• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFCC: The Crystal Bearers Website (Releasing NA 26.12.09)

beje

Banned
I'm sure they're giving the final release date when the crystal fills >o<

I wish... but just in case keep clicking!

Oxx

It says 'More Visits, More Movies' but the text underneath the trailer says 'Wallpaper/Emblem'.

I know which one I'd rather have.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
AceBandage said:
Is there a reason for the world clocks at the bottom?
Even stranger is that they have multiple ones for the same country/timezone. Do we really need to know the time in Leeds, Birmingham and Glasgow? Isn't "UK" enough?

hrf2g6.gif

Oxx

BGBW said:
Even stranger is that they have multiple ones for the same country/timezone. Do we really need to know the time in Leeds, Birmingham and Glasgow? Isn't "UK" enough?

I thought they represented the locations of people visiting the site and adding their 'Crystal Powa!' to the crystal. Hence the beams of light travelling from the location/time to the crystal.

CTLance

What's up with Birmingham, everytime I tab over I see a star flying from Birmingham to the crystal. How odd. Either the biggest FF:CC fan in recorded history sits over there, frantically refreshing/clicking, or the whole city is a secret Square/Enix fan hive.

Jive Turkey said:
Hmmm...Not digging this. I wanted an actual FF:CC sequel.

Echoes of Time is spiritually the closest to the GC original. This is more like Ring of Fates, a story in its own right, more like a traditional FF but with an action RPG setup and a 'single' universe.

This game MUST have a cool main theme too. All the other games so far have:

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-YK...B7C0F941F&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX3Ppp7CBuw

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Khg...B4205005&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=10

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5VOZhX2yHY

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oxx said:
I thought they represented the locations of people visiting the site and adding their 'Crystal Powa!' to the crystal. Hence the beams of light travelling from the location/time to the crystal.
I guess so, as you do sometimes get the same location list twice. Guess it just doesn't show your own location.

CTLance said:
What's up with Birmingham, everytime I tab over I see a star flying from Birmingham to the crystal. How odd. Either the biggest FF:CC fan in recorded history sits over there, frantically refreshing/clicking
They have nothing else to do there.

ReiGun

The time clocks are different every time I tab over. Or maybe I'm just imagining it. I wonder if they've got anything ready if it gets full today.

Click people, click!

beje

Banned
I hope the next contents are movies and in case they're not, make it a batch of images not just one.

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
There's 2 more things "phased out" to unlock.

"It's Gonna Be A Long Night"

"Public Spectacle"

Make what you will of it, but it's still blinking "More Visits, More Movies". *hopeful*

Oxx

New crystal is still empty. Seems like it took around ten hours to unlock the wallpaper.

This could take a while.

CTLance

schuelma said:
Is the Crystal filled??
It was, but unlocking the crummy wallpaper reset it back to "empty".

I expected more from this "Emblem Wallpaper".

Oh well. Next unlock might be better!
(Although I believe that the next unlockables are wallpapers too, which means no additional trailer stuff for quite some time)

Eteric Rice said:
They should have really made this game a Final Fantasy of it's own. I fear that the CC label might throw people off.

If they go with what they did with Echos of Time, then you can't even tell it's a CC game, seeing as how the box as that part so tiny.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If they get the superhero mechanics down I'll be all over this. Sure, it won't really be 'Final Fantasy' or even 'Crystal Chronicles', only those in name, but awesome motion controls beg for an awesome super-power game.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The main character looks kind of weird to me. He looks sort of stubby. Like a blond-haired Danny Tamberelli.

CTLance

Wow, a star from Sapporo just circled the crystal four and a half times before impacting. Heh. Would've liked it to keep going, it was kinda hypnotic.

WARNING: When viewing the trailer, dragging the slider all the way to the left crashes IE7.

You may want to add this to the OP until it's fixed. Thankfully, I wasn't doing anything important this morning, so it didn't cause any harm, but I could imagine how it might. I don't have Firefox or Chrome within reach, so someone else might want to test those.

Anyway, I thought the displayed locations and times might reflect the four most recent visits, but it seems a bit too random for that. Maybe it's just a random sampling of four recent visits? Or maybe just a random sample of locations?

Top Bottom