheres my March update??

zychi

Banned
Already have this as a preview member. Its still a clustered mess.
Hopefully its an actual update, because its just meh for what preview people have

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I want Windows 10 update. Any news when that will come to Xbox One? Please be before E3. I need mew UI

RdN

Seriously? There's still a couple of high priority bugs, including games and apps no launching, that still aren't fixed.

RdN

This happens to me regularly. Have to do a hard reset every few days it seems

Yeah, it's a know issue for those who use Instant On, but the Beta version actually made the issue worse, having to hard reset after every boot. And it's still not fixed.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Does this update include the ability to make the tiles translucent?

hawk2025

This happens to me regularly. Have to do a hard reset every few days it seems

Same, but weirdly enough mostly with Forza Horizon 2 -- I would say it launches on first try about 20-30% of the time.

But maybe that's because FH2 is mostly what I play lately.

Screenshots in March pleeaaaasee.

I wonder if Microsoft will build upon all these updates the xbox one has been getting or if everything will just go out the window once a windows 10 version of the xbox one OS comes out.

Bessy67

I wonder if Microsoft will build upon all these updates the xbox one has been getting or if everything will just go out the window once a windows 10 version of the xbox one OS comes out.
I highly doubt that Windows 10 will mean much for the Xbox One OS. I'm sure there will be new apps and stuff but I'm not expecting a major overhaul.

I doubt they would be doing stuff that is completely changed when the Windows 10 update is due. The UI will change but visual things (such as transparent tiles) will all be being done to work with any future updates otherwise I suspect they wouldnt be doing them.

I doubt they would be doing stuff that is completely changed when the Windows 10 update is due. The UI will change but visual things (such as transparent tiles) will all be being done to work with any future updates otherwise I suspect they wouldnt be doing them.

Yeah that would make sense, but based off how drastic the changes were for UI updates on the 360 I wouldn't be surprised if the windows 10 xb1 os mixed things up a bit. I doubt they would get rid of features like custom themes though.

Alchemy

This update basically makes the Xbone a Slingbox right? Or is the TV streaming to mobile devices restricted to the same network the Xbone is on?

EdLin

Neo Member
Is there any way of getting your XB1 to check for updates? I just got mine day-one updated on the 30th, and don't see a way of getting it to check again.

Is there any way of getting your XB1 to check for updates? I just got mine day-one updated on the 30th, and don't see a way of getting it to check again.
With your xbox connected to the internet go to settings then system and it should say there whether an update is available or not.

I'm in the preview program and I'm still not sure what Game Hubs are really for.

They are nice place to sort all of the stuff you might want to do or look at in relation to a game. You will find leaderboards to compare what your friends have done with the game, find clips and broadcasts, and get to your achievements.

You can also use the hub to launch your game normally, as a broadcast, or as a party.

I suspect this will evolve over time to include even more features.

I bet at the end of Xbox One's life cycle, it will have a completely different interface that we can't imagine right now, and Ps4 will stay exactly the same.

Bgamer90

Banned
March update will be the Screenshots update, I can feel it...

I think it will be too.

So next week for March preview?

I've noticed a trend of MS releasing update previews during NPD weeks; don't know if it's just a coincidence or if it's actually a ploy to take some attention away from the months that the system isn't #1.

Anyway, yeah -- next week sounds right.

Top Bottom