• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fever Ray "To The Moon & Back"

Snagret

I've tried STH a few times but I found that pretty hard to get into (and is pretty daunting at 1h36 runtime), but I'll def. listen to this album tomorrow.
STH is (intentionally) their least accessible album. Even as a huge fan of The Knife and Fever Ray, STH is probably my least favorite of their work from Deep Cuts and on. It's basically a "fuck you", left turn of an album to deliberately subvert people's expectations of them as a group. Which works as a weird, funny joke I guess, but I think STH fails as a cohesive, listenable album. There's a couple of ok songs on it, but it's not one I find myself having much of a desire to return to.

Silent Shout is much better in this regard, it's experimental and progressive without being obtuse, and remains an incredibly fresh listen despite being hugely influential and over a decade old.

Fever Ray first album is one of my all time favourites, so I'm beyond keen for this. Song sounds good, but I was hoping for moodier vibes like the first album. Still, I'll take what I can get!

RMI

Banned
Fuck yes God damn I've been waiting for this!

Not kidding every couple of months I Google search to make sure I didn't miss a new Knife or Fever Ray album.

Top Bottom