• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Federal Judge in Hawaii puts revised federal travel ban on hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
tc5g3Bw.jpg
Judicial overreach for a Federal overreach.

Checks and balances you stupid motherfucker.

Just fully caught up on this story. I have no idea how Rudy Giuliani still hasn't been shamed into dust yet. It was his big fucking mouth that led to the shutdown of this EO.

Not to take away from Trump's big fucking mouth telling Anderson Cooper that "we're at war with radical Islam but we can't tell who's who," which the judge also cited. But JFC Rudy.

I'm so old that I remember when Rudy Giuliani wasn't completely and utterly stone cold fuck nuts.

Everyday, I'm glad the founding fathers saw the value of lifetime appointments for judges that are appointed by the executive branch. This ensures that no one administration has a monopoly on the judiciary. We might just survive 4 years of Trump for this very reason even if he stuffs up the courts with his own appointments (and all indications are showing that he isn't even doing that right now).

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Everyday, I'm glad the founding fathers saw the value of lifetime appointments for judges that are appointed by the executive branch. This ensures that no one administration has a monopoly on the judiciary. We might just survive 4 years of Trump for this very reason even if he stuffs up the courts with his own appointments (and all indications are showing that he isn't even doing that right now).

Just think. They put these systems in check to one day prevent a dictator from taking charge. And here we are some 200 years later witnessing this exact system in action.

It's a true shame that Republican voters can't experience or appreciate the weight of these actions. The foresight of the founding fathers is happening right before them -the very fucking thing that keeps them safe and lets them vote for Trump.

Amir0x

Banned
hahaha and this is after #BoycottHawaii was trending because the snowflakes in the #MAGA crowd think that it's illegal for a judge to overrule the president.

Now they got to #BoycottMaryland. Soon no place left in US for them to live or eat or drink lol

HotHamBoy

Trump may have just dealt a blow to his own executive order

But Trump, who vowed to fight what he called a "terrible ruling," may not have helped his own case Wednesday night. The president called the current order a "watered down" version of the first, potentially suggesting that they had the same intent.

"This is watered-down version of the first one. This is a watered-down version," Trump said at a campaign-style rally in Tennessee. "And let me tell you something, I think we ought to go back to the first one and go all the way (through the legal system), which is wanted I wanted to do in the first place."

Norman Eisen, a top ethics lawyer for former President Barack Obama, said in a tweet that the statement was a "legal disaster." He said Trump is "digging the grave" for the order.

Bluenoser

So seeing as Trump's own words were used against him in this decision, and knowing that his spoken and written words (via Twitter) will never be "undone", does any sort of travel ban of any kind, no matter how it is worded stand a chance in the future? In other words, did Trump's ignorant hateful words finally come back to bite him in the ass?

zethren

Banned
hahaha and this is after #BoycottHawaii was trending because the snowflakes in the #MAGA crowd think that it's illegal for a judge to overrule the president.

Now they got to #BoycottMaryland. Soon no place left in US for them to live or eat or drink lol

It's pretty telling how obviously uneducated/uninformed the idiots in the #MAGA crowd are, when they can't even grasp the concept of checks and balances (one of the very first elements of our governing system that is taught, because it is so crucial). Then again, the goddamned president doesn't even understand it lol

LifEndz

I love that these judicial opinions are quoting some of the crap he said in his campaign. All that rah rah hate speech rhetoric is biting him right in that big ass of his.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/aid...lowing-coverage-by-greta-van-susteren-report/

“White House officials traveling with him tried to cheer the president up by showing him remarks that Harvard University Law professor Alan Dershowitz made on Greta Van Susteren’s MSNBC show, arguing that the Supreme Court would never uphold the court’s ruling,” Politico writes.

Although this apparently worked to put the president in a better mood, he still ranted that the judge’s ruling against the ban made America look “weak” during his speech at the rally.

Lol..

SerTapTap

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/aid...lowing-coverage-by-greta-van-susteren-report/

“White House officials traveling with him tried to cheer the president up by showing him remarks that Harvard University Law professor Alan Dershowitz made on Greta Van Susteren’s MSNBC show, arguing that the Supreme Court would never uphold the court’s ruling,” Politico writes.

Although this apparently worked to put the president in a better mood, he still ranted that the judge’s ruling against the ban made America look “weak” during his speech at the rally.

Lol..

Our so-called-president is 5 years old. How could this happen.

AndyD

aka andydumi
What a fucking dumbass.

Serves him right. It'll make my day when the courts strike this EO down. Again.

I wonder if he'll try a third time, or pretend he has "better" things to do, and run with his tail between his legs.

He'll likely pivot, reduce visa caps, and say "we have the best vetting for these people" and move onto the next thing. Then he can say we lowered immigration by X, we deported record Y number.

Amir0x

Banned
Of course, because he gets to appeal to the 4th Circuit. They believe they have a good chance to win there.

Probably do have their best shot there.

Amir0x

Banned
I thought it goes to the 9th circuit just like the last one?

They are requesting clarification on the order from 9th circuit, and appealing in the 4th circuit. What Sean Spicer said during this briefing.

Makes sense, since Maryland decisions fall under the 4th Circuit. 9th Circuit Covers Hawaii, and they're likely to lose that one again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom