• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV E3 Q&A - DLC Plans, Resolution/FPS For PS4/XBO, HUD, UI, Controls & More

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
By definition several means more than two. that posters statement stands.

Despite the "official" definition of "more than two, fewer than many", in modern English it pretty much always means "More than a few, fewer than a dozen".

Nobody calls 3 several. (or if they do, they get weird looks, like just now) It's usually used when it's a small number, but big enough that you can't immediately say an exact count at a glance. 5 or more usually.

Ray Down

Banned
?

No, I'm talking about the Microsoft conference with the live demo, it looked like it was running with a lot of dips.

SE admitted the demo was an older buggier build than what was on the show floor on the 2nd day stream, that and Mat ain't good.

Yoday

I'm really liking the trend of dynamic resolution in games. I'd honestly like to see it become standard across the industry when it comes to consoles. It allows for more stable framerates while also allowing for a sharper image a large amount of the time.

benzy

?

No, I'm talking about the Microsoft conference with the live demo, it looked like it was running with a lot of dips.

Streams aren't really great for judging framerates.

Dark from DigitalFoundry played and saw the e3 demo in person.

Just a tad on Xbox One. The resolution was still very low, as expected, but the part of the demo I played was running very consistently at 30fps with no frame-pacing issues. Definitely a big step up from the demos we've received for download in terms of performance.

The section I played was on the way to the Titan as I only had a short time.

I did watch some of the PS4 version being played and it looked quite smooth as well.

I'm starting to feel confident that the performance will be taken care of by launch.

Ketaya

Here is a video of the Titan demo running on PS4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaCmM3KTPjk

I think both framerate and imagequality look pretty good in the video, at least as far as it can be told with YouTube compression. Actually I think the game looks really great here.

You can also see how to use items as well as the current version of the main menu, it looks a bit more finished then the last time.
The item menu pauses the game like in Episode Duscae so you're not rushed.

7e4E1QH.jpg

yhOqCO0.jpg

MilkBeard

I think both framerate and imagequality look pretty good in the video, at least as far as it can be told with YouTube compression. Actually I think the game looks really great here.

You can also see how to use items as well as the current version of the main menu, it looks a bit more finished then the last time.

I have to be honest, this video makes the Titan fight look waaay cooler. It actually makes sense and is easy to follow.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but wtf were they thinking showing that specific spot of the fight without much context on stage at E3.

wmlk

I'm honestly surprised that they managed to make Titan look fun. I had lost all hope for set pieces. Looks like if you inflict enough damage, Titan gets staggered and you can inflict direct damage. There's more than just dodging.

Tabata did say that this is from an updated build, and you can really tell. Wonder if the Lucian desert looks better in this build...

Wonder if this ties into Ring Magic:

They're trying to achieve some cool technical stuff with them, like Noctis soaring up with (or materializing into?) a cloud of water particles in "spiritual form" and then slamming hard into the ground again in "physical form" when using a certain weapon

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=178590965&postcount=1112

Or, that could just be a weapon you get after beating Leviathan or something.

It could be, I was actually thinking the royal magic would be more like Meteor, Ultima, Flare, Holy and this kind of stuff.

I don't know, nothing is making me feel good about this game. The long development hasn't helped but playing the demo the combat seemed so bland, "hold down button.". Maybe something isn't clicking.

JBwB

Wow you're right the framerate looked incredibly smooth even when there were a lot of particle / smoke effects on screen.
Seeing this footage actually makes me incredibly hopeful that the final game will have a stable framerate no matter the situation.

Top Bottom