• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

fellow retail employee's, a question...

atomsk

Party Pooper
so, i've done all the quiz stuff at cyberscholar.com/nintendo, and i'm currently slogging my way though all these damn quizzes at xbox.com/retail...

does sony have any similar programs?

may as well exploit this stuff as long as i'm employed by toysrus

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Sony has not went into bribe mode yet

AniHawk

atomsk said:
so, i've done all the quiz stuff at cyberscholar.com/nintendo, and i'm currently slogging my way though all these damn quizzes at xbox.com/retail...

does sony have any similar programs?

may as well exploit this stuff as long as i'm employed by toysrus

I love Xbox.com/retail. It's how I got 70% of my Xbox library. :D

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
On Microsoft, you get free games and stuff. I didn't know Nintendo had a retailer site thingy

AniHawk

neptunes said:
what do you get when you take the quizzes?

Points which may be exchanged for MS games.

Halo, PGR, PGR 2, Voodoo Vince, Blinx, Crimson Skies, Amped, Amped 2, Munch's Odyssey, PSO EI&II, Shenmue II, etc...

You can also get hats and shirts. They used to give away system links, but they ran out a few months back.

AniHawk

Wario64 said:
On Microsoft, you get free games and stuff. I didn't know Nintendo had a retailer site thingy

Are you saying you don't know if they did, or are you surprised that they do?

EDIT: JUST SAW THE FIRST POST! HOLY CRAP, THEY DO!!!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I didn't know if they did. It's my first time I've heard about it. Not surprised about it though

Mooreberg

AniHawk said:
I love Xbox.com/retail. It's how I got 70% of my Xbox library. :D

Same here.

So far I've gotten Halo, Rallisport Challenge, Mech Assault, Brute Force, Midtown Madness 3, Project Gotham Racing 2, Rallisport Challenge 2 and an XBL kit w/ NFL Fever 2004.

signet

Nintendo's site stinks, you take quizzes and you use your points for weekly and monthly drawings. It is a scam, MS does it way better.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
signet said:
Nintendo's site stinks, you take quizzes and you use your points for weekly and monthly drawings. It is a scam, MS does it way better.

I guess that's why I've never heard of it till now

Lee-T

Nintendo gave everyone that did all the quizzes a free t-shirt at the end of last year since they said it was such a successful year for them. I've also won prizes from them with their drawings(a shirt or 2, no systems unfortunately). Also, Microsoft does this for PC and has some good software available cheap.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Haha, I still have an account with Xbox.com/retail and I don't even work in retail anymore :D
Free Xbox games rocks!

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
heh, don't call the GC "cheap", say it's a "value". Seriously though, not much reason not to do them when bored even if it's not as good a deal. It's interesting reading the beginning modules as you could see then how concerned they were about being age-stereotyped and having 3rd party support. Oh well. I think their sticking to their innovation guns (also highlighted) at least. 100+ YEARS, BITCH!

atomsk

Party Pooper
after all those nintendo quizzes i have like, 550 entries...

hopefully i'll win something...

as far as MS goes, unless you're ordering multiple games, the shipping is pretty ass. but doing all the quizzes at once get's you a shitload of points... still debating on what i should order

Chrono

Banned
What is this take-quiz-get-free-game buisness? Retail employees get free games directly from Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft? Is it only for retailers with specific chains like Best Buy maybe? This sounds awesome. :)

AirBrian

Question for those who have received Xbox stuff:

Do you have to work at a retail store? Do they verify? I've worked at BB in the past, but do not now.

Lee-T

There's a lot of people who cheat the X-box system and use it even though it says it's for authorized retail employees only. They have a warning that pops up when you order saying they will find cheaters and they will go after cheaters. I wouldn't recommend doing it just because it's cheating the system, and they sometimes will ask for a paycheck stub before they send you the games. And I think if you leave the place you work at, you are supposed to redeem your remaining points within 7 days of quitting.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
keep in mind xbox's site will abck charge you all teh cash from games you've won if they find out you've been screwing them, or so i've heard is mentioned in the terms you agreed to by signing up.

Manders

Banned
The funny thing is that you don't even have to work in retail. They don't even check. HAHAHA

Not that I use these sites...That would be wrong.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Waaaait now, I've been working at TRU for a fuck long time. Free games? Wtf?

AniHawk

Lee-T said:
There's a lot of people who cheat the X-box system and use it even though it says it's for authorized retail employees only. They have a warning that pops up when you order saying they will find cheaters and they will go after cheaters. I wouldn't recommend doing it just because it's cheating the system, and they sometimes will ask for a paycheck stub before they send you the games. And I think if you leave the place you work at, you are supposed to redeem your remaining points within 7 days of quitting.

I think I'm in a good spot. Officially I'm on a leave of absence (have been for a couple months- was supposed to go back this week, but they didn't have me on the schedule), so I'm on the company payroll still.

AniHawk said:
I think I'm in a good spot. Officially I'm on a leave of absence (have been for a couple months- was supposed to go back this week, but they didn't have me on the schedule), so I'm on the company payroll still.

Were you preggos?

Top Bottom